PDA

View Full Version : UK columnist hammers Obama as "lame duck president"

badger
4/18/2013, 11:01 AM
Some of you may love this, some of you may hate this. (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100212724/barack-obama-cant-pass-gun-control-despite-90-per-cent-support-truly-he-is-a-lame-duck-president/)

4. Barack Obama is a lame-duck president. Nobody listens to what he says anymore, nobody is interested in winning his approval and nobody much cares if he thinks they have “let the country down”. This is typical for a second-term president who has lost all their leverage because they’re no longer running for office and everybody is patiently waiting for the day when he quits the White House. But Obama's difficult personality has doubled the size of the challenge. Gloating in victory, adolescent in defeat – the Prez doesn’t make it easy to work with him. Why should conservative senators give him a legislative victory after he has spent four years painting them as knuckle-dragging rednecks who hate women and the poor?

Whatever your position on gun control, yesterday’s events are a damning indictment of Obama’s presidency – a flash of style, lots of soaring rhetoric and, when the votes are actually counted, little show for any of it. America has four more years of this lame-duck president telling them that it has let him down. If only he could tear up the Constitution and rule by diktat he might save himself a little disappointment. Alas, American democracy is a stickler for rules.

Thoughts?

sappstuf
4/18/2013, 11:12 AM
I'm not sure he is a lame duck but he is a dumb duck for picking gun control as the first thing on his second term agenda.

Midtowner
4/18/2013, 12:14 PM
But when they are knuckle-dragging rednecks who hate women and the poor, what are you supposed to call them?

Bourbon St Sooner
4/18/2013, 12:46 PM
I love women that make a good sammich.

FaninAma
4/18/2013, 12:59 PM
But when they are knuckle-dragging rednecks who hate women and the poor, what are you supposed to call them?
This includes all gun owners and all who opposed Obama on this issue? Statement like this is why I no longer have any desire to carry on any type of civil discourse with liberals. They are hopelessly brainwashed, insulting, elitist idiots.

REDREX
4/18/2013, 01:17 PM
I like Sen Baucus comments on Obamacare---Max may have seen the light----------- http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/17/sen-max-baucus-health-law-heading-for-train-wreck/

TAFBSooner
4/18/2013, 01:47 PM
This includes all gun owners and all who opposed Obama on this issue? Statement like this is why I no longer have any desire to carry on any type of civil discourse with liberals. They are hopelessly brainwashed, insulting, elitist idiots.

The article refers to conservative senators. Not gun owners or all people who opposed Obama. If they hate women and the poor, then I, too, think they are knuckle-draggers. They probably wouldn't cop to hating women, just to "loving them by knowing what's best for them." It's probably harder to deny hating the poor.

Both of you - how did you mix up women and the poor with the gun control issue?
Fan - "brainwashed, elitist idiots" is pretty insulting itself.

rock on sooner
4/18/2013, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure he is a lame duck but he is a dumb duck for picking gun control as the first thing on his second term agenda.

Newtown didn't really give him much choice...

XingTheRubicon
4/18/2013, 03:49 PM
Newtown didn't really give him much choice...

There's a Newtown in Chicago once per month...body count wise.

cleller
4/18/2013, 04:30 PM

Definition of "liberal" from a couple of online dictionaries:

Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

Open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.

marked by generosity

StoopTroup
4/18/2013, 06:08 PM
There's a Newtown in Chicago once per month...body count wise.

True but nobody gave a **** about them because they are Brainwashed, elitist Idiots. :wink:

NCSooner18
4/18/2013, 06:23 PM

Aggies?