PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 standings and remainder of the season.

Ruf/Nek7
4/30/2013, 10:46 AM
In regards to the baseball team, I regrettably have to admit that I don't think we will win the regular season Big 12 championship. Losing the series to baylor was disastrous. OUr remaining schedule includes West Virginia (9-6), Kansas State (9-6) and okie lite (7-7 and a rival series that always is tough). Baylor has Kansas (9-9 our best hope of giving da bears an L or 2) and titty tech (6-12).

All of this including the loss of Overton for a couple of weeks, it will be a tough hill to climb. On the bright side, with the pitching that we have, I don't see how we don't win the tournament and get a regional all to themselves.

Thoughts?

BoomerJack
4/30/2013, 11:25 AM
Ruf/Nek7: I made a similar in another thread. The loss Sunday to Tech and the Sunday loss to Baylor two weeks ago may come back to haunt them. Sooner's record could be 12-3 with Baylor's at 10-7 and in 3rd place behind KSU at 9-6. They needed a lead like that going into the last weeks of the regular season even with a healthy Dillon Overton. And now that question mark for a Sunday starter also pertains to the second starter after Gray.

Hopefully, Fisher, Garza, Karnes and maybe Krittenbrink can step up and we can continue to go 2-1 for each of the last three conference series and that will be good enough for a regular season championship. Then with Overton back for the conf. tournament we can make a good showing for a regional in Norman.

TumbleweedDoom
4/30/2013, 04:32 PM
You have to look past the current records. Texas Tech is back to full strength and a much better team than they've been for most of conference play. They've been missing either their No.1 or No.2 starter -- or BOTH -- for much of conference play and finally got them back for a series against -- of course -- us. They'll be a tough out for Baylor to sweep or even win the series with it in Lubbock. Kansas is also a good team that was sitting in 2nd place in the conference behind us before a disastrous weekend against West Virginia. If they play like they have before that WV weekend, there's no way Baylor sweeps them and the Bears will have to hustle to win the series.

Still, even with it not looking as gloomy as presented by judging our opponents' schedules, with Overton out and three straight conference series away from L. Dale, it's going to be a tough row to hoe. I think it comes down to the Kansas State series in Manhattan to end the season with either us or the 'Cats winning the title outright there.

colston15
5/1/2013, 11:13 AM
I think 16-8 in the Big 12 locks up the title and secures a host spot for us. Anything less and it's up for grabs.

hvhurricane
5/10/2013, 10:44 PM
I'll take 16-8 right now. We just have no offense. We are brutal at the plate.

Why didn't Gray go tonight?

colston15
5/11/2013, 02:46 AM
Demoralizing. That's the word for this season.

I thought we played good ball tonight. We got beat on two, two-out, bloop singles. One of which was on an 0-2 pitch that was over the heart of the plate.

We got a big two-out shot from Lorenzana, the bullpen pitched well, two of our huge problems coming in, and we still lost.

I've got nothing. Hopefully we can win one of the next two, because history suggests the winner of the Friday game wins the series. We just have to avoid a sweep.

tycat947
5/11/2013, 11:00 AM
Demoralizing. That's the word for this season.

I thought we played good ball tonight. We got beat on two, two-out, bloop singles. One of which was on an 0-2 pitch that was over the heart of the plate.

We got a big two-out shot from Lorenzana, the bullpen pitched well, two of our huge problems coming in, and we still lost.

I've got nothing. Hopefully we can win one of the next two, because history suggests the winner of the Friday game wins the series. We just have to avoid a sweep.

+1!

hvhurricane
5/11/2013, 11:20 AM
You have to score more than 3 to win on most nights, even on Friday night. I really don't think our lineup does the best job of putting the guys in position to excell. Oberste leading off is not a good baseball move.

C&CDean
5/11/2013, 12:24 PM
I've been able to see the guys play several times this year. Our pitching is good enough to win on most days. Our hitting? Atrocious. Pathetic. Anemic. Stinkturd.

I've never seen a team with guys from top to bottom who wave at bad pitches, hit little dink fly balls, pathetic weak groundouts - and all against some seriously medicore pitching. Initially, I blamed it on the bb core. I don't think so anymore. We just suck at hitting the ball - especially in pressure situations. The bad thing is that earlier this year we had some decent clutch hitting. WTF happened? I ain't buying that we're facing that much better pitching either.

