PDA

View Full Version : "Hammer" Ronnell Lewis arrest in Campus Corner altercation

badger
4/23/2013, 02:41 PM
Dammit (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Former_Sooner_current_Detroit_Lion_Ronnell_Lewis_a rrested/20130423_92_forme_72600?subj=298)

Just one offseason, I'd love for our offseason talk to be limited to NFL Draftees, anticipation for the new season and Relay for Life participants inspiring everyone.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/23/2013, 02:43 PM
Hey Vet, it's a Tulsa World link. YWIA ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/23/2013, 02:43 PM
Without even reading the article, do we know if he's employed? Is he on the roster of any sports team?

badger
4/23/2013, 02:44 PM
Without even reading the article, do we know if he's employed? Is he on the roster of any sports team?

He played mostly on special teams for Detroit last year. He was 4th round draft pick. This, along with not having made tons of noise last season, does not bode well for him retaining a main roster spot.

olevetonahill
4/23/2013, 03:02 PM
Hey Vet, it's a Tulsa World link. YWIA ;)

Thanks fer that Info.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/23/2013, 03:24 PM
He played mostly on special teams for Detroit last year. He was 4th round draft pick. This, along with not having made tons of noise last season, does not bode well for him retaining a main roster spot.so sad. He had his chance, but threw it away. (Assuming he's guilty)

badger
4/23/2013, 03:36 PM
so sad. He had his chance, but threw it away. (Assuming he's guilty)

I don't remember the specifics, but he had off-field trouble that put him in Stoops' doghouse that culminated in him not being eligible for his final bowl game as a Sooner. All that after Coach Stoops even game him a nickname. Wow, Bob must have felt like he got punched in the gut for that.

Here's a guy who didn't play 11-man football in high school, had off-field issues in college and then was not a high draft pick in the NFL who playing sparingly his rookie year... and he gets himself into this situation?

The NFL scissors are going to do some cutting... and they might not wait till preseason games for "The Hammer" :(

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/23/2013, 04:01 PM
I wonder if Herve was named after tattoo

picasso
4/23/2013, 05:45 PM
Bar fight. Big yawn.

MichiganSooner
4/23/2013, 07:44 PM
Bar fight. Big yawn.

And he plays for the Lions. Two big yawns.

yermom
4/23/2013, 08:49 PM
disturbing the peace, public intoxication and resisting arrest

talk about a non-story.

nighttrain12
4/24/2013, 10:35 AM
Police had to use a taser on him. Did he even feel it?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lions-ronnell-lewis-arrested-oklahoma-215619669--nfl.html

birddog
4/24/2013, 03:16 PM
with all the problems the Leons have faced (arrests, suh, weed, dui's) this may be a big blow for the hammer. he played one snap last year and then goes thru this bs. maybe he should jump back on that horse and get back to the simpler life. titus young and about 15 other players will need to find new jobs real soon.

Moore
4/25/2013, 02:27 AM
This won't hurt him fellas

Scott D
4/25/2013, 10:59 AM
speculation is that he'll be released. but, people have used the amari spivey argument against releasing him.

badger
4/25/2013, 12:47 PM
He'll need to be a model citizen AND have a really good explanation for the team to keep him after this. I know it's just a bar fight, just a public intoxication, just a blah blah, but it's not like he was a franchise player. NFL special teamers are a dime a dozen and colleges churn out new ones for the pros every year.

I really hope Hammer lands on his feet, but this is not good offseason news for his pro prospects next year, when he was probably a tweener to make the final roster in the first place

sooneron
4/25/2013, 01:44 PM
It's the NFL, the front office is happy that he didn't Roethlisberger any girls on the way out. Production or, lack thereof, is what will get him released. Oh what could have been.

VA Sooner
4/26/2013, 08:36 PM
Another year at OU would have helped him (and us). But couldn't keep the grades up...

nighttrain12
4/27/2013, 09:08 PM
https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson (he's a sports reporter)

Anwar Richardson
‏@AnwarRichardson

#Lions GM Martin Mayhew said Ronnell Lewis came into his office after the arrest. Mayhew respected it, but disapproved of his actions

CatfishSooner
4/28/2013, 12:00 AM
Nobody on here knows any of the details of why he got in a fight, if that truly is what even happened. I'll reserve judgment until i hear the whole story...

olevetonahill
4/28/2013, 02:43 AM
Nobody on here knows any of the details of why he got in a fight, if that truly is what even happened. I'll reserve judgment until i hear the whole story...

Yup. but its been my experience that ya get in bar fights and argue with the Cops that late at night cause ya been drankin too much.

Lott's Bandana
4/28/2013, 11:21 AM

AD approves this message.

nighttrain12
4/28/2013, 06:41 PM

Just getting arrested is the problem though. There's enough details in the news stories to where he should have walked away but didn't.

rock on sooner
4/28/2013, 09:09 PM
Yup. but its been my experience that ya get in bar fights and argue with the Cops that late at night cause ya been drankin too much.

Now Vet, is it drankin too much er tellin popos theyre dumber
than rocks. I can member times when cops had been drankin
moren me...onliest problem there wuz they had a badge an
I dint. Werent fair an I tolt em, too!

Scott D
4/29/2013, 03:20 PM

The question is that the Lions have allegedly gone to a "zero tolerance" policy after the issues that plagued last offseason into last season. That is why there was speculation that a rarely used substitute who played primarily on special teams could be released because of the incident.

badger
4/29/2013, 03:36 PM
The question is that the Lions have allegedly gone to a "zero tolerance" policy after the issues that plagued last offseason into last season. That is why there was speculation that a rarely used substitute who played primarily on special teams could be released because of the incident.

^^^this.

I would love Ronnell to be innocent. I would love for his name to be cleared, this expunged from his record and him to be seen as a shining beacon of light on and off the field.

The Lions' roster is about to explode to about 80 players, much like every other offseason roster. He's going to have a very tough road to make the final 53-man roster on Detroit's or anyone else's team.

Scott D
4/29/2013, 03:42 PM
What doesn't help him is that they brought in Jones from Seattle and spent their top 5 pick on Ziggy Ansah. They're rebuilding their DE position and he needs to step his game up a lot if he wants playing time. Otherwise it's likely he won't see anywhere near as much PT as a kick cover guy as Travis Lewis.