PDA

View Full Version : JUST WHAT is RGIII up to, anyway?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/1/2013, 01:21 PM
Say it ain't so, Robert. Don't go inviting Hard Times for yourself!

http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/13/espn-analyst-asks-if-rg3-is-a-cornball-brother-questions-him-having-a-white-fiancee-video/

SicEmBaylor
5/1/2013, 01:24 PM
That ^ incident is really really really old news.

I really thought this was going to be about the hoopla Griff caused yesterday when he tweeted this statement:
In a land of freedom, we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness.

He was referring to efforts to change the name of the Redskins.

5/1/2013, 01:28 PM
It's all part of a mounting "Oh, no, say it ain't so" situmation by Roberto. The ESPeNis just might turn on him, and the rest of the Media too. I hope his football skills remain high, so he can stay in their faces.

badger
5/1/2013, 01:28 PM
The name they proposed doesn't suck --- "Redtails" actually have ties to Oklahoma :)

Then again, I guess "Redskins" do too :(

Is anyone else surprised that the "Redskins" name survived as long as it did in one of the most liberal towns in America?

5/1/2013, 02:39 PM
The dominoes are falling. Time will tell if R. Griffin has the cajones to stand up to the Left. I'm guessing he will begin to hush up.

badger
5/1/2013, 02:46 PM
In many cases, it is embraced to go against the norm, the stereotypes, what is expected.

Two notable exceptions are politics and religion.

Redskins fans are an interesting bunch. They've put up with a lot of sh!t from their current owner and are (or at least were) in love with the franchise savior that brought them back to the playoffs in RG3.

So my guess? He doesn't back off and continues being him. And the fans won't turn on him totally, especially of the Redskins continue winning

5/1/2013, 02:52 PM
So my guess? He doesn't back off and continues being him. And the fans won't turn on him totally, especially of the Redskins CONTINUE WINNINGYes, and Griffin will have to play at a high level, too.

SicEmBaylor
5/1/2013, 02:53 PM
The dominoes are falling. Time will tell if R. Griffin has the cajones to stand up to the Left. I'm guessing he will begin to hush up.

I don't know that he's a conservative. Keep in mind we were both polisci majors and our time at Baylor overlapped although I never had a class with him.

He has an interest in law, but don't make the mistake of thinking he's some sort of conservative crusader. I highly doubt that. His job isn't to "stand up" to the left -- he's a football player.

SicEmBaylor
5/1/2013, 02:56 PM
RGIII always kept his politics pretty close to the vest when he was at Baylor. I remember hearing the topic of his senior thesis and it raised my eyebrow a bit, but I don't recall the topic.

He may or may not be a conservative. He may or may not be a Republican. He may or may not be a libertarian-leaning Republican. I simply don't know. My point is, don't expect him to get overtly political unless it's at the end of his NFL career.

badger
5/1/2013, 03:00 PM
Yes, and Griffin will have to play at a high level, too.

The Redskins fans have had to deal with the likes of Rex Grossman and other substandardness for awhile at QB. I'd say that RG3 has a longer leash if he has em playoff bound

SicEmBaylor
5/1/2013, 03:04 PM
They're building the entire franchise around him so, yes, I think it's safe to say RG3 has a long leash.

5/1/2013, 03:10 PM
If he's conservative, as i suspect, it will behoove him to simply STFU about politics and economics, as it does entertainers, who have wisely learned their careers can be severely damaged if they publicly state their views.

SicEmBaylor
5/1/2013, 03:15 PM
If he's conservative, as i suspect, it will behoove him to simply STFU about politics and economics, as it does entertainers, who have wisely learned their careers can be severely damaged if they publicly state their views.

Yes, but the difference is he at least has a degree in political science with aspirations of possibly attending law school depending on how things turn out with the NFL.

He isn't exactly some jackass celebrity who dropped out of high school to runaway to Hollywood and did detergent commercials for a decade before finding the right people to sleep with in order to become a legit celebrity.

My assumption would normally be that he's a conservative considering his parents, how he was raised, where he went to college, and his public statements; however, he is black and it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt as far as being a conservative.

5/1/2013, 03:22 PM
So, an entertainer, esp one who is conservative, CAN'T be intelligent and/or wel(lintelligently) educated?. Shirley you didn't mean to imply that?