If they plan on going anywhere, they've gotta bust the funk outta the funk they're in. I haven't given up on them...but I sure don't have much faith right now.

tycat947
5/11/2013, 05:20 PM
Pathetic, absolutely pathetic!

BoomerJack
5/11/2013, 05:32 PM
I hate to say it but this squad isn't all that. Screw the effing rankings.

Depending on how KSU does today and how OU does tomorrow, we could end up in 4th place or worse going into the Tournament.

Sooner95
5/11/2013, 07:00 PM
Yea, we are falling apart down the stretch...Gotta turn it around and quickly.

FaninAma
5/12/2013, 12:37 AM
Classic Sonny coached team.

hvhurricane
5/12/2013, 09:13 AM
I was hammered for saying this the other day, but SG's teams always run into a walk during some part of the season. The team either responds and starts playing well or they lose all of their confidence and falter in the end. Last year's team went through this same lull but pulled themselves out of the gutter by sweeping Baylor and playing well in the Big 12 tournament. As bad as we hit at home, we get even worse on the road. That doesn't bode well for the series next week in Manhattan. With that said, there is way to much talent on this team for them to have such bad approaches at the plate.

Also, there has been about 5 times this year when we have been behind by one run and get the leadoff hitter on late in the game. This happened on Friday. Instead of SG having the team that has the most sac bunts in the season bunt the runner over, he has the hitter hit away. I just don't get it.

OUmillenium
5/12/2013, 10:49 AM
I thought for sure the bunt was coming as well in that situation Friday. The lOSUr infield wasn't even extra close in bunt coverage. Strange

Soonerjeepman
5/12/2013, 11:03 AM
it's like my son's HS team...

the coach's philosophy is take the first pitch...EVERY FREAKIN TIME...

bottom 7th, 2 outs, down 4-3...2 on. 3 hole hitter on, yup...first pitch perfect fastball down the middle, foul ball, then called strike 3. Last one was questionable BUT ya let the best pitch go by first.

or same game, our 7/8 hitters, my son and his buddy, both got on 1 out of 2 times. Bottom of 7th, down 4 -1, puts in 2 younger kids for our guys, haven't played all game, maybe batted V 3 times the whole season..both promptly strike out.

just shake my head...

Ruf/Nek7
5/12/2013, 01:44 PM
This team couldn't possibly play any worse than they have in the last two weeks. They are quickly putting themselves out of the NCAA tournament. I never was a fan of Golloway to begin with. I could only hope this would end his career at OU.

tycat947
5/12/2013, 01:51 PM
This team couldn't possibly play any worse than they have in the last two weeks. They are quickly putting themselves out of the NCAA tournament. I never was a fan of Golloway to begin with. I could only hope this would end his career at OU.

Agreed! I think he's stabilized the program and recruited well but on the field they've been disappointing except for a few times. With the record he has, he's not going anywhere, unfortunately.

Ruf/Nek7
5/12/2013, 01:54 PM
Yep, seen enough. Get swept by osu, will likely repeat next week against ksu. I have zero reason to believe we will make it past the opening round of the Big 12 tourney thus another miserable end to what started as a promising season. So frustrating.

Ruf/Nek7
5/12/2013, 04:11 PM
See how I single handedly turned that game around with my previous message? You guys are welcome.

C&CDean
5/12/2013, 05:05 PM
My good friend faninama always throwing a coach under the bus. It ain't Sunny's fault these guys are swinging like girls. He's tried shaking up the lineup and other things. He's playing freshmen.

Why do you guys always go to the lowest denominator when our teams play bad? It's really a lazy/easy thing to just point at the coach. We've got some candyassed hitters.

Collier11
5/12/2013, 06:24 PM
I think moving Oberste to the leadoff was a bad move, other than that, Sonny has done a great job

Soonerjeepman
5/12/2013, 07:19 PM
See how I single handedly turned that game around with my previous message? You guys are welcome.

thanks...it's a good win. Hopefully we can pull off a ksu sweep.

colston15
5/12/2013, 07:32 PM
I think Toby and Bushyhead had it right during the post game today. This win doesn't cure all faults, but it at least restores some belief we can beat a good team.

