PDA

View Full Version : Was traveling yesterday and woke up to see that we got swept in a DH by UALR?

hvhurricane
4/17/2013, 09:24 PM
Unbelievable. This is the fork in the road where SG's teams either pick it up or crawl in a hole and die. Lets hope it is the former.

C&CDean
4/18/2013, 08:53 AM
Unbelievable. This is the fork in the road where SG's teams either pick it up or crawl in a hole and die. Lets hope it is the former.

Yup. I was there. Pathetic. Our hitting is beyond anemic. Weak assed groundball and pop outs against a guy throwing 79mph.

On a semi upnote, John Clark (UALR 1st baseman) was pretty much raised in my house. I was proud of him and his team mates, and downright embarrassed for OU. We're pretty much sucking right now. Pitching is good enough to win pretty much every game, but the bats? Hor-****ing-rendous.

Soonerjeepman
4/18/2013, 04:08 PM
sounds like my son's hs team...except our pitching isn't great either~ ;-)

Sooner95
4/18/2013, 04:15 PM
Ugh, I saw this too WTF.. so much for that #11 ranking..we have to be better.

hvhurricane
4/18/2013, 09:49 PM
These loses dropped our RPI by 11, down to 33. We are the highest rated team in the Big 12, which says that all the teams in the conference, including us, played horrible NC schedules. OSU is at #105 this week in the RPI. Their intended non conference SOS, was #127. I thought ours was bad, which is at #51.

I understand if a FR is having a hard time hitting off speed pitches, but I am tired of seeing the senior captians, as C&C would say, get up to the plate during the Big 12 season and continually get fooled by off speed pitches, and hit weak *** ground balls and popups all night long. Somebody needs to step up and be a leader.

Anybody hear SG make any comments after the games?