PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone registered his pressure cooker yet, or insured it?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/16/2013, 03:32 PM
Might as well get in ahead of the legislation.

Curly Bill
4/17/2013, 07:35 AM
They should have made the finish line at Boston a Bomb Free zone. Obviously that was a terrible oversight on their part.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/17/2013, 08:06 AM
As long as we have open borders, pressure cookers will continue to be smuggled in.

SicEmBaylor
4/17/2013, 08:07 AM
As long as we have open borders, pressure cookers will continue to be smuggled in.

Another excellent reason to seal the border tighter than a woman's legs in a hotel room with me.

olevetonahill
4/17/2013, 08:14 AM
The local Police just did a Pressure Cooker Buy back deal. I got 20 bucks and a case of Natty fer mine.

Curly Bill
4/17/2013, 08:18 AM
I hear the Food Network is leading efforts to stall any legislation limiting our rights to own and use a pressure cooker.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/17/2013, 08:18 AM
We should e-verify every pressure cooker purchase to make sure the person buying it is not a terrorist or cooking school dropout.

XingTheRubicon
4/17/2013, 11:00 AM
Another excellent reason to seal the border tighter than a woman's legs in a hotel room with me.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5159/slwneof.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/slwneof.jpg/)

OU68
4/17/2013, 11:08 AM
heh

C&CDean
4/17/2013, 11:12 AM
You can have my pressure cooker when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

OU68
4/17/2013, 12:55 PM
When they outlaw pressure cookers, only criminals will have pressure cookers.

Soonerjeepman
4/17/2013, 12:56 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5159/slwneof.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/slwneof.jpg/)

nice...

Soonerjeepman
4/17/2013, 12:57 PM
are they going to limit the number of quarts that a pressure cooker can hold?

sappstuf
4/17/2013, 01:03 PM
Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American (http://www.salon.com/2013/04/16/lets_hope_the_boston_marathon_bomber_is_a_white_am erican/)

Nice.

Soonerjeepman
4/17/2013, 01:10 PM
the white dude is an idiot.....

maybe, just maybe it's because the MAJORITY of us "white guys" are NOT terrorist who bomb our own country. I TOTALLY disagree with obama and his jacked up policies and the dems who support him, BUT no way in hell I'd advocate bombing or killing anyone associated with that group.

Funny he didn't mentioned any left wing liberal gay terrorist group~

4/17/2013, 01:27 PM
The local Police just did a Pressure Cooker Buy back deal. I got 20 bucks and a case of Natty fer mine.I haven't yet heard about any pressure cooker destruction by the police. Maybe they don't have enough of them yet to do that. We prolly need more taxes, so they can at least make more public service commercials, and encourage the pressure cooker insurance mandate.

OU68
4/17/2013, 02:12 PM
Had to show my ID at ACE Hardware to buy nails...

4/17/2013, 02:26 PM
I hope for your sake that the nails weren't conspicuously long, and weaponish..

Bourbon St Sooner
4/17/2013, 03:49 PM
I always keep a safety lock on my pressure cooker to make sure it doesn't get out and commit any heinous acts.

4/17/2013, 03:57 PM
Someone I heard about had a walking, clicking and whirring, active gun once, so they had to command it shoot itself dead, 'fore it could kill at some designated gun-free place.

OU68
4/17/2013, 04:02 PM
I hope for your sake that the nails weren't conspicuously long, and weaponish..

They've had to pull all those black ones - guvment orders.

diverdog
4/17/2013, 04:58 PM
Maybe you guys should be talking about how the NRA stopped the use of taggants in explosives. You know the idea they were for before they were against it.

4/17/2013, 05:00 PM
Maybe you guys should be talking about how the NRA stopped the use of taggants in explosives. You know the idea they were for before they were against it.yeah, huh! Maybe!

okie52
4/17/2013, 05:16 PM

LOL

SoonerorLater
4/17/2013, 05:21 PM
We need tougher pressure cooker laws. Anybody who says different is just drinking the kool-aid of the NPCA (national pressure cooker association).

4/17/2013, 05:23 PM
We need tougher pressure cooker laws. Anybody who says different is just drinking the kool-aid of the NPCA (national pressure cooker association).They could outlaw public bombings, just to be safe.

SoonerProphet
4/17/2013, 05:52 PM
Yep, fear mongering and threat inflation, some folks eat that sh!t up.

SoonerorLater
4/17/2013, 06:08 PM
Sure guys make fun but really why does any individual need a 23 quart pressure cooker? I'm not trying to take away the honest citizens ability to can but a 10 quart cooker/canner should be enough for anybody. People that oppose tougher canning laws hate our children.

cleller
4/17/2013, 06:17 PM
Sure guys make fun but really why does any individual need a 23 quart pressure cooker? I'm not trying to take away the honest citizens ability to can but a 10 quart cooker/canner should be enough for anybody. People that oppose tougher canning laws hate our children.

Right on, brother. The pressure cooker makers are all hip to the danger, but addicted to the profits.

The pressure cooker lobby has their way with Congress.

