PDA

View Full Version : navy commercial creed

Soonerjeepman
4/21/2013, 03:41 PM
Was watching the nba playoffs and the commercial came on...

2 things that stuck out to me...but me not being military just curious what those who were thought.

It has different folks stating different qualities..

#1 We will obey the orders of those appointed above me....

#2 Fair treatment of all...

They did add defending the constitution..

sooneriniowa
4/21/2013, 04:25 PM
Is that the one with the ghey colors behind them at the end?

ouwasp
4/21/2013, 05:15 PM
I get a little irritated with the "Global Force for Good" Navy commercial with James Earl Jones' pronouncements. The US Navy exists to kill people and break things. If that's being good, so be it. Selling the idea that the USN is the Peace Corps of the Seven Seas is spreading it on too thick.

sappstuf
4/22/2013, 12:52 AM
Was watching the nba playoffs and the commercial came on...

2 things that stuck out to me...but me not being military just curious what those who were thought.

It has different folks stating different qualities..

#1 We will obey the orders of those appointed above me....

#2 Fair treatment of all...

They did add defending the constitution..

Sounds like they were reciting the Sailor's Creed:

I am a United States Sailor.
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.
I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with Honor, Courage and Commitment.
I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

That last line has always sounded tacked on and out of place. Even the military is not immune to the PC forces...

sappstuf
4/22/2013, 01:14 AM
I get a little irritated with the "Global Force for Good" Navy commercial with James Earl Jones' pronouncements. The US Navy exists to kill people and break things. If that's being good, so be it. Selling the idea that the USN is the Peace Corps of the Seven Seas is spreading it on too thick.

I think what they are selling in those commercials is, for example, the fact that when we are keeping Iran in its place and oil flowing out of the gulf, that is a "global force for good". If Iran was allowed to interrupt the oil supply for any amount of time, the global economy would come crashing down. It is all preception, I guess

I do agree we exist to kill people and break things, but right now we have standing orders not to fire on anyone except Greenpeace... ;)

Soonerjeepman
4/22/2013, 11:06 AM
Sounds like they were reciting the Sailor's Creed:

That last line has always sounded tacked on and out of place. Even the military is not immune to the PC forces...

lol, that was my thought...the last line.

Curly Bill
4/22/2013, 11:10 AM
There are few organizations that are more PC than the military. The rank and file may be rough around the edges compared to some civilian organizations, but as a matter of policy the military is PC out the ying-yang.

StoopTroup
4/22/2013, 01:31 PM
I love the Military and have nothing bad to say about them. What's good about them is that eventually they get rid of all the losers and repatriate the ranks. I've always thought 4 years in would really do SicEm some good. Nothing wrong with a little discipline. Maybe after he will finish his degree.

Soonerjeepman
4/22/2013, 02:49 PM
lol...nice.

C&CDean
4/22/2013, 03:15 PM
I saw the commercial about the Navy switching to powdered soap. Anybody else catch it?

KantoSooner
4/22/2013, 03:34 PM
I never thought of the 'global force for good' thing as saying anything about their goals or ethics, but rather their staying power. 'For Good' as in 'Forever'.
Kind of like, 'We're here, off your shores, Dickweeds, and we're not going anywhere. Get used to it."