PDA

View Full Version : College Football Playoff

Mazeppa
4/23/2013, 08:01 PM
“College Football Playoff” is name of college football’s new postseason; let’s hope games are more exciting than name
By Frank Schwab

(USA Today Sports Images)"College Football Playoff," huh? That's the best you guys could do?
The much anticipated announcement of the new college football playoff postseason system (and again, at only four teams it's not really a "playoff" as much as it is "College Football Slightly Better Than The Old Way" or "College Football Making Sure The Money Stays With A Few Conferences") was a dud. AP and ESPN reported that the new name is "College Football Playoff." Yawn.
I guess that's better than coming up with a dumb name that will be mocked until it is changed, but not much.
Surely there will be informal nicknames that emerge, because "College Football Playoff" is not going to roll off the tongue. Neither does "CFP," really. It's almost like the conference commissioners tried to come up with the dullest name they could. They succeeded in that.
The conference commissioners are meeting this week in Pasadena to also determine the rest of the semifinal sites and where the first title game will take place in January 2015. The Rose, Orange and Sugar bowls have been selected as semifinal sites.
There will be a lot of excitement for this new system, after the BCS was panned for years. The three playoff games better be better than the name.

It's a lot better than that fbs fcs bull sh##

sooner KB
4/23/2013, 09:11 PM
I don't get it. The college football playoffs need a creative name? Something other than "College Football Playoff", exactly what it is? The Doritos College Football Showdown or something?

Soonerfan88
4/23/2013, 10:31 PM
I think he wants something stupid like the January Jumparound to be like March Madness.

ouwasp
4/23/2013, 10:40 PM
I'm okay w/ the generic name, we might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Soon they'll have all sorts of names hooked onto it; The Bear Bryant/ Knute Rockne/ Darrel Royal/ Bud Wilkinson (this would be okay)/ Woody Hayes/ Joe Paterno (well, probably not) Memorial College Football Playoff Championship Series sponsored by Red China and the Saudi Royal Family...

I just wish it had 8 teams involved. More likely to have my Sooners in it.

swardboy
4/24/2013, 07:15 AM
the SEC Championship Game?

<ducks>

Mazeppa
4/24/2013, 08:02 PM
These logos are not very good.

http://i36.tinypic.com/j9wocg.jpg

Harris County Sooner
4/26/2013, 05:54 PM
Why not just College Bowl and get General Electric to sponsor it?