PDA

View Full Version : So, did Jefferson and Stills make good decisions?

JLEW1818
4/27/2013, 05:21 PM
Yes or no.

olevetonahill
4/27/2013, 05:30 PM
Prolly NOT

Sooner74
4/27/2013, 05:30 PM
That's like asking whether they would have liked more money or not. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Soonerjeepman
4/27/2013, 05:32 PM
at least stills has gotten picked...TJ must feel like that fat kid in the park. I respect his decision, but ya got think he has some 2nd guessing going on.

I didn't pay much attention to when they declared, etc...was there someone in his ear saying he was a sure 2/3 rnd pick?

The other thread asked if can come back if he wants, I'm pretty sure he hasn't gone to class this semester, so even if he could I doubt he's eligible or could be by the fall.

Soonerfan88
4/27/2013, 05:33 PM
No

But I'm not living their life and they may have a different perspective.

MojoRisen
4/27/2013, 06:27 PM
I am pretty surprised so many saftey's went ahead of TJ - that kid from Notre Dame ran a 4.8 Forty..

Okie35
4/27/2013, 06:27 PM
Stills is still up for debate but its looking good. Yea, he could've probably gotten drafted higher if he stayed.... but he went to the Saints. He's in a good position to produce. Tony Jefferson didn't... at least for now.

SoonerMarkVA
4/27/2013, 06:41 PM
Absolutely, positively no; and probably no.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/27/2013, 06:49 PM
I am pretty surprised so many saftey's went ahead of TJ - that kid from Notre Dame ran a 4.8 Forty..

He also had a reputation of being a good tackler :(

badger
4/27/2013, 08:19 PM
So, did Jefferson and Stills make good decisions?

Probably not a fair question. It's also not a question that has a good answer today.

Tons of undrafted/low round draftees go on to having successful NFL careers (including the beforementioned Chrissy Sims SI cover sacker). And many don't.

Ask this question again in September. Today wasn't a good day for either, but it's also not the end of the line for their football prospects by any means.

JLEW1818
4/28/2013, 12:54 PM
The last underclassman that I saw leave early and not get drafted was Jevon Snead.

rock on sooner
4/28/2013, 03:36 PM
If Stills can get on Brees' good side and busts his hump EARLY in
camp, then I think he'll stick with the Saints. Don't know enough
about Cardinals' secondary...someone said it wasn't good...but TJ
needs to stand out early and get through the first round of cuts,
which will help his confidence. But, to answer the thread's question,
at the time, I felt "no, it wasn't the right move for either of them."
Stoops is usually straight with his players, so maybe he thought
they should go, for whatever reason.

EatLeadCommie
4/28/2013, 04:00 PM
I think it's safe to say that TJ did not make the right choice. I'm shocked he wasn't drafted, though.

StoopTroup
4/28/2013, 05:44 PM
It's not the end for TJ I bet. He hopefully will get himself a guy to help keep him in shape and turn heads when he tries to walk on. I'd fire my agent immediately though

Aries
4/28/2013, 06:21 PM
The other thread asked if can come back if he wants, I'm pretty sure he hasn't gone to class this semester, so even if he could I doubt he's eligible or could be by the fall.

Once you declare for the NFL draft your NCAA eligibility is over.

VA Sooner
4/28/2013, 09:32 PM
Stills was projected for around the 4th to 5th round and TJ for the sixth or seventh round. I think another year would have served TJ well but it's all hindsight now.

Best for him to get signed and prove his worth by working hard and playing hard.

stoopified
4/29/2013, 06:11 AM
No

swardboy
4/29/2013, 06:25 AM
TJ signed on with Arizona. I thought the Rams might take a chance on him with their need for an outside linebacker/safety type of guy, but I guess Ogletree was enough.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/29/2013, 08:56 AM
It's water under the bridge.

goingoneight
4/29/2013, 09:43 AM
If they didn't want to play college ball anymore, they made the right decision. Period. Do you want the kind of effort for another year they gave in the Cotton Bowl?

Ruf/Nek7
4/29/2013, 09:47 AM
No for both but it worked out for Stills and TJ now has to battle to stay on a roster that is loaded with safeties.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/29/2013, 10:23 AM
Once you declare for the NFL draft your NCAA eligibility is over.

This isn't technically correct (see Randolph Morris).

The key points:

Not signed with an agent
Undrafted Free Agent
Sit out 2-3 games

Mjcpr
4/29/2013, 12:31 PM
No for both but it worked out for Stills and TJ now has to battle to stay on a roster that is loaded with safeties.

If that's the case, then he made two bad choices, one by declaring early for the draft and two by choosing a team to sign with that is loaded with safeties.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/29/2013, 01:00 PM
Stills really is in a good position down here. With Devery Henderson gone, the Saints are looking at somebody to replace that deep threat. The only other guy on the roster that fits that mold is Joe Morgan who is all of 5 foot nothing and 170 lbs and not really the jitterbug that Tavon Austin is.

He needs to come in and work hard and keep his nose clean though. Brees isn't going to throw it to you unless you're there every day.

Scott D
4/29/2013, 03:24 PM
Stills really is in a good position down here. With Devery Henderson gone, the Saints are looking at somebody to replace that deep threat. The only other guy on the roster that fits that mold is Joe Morgan who is all of 5 foot nothing and 170 lbs and not really the jitterbug that Tavon Austin is.

He needs to come in and work hard and keep his nose clean though. Brees isn't going to throw it to you unless you're there every day.

plus with the exception of one of their WR, they're not getting any younger at the position.