After playing pretty well and losing two straight to a bitter rival morale was pretty low. Can we sweep KSU? Probably not, but at least we get that chance.

TumbleweedDoom
5/12/2013, 10:47 PM
I love how its always the end of the world and "Sonny's" fault, whoever the f#*k "Sonny" is. But my favorite post on this thread is the comment of "another miserable end to a season." When, pray tell, were the other miserable ends of seasons? Ill give you 2011, but you have to go back to 2007 to have another one that even comes close to a miserable end, and even that could be argued as we made a last minute run in the conference tourney to try to make the NCAA's.

But, lets not have facts stand in the way of a good Internet rant.

Collier11
5/13/2013, 09:51 PM
we lost 2 games to a ranked team by 1 run, ppl that think the sky is falling are idiots. Having said that, we have to sweep Kstate or we blow the Big 12 title that we have had the inside track to all year

nighttrain12
5/14/2013, 01:17 AM
9 teams in the conference playing baseball and only 8 makes the Big 12 post season tournament. Right now Texas is the one in 9th, 1 game behind Texas Tech. My need to laugh at Texas (and OSU) at every opportunity outweighs the practical need to want Texas to make it so more of their fans will drive up attendance and keep the tourney in OKC for future years.

FaninAma
5/14/2013, 02:35 PM
Deano, then find somebody who can swing a little less effeminately. That is the coach's job. Looks like he did just that in the last OSU game. Too bad it took him the whole Big 12 schedule to do it.

i think coaches as a rule get enamored with certain players after they have decided their starting lineup and are wimps about making changes.

As far as Sonny is concerned, his decision to pitch to the best South Carolina hitter(and the nation) with the tying run on 2nd, two outs and 1st base open in the 12th inning of their game in the 2010 CWS instead of intentionally walking him to get to a rarely used substitute batter with all of 20 plate appearances on the year was one of the most bone-headed coaching decisions in baseball I have seen outside of tee-ball. It was THE reason OU lost that game and failed to advance in the tournament.

But basically I have never understood the reasoning behind excusing a coach for playing underperforming players and Sonny is one of the worst at doing this. And I don't consider the head coach as the lowest common denominator. Show me some regular season and conference tourney titles and I may have a different opinion of his skills.

FaninAma
5/14/2013, 02:47 PM
Tumbleweed, I had forgotten Sunny spelled his name the feminine way. Sorry, it is hard to get used to calling a grown man "Sunny".

More to the point, how many conference championships or conference tourney titles has Sunny's teams won?

TumbleweedDoom
5/15/2013, 11:10 AM
Jackie Bradley wasn't the best hitter in baseball that year. He was really good, but wasn't the best in college baseball. He was also 0-for-5 that night and the guy batting behind him had 116 plate appearances with a .300 batting average and 8 jacks and was also a lefty. And if you walk Bradley, you're putting the WINNING run on base, which is a big no-no.

So, basically, you just showed your *** FaninAma with factual errors galore (not to mention the misspelling of our own coach's name). Therefore, we can't take any further posts from you seriously. Goodbye.

FaninAma
5/15/2013, 02:28 PM
Jackie Bradley wasn't the best hitter in baseball that year. He was really good, but wasn't the best in college baseball. He was also 0-for-5 that night and the guy batting behind him had 116 plate appearances with a .300 batting average and 8 jacks and was also a lefty. And if you walk Bradley, you're putting the WINNING run on base, which is a big no-no.

So, basically, you just showed your *** FaninAma with factual errors galore (not to mention the misspelling of our own coach's name). Therefore, we can't take any further posts from you seriously. Goodbye.

if you want to have a discussion, I'll have a discussion. The shrillness and anger in your responses seem a bit immature or indicate you have some sort of personal relationship with Sonny.

If all you have is my misspelling of Sonny's name then your position is weak.

I'll ask once again, how much hardware has Sonny placed in the trophy case including big 12 conference regular season titles, Big 12 conference tourney titles and NCAA titles? The answer is between 0 and 1.