4/17/2013, 06:21 PM
Look, if they just outlawed bombs OF ANY KIND, to be used as exploding things, especially in public places, then places like the Boston Marathon would be good-to-go. Even normal days in Boston would be safer.

BigTip
4/17/2013, 06:47 PM
I am okay with outlawing pressure cookers. If only one child's life is saved, it will be worth it.

4/17/2013, 06:59 PM
I am okay with outlawing pressure cookers. If only one child's life is saved, it will be worth it.Can peanut allergies kill? If so, that would be worth the government addressing.

BigTip
4/18/2013, 12:47 PM
Can peanut allergies kill? If so, that would be worth the government addressing.

I am okay with outlawing peanut butter. If only one child's life is saved, it will be worth it.

4/18/2013, 12:56 PM
I am okay with outlawing peanut butter. If only one child's life is saved, it will be worth it. Check. Hammers. Outlawing, registration or insurance?

BigTip
4/18/2013, 01:04 PM
" Let me introduce my new Czar of National Hammer Control...."
http://outandemployed.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/ap_obama_talking1_072909-thumb-400xauto-3581.jpg

BigTip
4/19/2013, 05:50 PM
This was a funny thread. It reaffirms my faith in humanity when y'all can create such good stuff.
I have shared this thread with several people.

4/20/2013, 02:33 AM
http://content.screencast.com/users/Fantomou/folders/Jing/media/4432a484-a1c0-4624-9e61-390e2abc492c/00000231.png

BigTip
4/20/2013, 12:08 PM
Rush's picture from above link. lol
http://content.screencast.com/users/Fantomou/folders/Jing/media/4432a484-a1c0-4624-9e61-390e2abc492c/00000231.png

sappstuf
4/20/2013, 02:05 PM
Rush's picture from above link. lol

We need culinary profiling..

4/20/2013, 02:09 PM
We need culinary profiling..Garage Sales/Yard Sales can yield disastrous results, as we now can plainly see. SOMETHING'S gotta be done, there!

JUST WHERE did those motivated maggots get their pressure cookers, anyway?

SoonerorLater
4/20/2013, 02:42 PM
Garage Sales/Yard Sales can yield disastrous results, as we now can plainly see. SOMETHING'S gotta be done, there!

JUST WHERE did those motivated maggots get their pressure cookers, anyway?

There are stories around here where I live of people just walking into Walmart, putting their money down and walking out with a Pressure Cooker/Canner. Somebody needs to do something about this. Families here are tired of living in fear.

4/20/2013, 02:50 PM
There are stories around here where I live of people just walking into Walmart, putting their money down and walking out with a Pressure Cooker/Canner. Somebody needs to do something about this. Families here are tired of living in fear.We need not be surprised at this, since the Walmart name is synonymous with greed, unfairness, capitalistic excess, anti-unionism, non-sophistication, ugliness, buying from China, undercutting less efficient retailers, even more hideousness, and NOW THIS! THE SHAME!

Something has to be done.

sappstuf
4/20/2013, 03:45 PM
http://4-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2013/04/404x279xAyers-Bomb-Control-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1CkIevJlMa.webp

SoonerorLater
5/1/2013, 11:23 AM
I should have known it was just a matter of time. A perfect example of why there should be stringent requirements for people to vote in this country.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/349166

Petro-Sooner
5/1/2013, 12:00 PM
My gawd people are ****ing dumb!

olevetonahill
5/1/2013, 12:08 PM
My gawd people are ****ing dumb!

Ya think? :unconscious: Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE-nY60dJLM

Midtowner
5/1/2013, 12:08 PM
In undergrad, I did a story where I followed some kids from the philosophy club around an Earth Day celebration as they circulated a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide. It went something like this:

Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide!

The Invisible Killer

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
may cause severe burns.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of styrofoam.
as a fire retardant.
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!
The Horror Must Be Stopped!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

It's Not Too Late!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous chemical. What you don't know can hurt you and others throughout the world. Send email to [email protected], or a SASE to:
Coalition to Ban DHMO
211 Pearl St.
Santa Cruz CA, 95060

cleller
5/1/2013, 01:19 PM
^^That stuff is addictive, too.

Petitions are a nuisance.

Soonerfan88
5/1/2013, 01:39 PM
Well, damn I've got dihydrogen monoxide on my desk right now. Should I call the CDC?

SCOUT
5/1/2013, 01:56 PM
In undergrad, I did a story where I followed some kids from the philosophy club around an Earth Day celebration as they circulated a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide. It went something like this:
That was funny when Penn and Teller did it on an episode of their Showtime show "Bull****"

Midtowner
5/1/2013, 02:03 PM
That was funny when Penn and Teller did it on an episode of their Showtime show "Bull****"

Yup. I was working for the school TV station at the time and had decided to do a package about Earth Day. I ended up covering this instead. Much more entertaining--watching supposedly (at least partially) college educated semi adults signed this petition without question. People are sheep.

5/1/2013, 03:17 PM
"WHAT do I need to sign?" "You just need to sign here, and stuff". (he then signs the petition)