PDA

View Full Version : Runningbacks, what is the prognosis?

SoonerLB
4/15/2013, 04:56 PM
How is the runningback situation looking? Didn't get a lot of info from spring game highlights, but saw some nice plays. It was fun to see Finch have that big TD run, but I still feel he is a situation type player and not a full time running back. It sure would be nice to have a good running attack, so what do you guys think about our chances, and who is going to carry the load?

cleller
4/15/2013, 05:07 PM
Well, we've got some good guys, Williams and Finch would be a good 1-2 punch, if Finch is actually now back in good graces with the coaches.
Alex Ross is supposed to be great, but injury prone. Brennan Clay? Tough to say. He's been steady, but not real flashy.

In the spring came Terrence Smith looked OK, but is a walk-on, I think. Don't know a thing about David Smith, the R-Fr we also saw alot of.

I'm hoping Ross emerges as a big producer, but hopes don't always come true.

Can you believe Finch is a senior?

King Crimson
4/15/2013, 05:58 PM
agree it's weird that Finch is a SR....but also agree never saw him as a full time, every down back kinda guy.

Cleller, what is your avatar...? at first i thought you were an ole miss fan.

rock on sooner
4/15/2013, 08:42 PM
agree it's weird that Finch is a SR....but also agree never saw him as a full time, every down back kinda guy.

Finch is NOT an every down back by any stretch...in the slot, yup and dangerous!
For running I'm hung up on Millard at tailback with Ripkowski blocking and Bell pulling
the trigger...not more than two-three times a game but, holy cow, 750 # of agile,
hostile and mobile going North-South at a high rate of speed...feel REALLY sorry
for opponent's D...(Nah, not really)....most downs. Williams, Ross, Smith, Olds (sp?).
Huge IF is the O-line...

cleller
4/15/2013, 08:52 PM

That's Colonel Rebel, all right. Since I've got ties to Mississippi, and Ole Miss caught so much attention this year over recruiting I stuck him up there on a whim. Besides, Col Rebel got a raw deal being forced out as mascot.