SicEmBaylor
5/1/2013, 03:24 PM
So, an entertainer, esp one who is conservative, CAN'T be intelligent and/or wel(lintelligently) educated?. Shirley you didn't mean to imply that?

Not what I said. I was simply pointing out that his background makes any political points he might make somewhat more legitimate than an uneducated dip**** actor or actress.

jkjsooner
5/1/2013, 03:27 PM
Is anyone else surprised that the "Redskins" name survived as long as it did in one of the most liberal towns in America?

First off, yes, I'm surprised it has survived. Positive portrayals of native Americans is fine. Indians, Seminoles, Chiefs, Warriors, those are all perfectly acceptable. Redskins is an offensive term and should have gone away a long time ago.

red·skin [red-skin]
noun Slang: Often Disparaging and Offensive. a North American Indian.

That being said, your assertion of it being one of the most liberal towns is wrong. DC proper is but it is just a fraction of the metropolitan area. Much of suburban Virginia is pretty conservatives.

5/1/2013, 03:28 PM
Not what I said. I was simply pointing out that his background makes any political points he might make somewhat more legitimate than an uneducated dip**** actor or actress.you DIDN'T say it that way the first time. Of course, that is what I hoped you meant.

jkjsooner
5/1/2013, 03:30 PM

If RG3 is a conservative and wants to get into politics he would be welcomed with open arms. People love people who don't fit the stereotypes.

badger
5/1/2013, 03:35 PM
If RG3 is a conservative and wants to get into politics he would be welcomed with open arms. People love people who don't fit the stereotypes.

Republicans especially welcome the JW Shannons, JC Wattses, Colin Powells and Condi Rices. I remember a longtime Oklahoma Democrat lawmaker complaining that the state party never gave black elected officials the same opportunities to lead that the Oklahoma Republicans did. Why was JW Shannon the first black Speaker of the House now? Why was JC Watts speaking prominently at a nat'l party convention? Republicans.

SicEmBaylor
5/1/2013, 03:52 PM
If you're black and a conservative then you can pretty much punch your own meal ticket in the GOP.

okie52
5/1/2013, 04:25 PM
If you're black and a conservative then you can pretty much punch your own meal ticket in the GOP.

Yep...that would eliminate Colin Powell.

badger
5/1/2013, 04:29 PM
Hey look, he wrote a letter to Obama (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9232355/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-says-exercise-more-caution-injuries) (via ESPN)

StoopTroup
5/1/2013, 05:22 PM
GO REDTAILS ! ! !

cleller
5/2/2013, 07:51 AM

Hope not, but there is that "get in line, boy" mentality with them. They won't be happy until he's living in the projects and waiting for the govt check every month.

jkjsooner
5/2/2013, 08:52 AM
Yep...that would eliminate Colin Powell.

The doors were wide open for Colin Powell to stroll into the White House. Nothing would have stopped him. He just didn't want it which is totally fine.

Then Bush did his best to make Powell look like an idiot in front of an international audience. He completely ruined Powell's reputation - not to say Powell had no choice in the matter. I still think Powell could have recovered but it wasn't going to be as easy after that debacle.

jkjsooner
5/2/2013, 08:55 AM
Hey look, he wrote a letter to Obama (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9232355/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-says-exercise-more-caution-injuries) (via ESPN)

I didn't listen to the video but did read the article. Why is Griffin writing Obama to discuss using caution next time he's injured? Seems like an odd thing to discuss with Obama. Maybe there's a back story I don't know...

jkjsooner
5/2/2013, 08:56 AM
Hope not, but there is that "get in line, boy" mentality with them. They won't be happy until he's living in the projects and waiting for the govt check every month.

How does one become so cynical?

okie52
5/2/2013, 09:09 AM
The doors were wide open for Colin Powell to stroll into the White House. Nothing would have stopped him. He just didn't want it which is totally fine.

Then Bush did his best to make Powell look like an idiot in front of an international audience. He completely ruined Powell's reputation - not to say Powell had no choice in the matter. I still think Powell could have recovered but it wasn't going to be as easy after that debacle.

Powell endorsed Obama twice....

He doesn't need any help to look bad.

cleller
5/2/2013, 09:13 AM
How does one become so cynical?

From watching how govt programs have brought down the family unit in black communities. The left operates on a supposition that blacks will be better of by operating inside their (the left's) parameters.

Then, you've got jerks like this ESPN guy, that think because of his skin color, RGIII should behave in some prescribed manner.