PDA

View Full Version : The inevitable has happened. Tebow waived by the Jets.

sooneron
4/29/2013, 09:18 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/29/tim-tebow-released-new-york-jets/2120333/

I was actually feeling bad for the guy.

badger
4/29/2013, 09:21 AM
The anger from losing to Florida a few years ago in the title game has all been supressed after the sh!t NYJ put him through this past season.

I was sick of the media circus they gave him in college, in Denver and even that arrival in NYJ press conference followed up by the shirtless rain run post-practice. Gag.

Everything since then, from starting Greg McElroy to "punt protector" duty to even that WTF Rex Ryan tattoo... ugh.

Best of luck on your future endeavors... but don't you dare go to St. Louis.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
4/29/2013, 09:38 AM
Yawn

Ruf/Nek7
4/29/2013, 09:48 AM
Looks like Tebow better learn the words to Oh Canada!

Widescreen
4/29/2013, 10:04 AM
The guy is a football player. I'm a little surprised that he isn't willing to move to TE. Apparently other teams inquired about him but only if he would agree to try TE. He wasn't.

Dan Thompson
4/29/2013, 10:08 AM
This must be about the shortest career of any Heisman winner.

rock on sooner
4/29/2013, 10:11 AM
Given what happened with Warner after the Arena League, maybe
he should do that. At least he'd be out of the national sports pic
for a while.

Taxman71
4/29/2013, 10:14 AM

Lets not get into that argument[JWhite].

Midtowner
4/29/2013, 10:23 AM

Almost identical to Eric Crouch.

badger
4/29/2013, 10:26 AM
Looks like Tebow better learn the words to Oh Canada!

I admit that if he were to go to the CFL or Arena Football, I would suddenly have a reason to watch either and would seek em out on NBC Network or NFL Network or whoever has broadcast rights.

However, I don't expect him to jump to either till the NFL thing doesn't pan out in preseason with whatever team takes a chance on him.

PS: Just take him Jacksonville. You'll give immediately fan interest and you didn't draft a QB this year (unless Denard Robinson counts). Nike would love you forever, since they just redesigned those Jax unis too.

sooneron
4/29/2013, 10:47 AM
I'm fairly certain that the Jags ownership wants the team to die on the vine so they can bolt for LA LA Land.

olevetonahill
4/29/2013, 10:52 AM
this is a Who Cares moment for me.

sooneron
4/29/2013, 10:53 AM
heh

sooner_born_1960
4/29/2013, 11:19 AM
If Tebow can be an NFL tight end, why do teams even bother drafting people who actually played the position? Hell, why even hire football players to play the position?

Curly Bill
4/29/2013, 11:25 AM
Good riddance!

Breadburner
4/29/2013, 12:04 PM
**** Tim Tebow.....!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/29/2013, 01:55 PM
The guy is a football player. I'm a little surprised that he isn't willing to move to TE. Apparently other teams inquired about him but only if he would agree to try TE. He wasn't.I've thought this since he was in college at FU.

agoo758
4/29/2013, 02:00 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/29/tim-tebow-released-new-york-jets/2120333/

I was actually feeling bad for the guy.

Guy has been paid millions of dollars to complete 40 percent of his passes during his career and to be on the field for 3 plays in 2012. There are plenty people more deserving of your sympathy.

Scott D
4/29/2013, 03:31 PM
I like the picture floating around on facebook that has him holding up a sign that says "Will Punt Protect For Food"

sooneron
4/29/2013, 11:20 PM
Guy has been paid millions of dollars to complete 40 percent of his passes during his career and to be on the field for 3 plays in 2012. There are plenty people more deserving of your sympathy.

GMAFB. It had more to do with the embarrassing situation for all parties involved. Enjoy some red back at ya. And if you're looking for sob stories about people that have it so bad, don't peruse a football board.

cleller
4/30/2013, 08:45 AM
The guy is a football player. I'm a little surprised that he isn't willing to move to TE. Apparently other teams inquired about him but only if he would agree to try TE. He wasn't.

This was exactly what I was going to post. I haven't followed the circus around him, but wondered if the option has been explored. Figured maybe he was holding out for a QB spot.

I think if they got him on the field at TE, his Energizing Bunny motor would wear someone down until he got open for some tricky HS-type highlight reel plays.

badger
4/30/2013, 09:00 AM
Teebz was probably holding out for a QB spot and I'd have to think he's settle for TE if it was his only NFL option.

HOWEVER, by the same notion, I'm thinking that NFL teams were holding out for not having to give up squat to get someone who barely played last year. If you get passed up for Greg McElroy (no disrespect for the Rhodes Scholar finalist, but c'mon), you are not even deserving of being traded for a 7th round selection.

Teebz holding out for QB, teams holding out for getting him for free. There's still a chance, then, that he could not end up in Canada.

sooneron
4/30/2013, 09:12 AM
Clayton was on Mike & Mike earlier saying that he will have trouble in Canada, due to the larger field. He has major issues with short passes and out routes. That's not good on a wider field. He said arena may be a better fit. Of course, a wider field would give him more room to run.

KantoSooner
4/30/2013, 11:41 AM
There are literally millions of uncircumcised little boys in this benighted world. Tebow's work is far from done.

picasso
4/30/2013, 11:51 AM
Almost identical to Eric Crouch.

Really? Did Crouch ever start or win a game?

picasso
4/30/2013, 11:53 AM
GMAFB. It had more to do with the embarrassing situation for all parties involved. Enjoy some red back at ya. And if you're looking for sob stories about people that have it so bad, don't peruse a football board.

Heh

badger
4/30/2013, 12:02 PM
At least he had his Super Bowl moment... a tackle!
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/faith-and-reason/2010/02/06/tacklex-large.jpg