PDA

View Full Version : anyone tear their acl?

Soonerjeepman
4/21/2013, 11:42 PM
pretty sure I did mine tonight playing ball...the LAST frickin 2 minutes. It hurt like a som-bitch...

olevetonahill
4/21/2013, 11:57 PM
Ouch

Petro-Sooner
4/22/2013, 06:40 AM
Both of them. And a meniscus. I feel for ya man!! I don't wish that pain on anyone. Get it checked out.

Soonerjeepman
4/22/2013, 11:00 AM
just got back from doc..course HAD to see reg doc first...ugh. He says inside not outside, prob meniscus...did xray for any bone chip, negative. going to rest for a few days then MRI on Thurs if not better. Did say knee is still strong.

Still hurt like a sumbitch~ lol

Petro-Sooner
4/22/2013, 12:24 PM
Is it swollen?

Curly Bill
4/22/2013, 12:31 PM
Rub some dirt on it!

C&CDean
4/22/2013, 01:27 PM
WTF are you doing playing basketball? You're white, slow, and old.

StoopTroup
4/22/2013, 04:58 PM
Hey Jeepman. If it turns out not to be knee related it could have been an Achilles Tendon Rupture. I had that playing B Ball once. I could hear it snap and at 1st I thought I had hurt my knee.

Checkout this article....

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/ankle-achilles-shin-pain/total-rupture-achilles-tendon

Soonerjeepman
4/22/2013, 08:18 PM
not achillies, THANK GOD...yeah swollen. A bag of frozen veggies is better than dirt right now~

LOL, yes, old, slow and white...I was the token white guy on the team..playin a bunch of young dudes. We had 6 they had 9...we still only loss by 2 points and had the ball twice after front end misses under 8 seconds...I was out by then watching on the sidelines.

StoopTroup
4/23/2013, 06:40 PM
not achillies, THANK GOD...yeah swollen. A bag of frozen veggies is better than dirt right now~

LOL, yes, old, slow and white...I was the token white guy on the team..playin a bunch of young dudes. We had 6 they had 9...we still only loss by 2 points and had the ball twice after front end misses under 8 seconds...I was out by then watching on the sidelines.

That's cool. I've had both the ACL and the Achilles. I think the Achilles was from having my leg rebuilt in 1968. I got hit by a car and had a 25% tear in the Achilles and 90% of my foot torn off. I really feel for all these folks who had all these lower limb injuries in Boston. Many of them will have lots of rehab to deal with. I was lucky I didn't lose my leg and it healed after a skin graft and 1 1/2 years of rehab. After that I was able to learn to walk and even played football, Basketball and Tennis in 7th grade.

The tendon I broke is called the "Old Guy Tendon" by some Docs. It hurts like hell when it goes and you can hear the "SNAP!" when it breaks. I was trying to stop and get back on defense after scoring a lay up. When I put my foot down quick and hard, it snapped. I'll never forget it either.