Putting the winning run on base is a big no-no if the tying run isn't at 2nd base and you don't have the team's best hitter coming up with the option of pitching to a MUCH weaker hitter next. Not only would he have put the force play back into effect he would have had a much, much more favorable matchup. Of course after the tying run was batted in OU's pitcher totally lost focus and proceeded to give up winning run via walk to the ****ty batter and another hit.

The game announcers excoriated Sonny for his strategy.

Collier11
5/15/2013, 08:43 PM
Fanima, I respect you but you are wrong on Sunny. True, he hasn't brought home any conference titles but honestly, does it matter? The guy is going to Super Regionals, been to the Tourney each year, and has a CWS appearance. I don't always like his style, especially his tendency to bunt with power hitters, but the guy can coach

C&CDean
5/16/2013, 11:07 AM
Deano, then find somebody who can swing a little less effeminately. That is the coach's job. Looks like he did just that in the last OSU game. Too bad it took him the whole Big 12 schedule to do it.

i think coaches as a rule get enamored with certain players after they have decided their starting lineup and are wimps about making changes.

As far as Sonny is concerned, his decision to pitch to the best South Carolina hitter(and the nation) with the tying run on 2nd, two outs and 1st base open in the 12th inning of their game in the 2010 CWS instead of intentionally walking him to get to a rarely used substitute batter with all of 20 plate appearances on the year was one of the most bone-headed coaching decisions in baseball I have seen outside of tee-ball. It was THE reason OU lost that game and failed to advance in the tournament.

But basically I have never understood the reasoning behind excusing a coach for playing underperforming players and Sonny is one of the worst at doing this. And I don't consider the head coach as the lowest common denominator. Show me some regular season and conference tourney titles and I may have a different opinion of his skills.

Ah Steve, you and your "it's always the coach no matter what" credo. Heh.

I never blame a coach for a single boneheaded call. I am more of a body of work guy. You say "he should find someone who doesn't hit like a chick." I say "these same guys ripped the cover off the ball in the past, wtf are they doing wrong now?" If I have to blame a coach it'd have to be Aric - but it's more realistic to blame the guy with the bat in his hands.

Sunny is a good coach. He's a little strange/different, but I'll take him. He's proven himself over time - even if he hasn't won the Big 12 or a NC. You're just spoiled cause your girls won a Big 12.

colston15
5/16/2013, 06:00 PM
No Overton this weekend. Says he's not ready to pitch.

hvhurricane
5/16/2013, 08:54 PM
If we don't have two quality pitchers, we are going to struggle to win games. We just aren't good enough at the plate to out-slug anyone

Collier11
5/16/2013, 10:16 PM
If Overton is healthy, we can pitch our way to Omaha...if he isn't, we are done early

FaninAma
5/17/2013, 09:12 AM
Dean, I agree but I don't know how to measure body of work other than conference hardware. Super regionals means you are one of 16 teams still playing at the end at that point in the season. I would hope OU could field a top 16 team almost every year not just 3 out of 7. I don't expect OU to be in the CWS ever yearbut more than once in 7 years I don't think is unreasonable.

Sunny isn't a bad coach. I just have doubts he is the coach to get OU to the elite level of college baseball.

I try to be fair with my criticism. I know players are the ones who ultimately put the final product onthe field but as any supervisor or person in charge knows he is ultimately the one responsible for the product of those he oversees.

my intent wasn't to try and **** anybody off. I just think there is enough evidence to indicate Sunny won't lead OU to an elite status. Heck, Cochelle had a better body of work than Sunny and he was ultimately shown the door.....and I know there were some other factors involved.

C&CDean
5/17/2013, 10:16 AM
Dean, I agree but I don't know how to measure body of work other than conference hardware. Super regionals means you are one of 16 teams still playing at the end at that point in the season. I would hope OU could field a top 16 team almost every year not just 3 out of 7. I don't expect OU to be in the CWS ever yearbut more than once in 7 years I don't think is unreasonable.

Sunny isn't a bad coach. I just have doubts he is the coach to get OU to the elite level of college baseball.

