PDA

View Full Version : Spring game music thread

badger
4/15/2013, 08:22 AM
The low point for me was when Rashod Favors was down and they were playing "I wanna dance with somebody." They eventually stopped the music, but they never should have fired it up in the first place with trainers on the field.

If you were there, please vote --- good idea/bad idea to have stadium music 100 percent of the time that the band/announcer is not playing/talking?

This is regardless of what you thought of the music choice (I'll say it now --- I thought it was lame)

Pricetag
4/15/2013, 09:39 AM
I wasn't there, but I hated it, even on TV. If they're going to do that for the spring game, they should do it like Arena Football does. Start the music as soon as the play is over, but when they break the huddle and start moving to the line, cut it off.

starclassic tama
4/15/2013, 10:01 AM
the PA announcer seemed to take the day off as well. he rarely mentioned a defensive player, and with no names on the backs of the jerseys there were several players who i didn't recognize. and what was with him not introducing any of the former sooner NFL players at midfield? that was really awkward and stupid.

badger
4/15/2013, 10:19 AM
what was with him not introducing any of the former sooner NFL players at midfield?

A few years ago, they handed the microphone to the first guy in line and they introduced themselves, one by one. The crowd favorite was one of our early aught guys who said "We never lost to Texas" :mack:

PrideMom
4/15/2013, 10:24 AM
I always have my headset radio. I highly recommend it. Toby is great and Merv wil tell you who made, or who missed, plays. Sometimes people only follow the ball, but the line play is very important......

KantoSooner
4/15/2013, 11:09 AM
I thought the idea of music was good. If for no other reason than the guys need to be accustomed to distractions. If you are going to have music, however, it is good to remember that there are essentially two types of music in the world: there is 'Stones' and there is 'Not Stones'. One should always opt for 'Stones'. That is all.

Mazeppa
4/20/2013, 11:18 PM
Some of that stuff coming out of those speakers wasn't even music.

yermom
4/21/2013, 12:06 AM
the low point was Miley Cyrus

5noubus
4/21/2013, 10:06 AM
It seemed so forced/ It seems as though someone said make it loud and obnoxious I hope it's not a plan they follow during games