PDA

View Full Version : wow...media blackout of abortion doc trial...

Soonerjeepman
4/18/2013, 02:23 PM
ok justify THIS...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/58-horrific-details-from-the-gosnell-trial-that-you-do-not-want-to-read/article/2527524?custom_click=rss

OU68
4/18/2013, 02:35 PM
Move on, nothing to see here - we have new gun legislation to push. /sarcasm off.

KABOOKIE
4/18/2013, 02:37 PM
We fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. We speak for those without a voice.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/18/2013, 03:14 PM
Move on, nothing to see here - we have new gun legislation to push. /sarcasm off.yep, same old chit

Midtowner
4/18/2013, 09:01 PM
It's all over the media.

Soonerjeepman
4/19/2013, 07:12 AM
I haven't heard anything here in KC...

Midtowner
4/19/2013, 07:33 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/18/4189501/pa-abortion-clinic-worker-i-saw.html#storylink=misearch

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/17/4187048/pa-abortion-trial-clerk-gave-anesthesia.html#storylink=misearch

Soonerjeepman
4/19/2013, 07:55 AM
haven't seen it on nightly or morning news for a month...just fyi.

But the point is to justify abortion. It seems we get a crackpot killing folks with guns and obama/libs/dems wants to control the guns...this crackpot is a horrible person killing alive baby's but not one word about ending abortion.

sappstuf
4/19/2013, 11:04 AM
The media isn't covering it because support for abortion hinges on the fetus being a blob of cells.

Stories like this can't be told because it becomes obvious that you are killing a baby even if it is is much younger than this:

“Did you ever see those babies move?” asked Prosecutor Joanne Pescatore.

“Yes, once in the toilet,” said Cross.

The baby “was like swimming,” she said. “Basically, trying to get out.”

Adrienne Moton, an employee at the clinic, then took the baby and snipped the back of its neck while its mother was still in the room.

Cross told the jury that when Shayquana Abrams came into the clinic in July 2008 she was pregnant, “and she was big.”

“That was the largest baby I ever saw,” Cross said.

When the baby was born alive, Abrams was sleeping. Cross said Dr. Gosnell took the baby boy, which she described as 12 to 18 inches long, and put him inside a plastic container the size of a shoebox.

“The baby was still breathing,” she said. “He didn’t cut the neck right there.”

The baby was too big for the plastic container, with his arms and legs hanging over the sides.

“The Doctor cut the back of the baby’s neck but didn’t do suction—normally Dr. Gosnell would do suction … to suck the brains out,” Cross said.

KantoSooner
4/19/2013, 11:48 AM
It's been in both the Tulsa World and Bartlesville Examiner Enterprise as well as on KJRH (Tulsa, chan 2), CNN and some channel I watched out of Fort Smith. I would assume that Eastern Okieland is not the only spot in the nation that's been covering this story.
The implication that this is being 'covered up' is utterly wrong.

KantoSooner
4/19/2013, 11:49 AM
NBC Nightly News has been following the story at least once a week for several months now.

yermom
4/19/2013, 11:52 AM
maybe i just hate women, but i have yet to hear a compelling argument for legalized abortion that isn't medically necessary.

of course, i believe in social safety nets, birth control and sex ed as well. somehow that is apparently a contradiction.

badger
4/19/2013, 12:42 PM
i hope the irony of coverage everywhere of a story not being covered is not lost on anyone :)

KABOOKIE
4/19/2013, 03:14 PM
maybe i just hate women, but i have yet to hear a compelling argument for legalized abortion that isn't medically necessary.

of course, i believe in social safety nets, birth control and sex ed as well. somehow that is apparently a contradiction.

Don't forget you're also a religous nut who thinks every sperm is sacred. :rolleyes:

Yeah, there's plenty of room to advance abortion restriction in the US without the loonie liberals screaming, "THEY'LL BE COAT HANGER ABORTIONS IN THE BACK ALLEY!!!"

badger
4/19/2013, 03:21 PM
every sperm is sacred.

Is there anyone out there that truly feels that way? There's like thousands of them per egg, right?

KABOOKIE
4/19/2013, 03:29 PM
Is there anyone out there that truly feels that way? There's like thousands of them per egg, right?

I honestly don't know. However, those that support abortion seem to think that's where the "religous right" wants to draw the line.

Me? I'd be OK if abortions were only performed in cases of rape, inscest and where the mother's life is truly in danger and only then if the fetus is less than 12 weeks. After 12 weeks for mother's whose life is truly at risk I would like to see c-sections with some attempt to save the fetus at all cost. I know between 12-23 weeks its all likely a given the child will not survive. However, at least try or make it more humane than drilling a hole in its head and sucking the brains out. Terrible.