I try to be fair with my criticism. I know players are the ones who ultimately put the final product onthe field but as any supervisor or person in charge knows he is ultimately the one responsible for the product of those he oversees.

my intent wasn't to try and **** anybody off. I just think there is enough evidence to indicate Sunny won't lead OU to an elite status. Heck, Cochelle had a better body of work than Sunny and he was ultimately shown the door.....and I know there were some other factors involved.

Cochell was jobbed/robbed. I still see him a lot and he's a great man. Perfect example of PC running amok. Makes me wanna puke.

One of the things I like/hate about baseball vs football is how you can play like **** but still end up going a long way if you get hot at the right time. OU can still make some noise this year - but only if they figure out a way to start hitting the effing ball.

colston15
5/17/2013, 12:25 PM
Cochell was jobbed/robbed. I still see him a lot and he's a great man. Perfect example of PC running amok. Makes me wanna puke.

I think I understand what you're saying, but this is still a fairly ignorant statement.

C&CDean
5/17/2013, 05:35 PM
I think I understand what you're saying, but this is still a fairly ignorant statement.

Really? How is it ignorant? He was jobbed. He's a great person. He said ****** in a very non-offensive and non-threatening way and lost his gig for it.

If that ain't PC running amok, pray tell me what is?

colston15
5/17/2013, 06:06 PM
Really? How is it ignorant? He was jobbed. He's a great person. He said ****** in a very non-offensive and non-threatening way and lost his gig for it.

That word can't be used in a non-offensive way, sorry.

C&CDean
5/17/2013, 09:36 PM
That word can't be used in a non-offensive way, sorry.

That word? Are you serious? Please. If you really buy that horse**** then you're swimming in the shallow end of the pool. Every black person I know says ******. Every single one. If a single word that is in pretty much every dictionary scares you/offends you/freaks you out that much then might I suggest you're one shallow mother****er?

Sheez.

C&CDean
5/17/2013, 09:38 PM
BTW, are you 15?

hvhurricane
5/17/2013, 09:40 PM
It was time for LC to move on, but he did get jobbed. Kyle Peterson is a piece of **** for trying to make his mark by publicizing LC's comments. Should he have said the word? No, but the word gets used in society all the time.

We can't even win a game tonight when we put up 5 for Gray. Amazing. We lose on a passed ball. It is something new every night.

C&CDean
5/17/2013, 09:48 PM
It was time for LC to move on, but he did get jobbed. Kyle Peterson is a piece of **** for trying to make his mark by publicizing LC's comments. Should he have said the word? No, but the word gets used in society all the time.

We can't even win a game tonight when we put up 5 for Gray. Amazing. We lose on a passed ball. It is something new every night.

The word. Good grief. We can say God damnit, mother****er, **********, dicklicker, ****, and all kinds of other ****.

Yeah, I'm with you. We can't even win a game for nothing...

MI Sooner
5/18/2013, 01:36 AM

It wasn't 1983. Anyone who thinks he can use "******" in a non-quote context is, at minimum, showing very poor judgement. Secondly, that quite implies that he thinks there ARE players who are ******s. Just because he also thinks there are players who are honkeys too doesn't mean it's okay to say there are some black people who are ******s. On its own, it seems that he's a person who see black people and white people, not just people.

If you walk up to a black co-worker and say, "you're not a ******," I think many would find it ofensive, and not just because the word itself is jarring.

Blue
5/18/2013, 01:58 AM
Waaaaaa. WGAS? Bottom line is this team can't hit. I have no idea why Max White is still hitting 3rd. I've maybe seen him hit 3 hits all season on stattracker.

TumbleweedDoom
5/18/2013, 02:52 AM
It's not smart to honestly think, as a white person, a person can - or SHOULD be able to - use that word non-offensively. And I'm a Cochell (notice the correct spelling) fan and always will be. Love the guy who, admittedly, made a mistake. But I do believe people should be able to move on from mistakes and he should be honored here in Norman.

C&CDean
5/18/2013, 09:23 AM
First, I didn't say it. I said he got jobbed for using it in a non-threatening way. A mistake? Maybe. A mistake worthy of losing your living over? Not even close.

I could go on, but then I'd need to move this thread to the Obamafest board.

