PDA

View Full Version : weirdest thing your kid (or you) ever ate?

Soonerjeepman
4/16/2013, 03:52 PM
we were unloading logs and my 17 yr old son picks up a small earthworm...tells me there is more protein in this worm than an egg.

I tell him to eat it, course he says what does he get...I say you can drive my big-a$$ jeep to the baseball team movie. (he already is...lol) no go..

Sooo, I say $10 to spend at movie....

he brushed it off, opens up and drops it in his mouth...gags a little then swallows it.

LOL, what a DA~

any other stories?

KantoSooner
4/16/2013, 04:34 PM
They do fried roaches in Thailand. That's fairly gross.

Then there's the trusty old coddled whale semen.

Didn't we do this thread a while back?

GDC
4/16/2013, 09:45 PM
Fried agave worms in Mexico

StoopTroup
4/16/2013, 10:25 PM
We all chipped in at work and got $50 up if this guy would eat the blackened Popcorn Ball that was left in the microwave after someone cooked a bag of Popcorn for 20 minutes instead of 2.

He ate it and I still feel sick to my stomach just telling you about him finishing every delicious crumb. That PC Ball was about 5-6 inches in diameter....bigger than a softball. We did allow him to pick the sack pieces you could tell were the sack it came in off of the ball. The rest was the burnt orb of Popcorn and some sort of plastic smelling crap. :D

Soonerjeepman
4/17/2013, 01:14 PM
lol..not as bad as a fresh worm in my book...plus the $50!

badger
4/17/2013, 01:37 PM
Baby baj's grandparents had round, cloth coasters that were perfect for her pick up, carry off and put in her mouth.

She returns home where we have tougher material coaster (don't recall what it's called right now) so she picks it up, puts it in her mouth, and starts grinding her teeth on it.

Since then, the coasters at our house have been out of baby baj's reach.

C&CDean
4/17/2013, 02:50 PM
Not gross, but one of the stupidest things I ever did was grab a handful of chiletepin peppers (they're about pea size) at a party and throw them in my mouth and started chewing...

Instant larynx/throat paralyzation, projectile snot/tears, and I seriously couldn't even breathe for probably a minute or longer. Scared the **** outta me. When I finally caught a few breaths my ears started ringing like a bell. An hour (and several beers) later, I was still burning from my chin to my nose.

The closest experience to that was some kinda Scotch Bonnet Death Sauce I sprinkled on a tortilla chip. Same symptoms (throat paralyzed, couldn't breath, etc.) but it didn't last as long, and my ears didn't ring.

We do stupid ****, don't we?

olevetonahill
4/17/2013, 03:42 PM
Not gross, but one of the stupidest things I ever did was grab a handful of chiletepin peppers (they're about pea size) at a party and throw them in my mouth and started chewing...

Instant larynx/throat paralyzation, projectile snot/tears, and I seriously couldn't even breathe for probably a minute or longer. Scared the **** outta me. When I finally caught a few breaths my ears started ringing like a bell. An hour (and several beers) later, I was still burning from my chin to my nose.

The closest experience to that was some kinda Scotch Bonnet Death Sauce I sprinkled on a tortilla chip. Same symptoms (throat paralyzed, couldn't breath, etc.) but it didn't last as long, and my ears didn't ring.

We do stupid ****, don't we?

Whats this WE shat?

badger
4/17/2013, 04:00 PM
I once ate a poison berry from a decorative backyard plant. At least it was small.

One time my brother and I found a random acorn in the backyard. He openly wondered if he should eat it, and I, the younger sister and younger younger (I WAS VERY YOUNG!) younger, openly suggested back that squirrels eat acorns. We mentioned that he ate an acorn to mom and she immediately induced vomiting process on him to get it out

Breadburner
4/17/2013, 04:20 PM
A beaver that tasted like pennies.....

SoonerInFortSmith
4/17/2013, 04:21 PM
When my daughter learned to crawl she liked to get into the dog's dish.

One time at the lake I picked up a half empty can of soda from the picnic table and started chugging. Damned bee stung me in my throat on the way down. I was kinda worried about falling asleep that night but I survived.

olevetonahill
4/17/2013, 04:21 PM
I once ate a poison berry from a decorative backyard plant. At least it was small.

One time my brother and I found a random acorn in the backyard. He openly wondered if he should eat it, and I, the younger sister and younger younger (I WAS VERY YOUNG!) younger, openly suggested back that squirrels eat acorns. We mentioned that he ate an acorn to mom and she immediately induced vomiting process on him to get it out

You can eat acorns, They be some nasty assed shat, but they wont hurt ya.
Better if ya mash em and soak em a bit 1st.

C&CDean
4/17/2013, 04:29 PM

Sounds like the makin's of some mash to me.

badger
4/17/2013, 04:30 PM

I am 99 percent sure that it was an acorn, but it might have been something else (remember that I was a young idiot then that wouldn't be able to tell poison from non-poison with a Mr. Yuck green tongue face sticker)

olevetonahill
4/17/2013, 04:32 PM
Sounds like the makin's of some mash to me.

Heh

KantoSooner
4/17/2013, 04:46 PM
A beaver that tasted like pennies.....

I'm just hoping that you had personally fed those pennies to that beaver...

Breadburner
4/17/2013, 07:45 PM
I'm just hoping that you had personally fed those pennies to that beaver...

Of course....!!!

Soonerjeepman
4/18/2013, 09:13 AM
someone said eating beaver? (apologies in advance to Badge for the crudeness...)