PDA

View Full Version : Wonder how many people called in the ID on those terrorist bros?

ouwasp
4/21/2013, 01:09 PM
When I saw the clear quality of the pics that were distributed by the FBI, I figured it was a matter of hours. But then I saw several interviews w/ folks that knew the 19 yr old, and thought the perp looked like him, but did NOT call, because it just "couldn't" be the guy they knew.

Did I hear correctly that none of the family called them in? I just wonder who, and how many did? I don't really need to know the who, but am curious about the how many.

XingTheRubicon
4/21/2013, 05:20 PM
The family shouldn't call them in.

ouwasp
4/21/2013, 09:05 PM
I guarantee, if my brother is ever on tape committing a crime, I'm calling in... if for no other reason, the guy looks a lot like me, and I want to make sure they catch the correct perp!

Soonerjeepman
4/21/2013, 11:46 PM
why would the family not call in? I know they haven't had a trial or even gotten to tell "their - his now" side of the story but pretty incriminating when ya have a shoot out and throw handmade grenades at the cops. True this was AFTER they were id'd...kind of but still if my family was wanted for questioning I'd def do something.

SoonerInFortSmith
4/22/2013, 12:24 AM
If I had a relative with a warrant out for failure to pay a fine or something big deal. I wouldn't concern myself. But these guys were wanted for questioning concerning the murder of 3 people. I would turn in my brother, mother, father for that. I would also urge said relative to report to the nearest police station. If you wouldn't turn in a relative for murder there is something wrong with you.

badger
4/22/2013, 08:28 AM
I bet the uncle called him in, based on his livid public reaction the day after the photo release happened.

Soonerjeepman
4/22/2013, 11:09 AM
guess the kid TRIED killing himself?...shot in the neck..hmmm, not a good shot?

jkjsooner
4/22/2013, 12:52 PM
The family shouldn't call them in.

I'm curious why you said "shouldn't" as if it would be morally wrong to do so. I can understand saying you wouldn't or it would be hard or something...

Not only did these guys commit a very serious crime but they also posed an ongoing threat. I think in that case you should turn anyone in - your wife, mother, child, whatever.

Not trying to attack you. Just discussin'.

XingTheRubicon
4/23/2013, 08:04 AM
I'm curious why you said "shouldn't" as if it would be morally wrong to do so. I can understand saying you wouldn't or it would be hard or something...

Not only did these guys commit a very serious crime but they also posed an ongoing threat. I think in that case you should turn anyone in - your wife, mother, child, whatever.

Not trying to attack you. Just discussin'.

I probably shouldn't have phrased it that way. Mainly, I wouldn't turn in family...what other people do is their own deal.

I guess I'm kind of a G. Gordon Liddy type loyalist when it comes to family. The point at which I betray my brother or wife so the police can shoot them in the face "for the greater good" is set at pretty much never.

OU_Sooners75
4/23/2013, 04:06 PM
Dependent on the situation of the crime for me.

Any violent crime, I would likely turn in a family member. IMO, telling the authorities where one is, or might be, is not implying they are guilty.