Ruf/Nek7
5/18/2013, 09:40 AM
You also have to keep in mind that Cochelle comes from a day that ****** was non-offensive. He was a victim of the growing popularity of pussified liberalism.

C&CDean
5/18/2013, 11:14 AM
You also have to keep in mind that Cochelle comes from a day that ****** was non-offensive. He was a victim of the growing popularity of pussified liberalism.

Funny thing is the most offended/outraged group is the white apologists.

C&CDean
5/18/2013, 11:37 AM
Spare me TD. I'm 55 years old, and I've been to East St. Louis many times. Went through there last week in fact. One of my drivers' family lives there (yes, he's black - no I don't have tons of black friends). It's not about "a little respect for others." It's about being outright ridiculous about it. I don't run around going ****** ****** ******. That would be wrong. Cochell was complimenting a kid and the apologists reemed him for it. Bad judgement on his part? Sure. Worth getting fired for? No.

FaninAma
5/18/2013, 12:47 PM
Dean, there will be a time soon that all the liberal handwringing and excuse
making for their failures and the failures of those that vote for them will be
laid bare for the bull**** it is. Its just too bad that the progressives are wreaking
havoc on the country in the meantime.

BTW, I had highs hool coaches meaner than the SOB fired at Rutgers. Every other
word out of their moutgs were expletives. I wonder if they will go after Marine
Drill Seargents next.

colston15
5/18/2013, 03:38 PM
This place has never been a bastion of intelligence, but I think we've reach a new low. Most of you guys don't know **** about the team anyways.

Enjoy your party of ignorance, I'm out.

TumbleweedDoom
5/18/2013, 04:13 PM
Spoken like a true angry white man, Ama. We'll just agree to disagree, but maybe you should look in the mirror when wondering why Obama got elected for a second time: they are tired of the country run by the likes of you. And the more you respond and open your mouth, the more it becomes obvious. I welcome your idiotic responses as they show your true colors of guys like you and Ruf Nek. I'm out as well.

C&CDean
5/18/2013, 04:21 PM
You know, there's a thread somewhere about liberal men. You two oughta go check it out. Sheez.

I guess I'm just not seeing what you two are so outraged about. Someone having an opinion differing from your own? Besides, if our team could hit worth a **** we wouldn't be having this philosophical discussion. I'm blaming it on them.

Sooner95
5/18/2013, 05:41 PM
LOL Dean

We keep screwing around we're gonna be a 7 seed in the Conf tourney...I got nothin..

Ruf/Nek7
5/18/2013, 05:55 PM
Like I said, pussified liberalism. Atleast we got rid of two fledglings. Survival of the fittest?

C&CDean
5/18/2013, 07:29 PM
Liberals would rather run than fight.

hvhurricane
5/18/2013, 09:00 PM
No Overton this weekend. Says he's not ready to pitch.

So we don't start him, but we bring him out of the pen? How does that make any sense? If he can't pitch, don't try to bring him in for a worthless 2/3 of an inning? Then we bring in guys who haven't pitched in two months? What are we doing?

C&CDean
5/18/2013, 09:32 PM
So we don't start him, but we bring him out of the pen? How does that make any sense? If he can't pitch, don't try to bring him in for a worthless 2/3 of an inning? Then we bring in guys who haven't pitched in two months? What are we doing?

It's just silly now. WTF Sunny?

hvhurricane
5/18/2013, 09:32 PM
We lose the series to KSU.

Collier11
5/18/2013, 10:54 PM
we have gone from Big 12 favorite and Top 15 team to ncaa bubble team in 1 month...hopefully we can rite the ship

FaninAma
5/18/2013, 11:03 PM
Tumbleweed, calling anybody else angry is a bit ironic on your part. Your posts just ooze anger and you are quick to express it with anybody who disagrees with you.

Anyway, I have never seen any indication of a style of play Sunny tries to acheive with his teams. And his teams, save for the 2010 team, are just not mentally tough on the field.

Maybe this team will get it together and make a good run in the tournament but it looks like they have checked it in to me. But that's also the great thing about baseball. If they can steal a couple of games in the tournament and get some of the players refocused who knows.

