PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame to play home game at Cowboys Stadium

Mazeppa
4/26/2013, 09:57 PM
Notre Dame to play home game at Cowboys Stadium
The Associated Press

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Notre Dame is going to get a preview of the stadium that will host the first championship game in the new College Football Playoff.
The Fighting Irish will host Arizona State at Cowboys Stadium on Oct. 5.
That game is part of the school's ''Shamrock Series'' in which Notre Dame, last season's BCS runner-up, plays home games in different parts of the country.
The Irish's game against Arizona State, a night game that will be part of NBC's package of Notre Dame games, will come a season before Cowboys Stadium is the site of the first title game under the new postseason system.
Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly is scheduled to be in North Texas next week to get a first-hand look at the stadium.

If we weren't playing TCU in Norman on that day I would think about going. "NOT"

HToady
4/27/2013, 08:43 AM
The TCU / LSU ticket at Jerry World cost almost as much as the entire TCU season ticket package.

Having a party in front of a a big TV with friends and drinks (not $10 each), and not lining Jerry's pockets is the way to go.

rock on sooner
4/27/2013, 09:27 AM
Sure don't understand all the Domer hugs and kisses!

yermom
4/27/2013, 09:44 AM
would have made things a lot easier if that was a slightly earlier game ;)

yermom
4/27/2013, 09:46 AM
and when was Cowboys stadium included in the post season officially? i remember rumors...

starclassic tama
4/27/2013, 12:32 PM
i really cannot stand notre dame. please re-read that sentence.

That game is part of the school's ''Shamrock Series'' in which Notre Dame, last season's BCS runner-up, plays home games in different parts of the country.

the whole nation should be honored and privileged that the irish would actually consider showing their face in their part of the country. what an honor. i was so glad to see alabama drop the hammer on them.

sooneron
4/29/2013, 09:52 AM
I loathe neuter damn. Kelly is about to learn that he hit the ceiling there last year. Their entrance requirements will ensure that they get a beatdown every year to a more athletic team.

Mazeppa
5/2/2013, 09:14 PM
How they gonna keep all those revenue-producing premium butts in the stands with this "Shamrock Series" playing home games on the road stuff?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/notre-dame-looks-adding-football-182151216--ncaaf.html

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/3/2013, 12:56 AM
the whole nation should be honored and privileged that the irish would actually consider showing their face in their part of the country. what an honor. i was so glad to see alabama drop the hammer on them.they the bomb, ain't they?

5/3/2013, 12:59 AM
How they gonna keep all those revenue-producing premium butts in the stands with this "Shamrock Series" playing home games on the road stuff?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/notre-dame-looks-adding-football-182151216--ncaaf.htmlthey be the NY Yankees of college football. you either love 'em or like most Sooner fans, hate their pompous asses, and would enjoy a win over them as much as beating anyone in the entire country.

yermom
5/3/2013, 01:42 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/notre-dame-looks-adding-football-182151216--ncaaf.html

we seem to do okay losing a home game every other year

swardboy
5/3/2013, 07:11 AM
Go Wildcats!

badger
5/3/2013, 08:23 AM
The TCU / LSU ticket at Jerry World cost almost as much as the entire TCU season ticket package.

Having a party in front of a a big TV with friends and drinks (not $10 each), and not lining Jerry's pockets is the way to go.

Well toad, you'll likely not have many opportunities to face LSU so close to home again, so that puts the price at a premium. Plus, Jerry knows that there's a lot of LSU fans that'll travel to Dallas for the game.

I hope you all have a good contingent there, but rest assured that if you don't, nobody will notice (purple on purple)

5/3/2013, 01:33 PM
Go Wildcats!Which ones?

Sabanball
5/3/2013, 07:25 PM
This just doesn't make sense to me. I think SEC teams that play in Jerryworld stand to benefit due to proximity, but where's the upside for ND?

BTW, Alabama says hello, Coach Kelly.