Ohiosooner2
5/19/2013, 07:47 AM
I just don't see OU making any noise in the tourney as they continue to implode.
I hope to be proven wrong though.
Wow, no kidding on the definition of irony!!

nighttrain12
5/19/2013, 11:57 AM
OU Baseball twitter posted that if we win Sundays game, we are 4th seed. If we lose today, we are the 5th seed. Big 12 tourney schedule will be announced soon AFTER todays single league game.

Texas finished 9th and is out of the Big 12 tourney!

hvhurricane
5/19/2013, 12:46 PM
So, basically it is OU vs Baylor in the 9 AM game on Wed. What a huge disappointment.

Collier11
5/19/2013, 02:57 PM
OU salvages a win, will be the 4 seed and we really need to win atleast 1 game in the tourney IMO to secure an ncaa spot

nighttrain12
5/19/2013, 07:13 PM
So, basically it is OU vs Baylor in the 9 AM game on Wed. What a huge disappointment.

All their times are horrible for those of us that work 8-5 jobs. Here's the bracket and times for each game.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=106091&SPID=13131&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=207032302

After the 9am Wednesday game, we play at either 9am or 4pm on Thursday and if still alive, then either 3:15 Friday (losers bracket) or 9am on Saturday (winners bracket).

hvhurricane
5/21/2013, 05:58 PM
We get a crappy 9 AM slot. Seems like we are always playing in that time slot. Our RPI is only 52, so we are clearly on the bubble. We have to win at least two games in the tournament, IMO. We have to make a good showing. I think we have lost 10 of our last 13? That doesn't look good to the commitee.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/26/2013, 06:19 PM
Liberals would rather run than fight.they do their damndest to eliminate criticism and critics, and are too effective at doing that, unfortunately for America.

TumbleweedDoom
5/26/2013, 06:21 PM
Don't you have some blacks and Hispanics to alienate?

FaninAma
5/26/2013, 06:33 PM
Sunny left a message for you FanInAma. It was pretty short. Just said "**** You."

How old are you? I am guessing 16 but I may be giving you too much credit. I haven't engaged in name calling or invectives of any type. Sunny should have the program at a higher level than it is. If you can't discuss a subject with a semblance of maturity and intelligence you should just stay off the board.

BTW, I am still not convinced he is anything more than an above average coach as witnessed by his stupid coaching moves in the bottom of the 9th yesterday against KSU.

I hope the team does well but if they reach the CWS it will be because they have one of the best pitching rotations in College baseball not because Sunny out-coached any of the opposing coaches he will face.

TumbleweedDoom
5/26/2013, 07:01 PM
OK, I agree, that was uncalled for. Ill delete and offer my apology. I was a little riled up after the game. While we may never see eye to eye on Sunny, I can agree I got out of line and hope you accept my apology.

colston15
5/26/2013, 08:37 PM
40 wins for the 5th straight season. Rice and Florida State are the only teams in the country to have accomplished that.

I'd say that's pretty good company to keep in college baseball.

Divisive people have left the program and we've gone to a Super Regional and won a Big 12 title in the two years following.

The anti-Golloway crowd is laughable at this point. It's literally not worth talking about any longer. There is no argument to be made against the guy.

Collier11
5/26/2013, 11:34 PM
40 wins for the 5th straight season. Rice and Florida State are the only teams in the country to have accomplished that.

I'd say that's pretty good company to keep in college baseball.

Divisive people have left the program and we've gone to a Super Regional and won a Big 12 title in the two years following.

The anti-Golloway crowd is laughable at this point. It's literally not worth talking about any longer. There is no argument to be made against the guy.

This Fanima, some of his in-game moves are questionable, I for one hate the fact that he so often bunts with our 3, 4, and 5 hitters. Having said that, he is one of the most successful and consistent coaches in D1...sure, he probably isn't Top 10, but he is def a Top 20 coach

BoomerJack
5/27/2013, 06:06 AM
Collier: Re your comment about bunting the 3,4 & 5 hole hitters.

A lot of this was dependent on the situation and how hot of a bat these guys are swinging. The Sooners have been forced to manufacture a lot of runs using small ball tactics.

Collier11
5/27/2013, 12:53 PM
I realize that, but you gotta let your big sticks swing. Max, Matt, and Hector have been in those spots a lot and all have produced