PDA

View Full Version : Headphones/Earbuds

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2013, 07:38 PM
What headphones and/or earbuds do you all use?

I have a pair of wireless Beats that I use at my computer, and a pair of Skullcandy 50/50's as my earbuds. The Beats were a hell of a lot more expensive than the 50'50's but in all honesty, I LOVE the audio quality of the 50/50's a lot better than I do the Beats. All things considered, I kind of wish I had bought a pair of Skullcandy Aviators instead of the Beats.

Al Gore
4/14/2013, 09:56 PM
Go Sennheiser and you will never go back!

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2013, 10:27 PM
Go Sennheiser and you will never go back!

I've heard that. I may very well eventually replace my Beats with Sennheiser.

hawaii 5-0
4/14/2013, 10:34 PM
I had some Sennheiser but the foam earpieces eventually corroded.

Bose noise cancelling and Skullcandy buds.

5-0

okiewaker
4/14/2013, 11:21 PM
I used the iPhone earbuds that came with it. They suck. I bought some skullcandy earbuds and they stayed in my ears when I jog. Good enuf for me.

aurorasooner
4/15/2013, 03:48 AM
got a couple of JVC Wireless and 1 set of AR (or Advent wireless I can't remember, they all work off the same transmitter). I've been trying to decide whether to get a new set to replace my 20 or 25 year old Pioneer headphones that I use at my computer or to just get new pads for them.
A friend gave me a good review on something call Monoprice DJ headphones (they're over-the-ear full size) he says are around 25 bucks. He says the sound is very good for $25 and they come with a long cord that has a mini-plug on one end and a mini-plug or full size phone plug on the other so if the cord shorts, you just buy a new cord for the cans. Anyone heard anything about them? I've purchased quite a bit of stuff from Monoprice but it's been mostly A/V hook-up stuff. I've been looking at both the AKGs and the Senns as well and also for a new headphone preamp.
btw, I've also heard some good things about the Bose headphones, but I just can't get myself to buy anything Bose. I've only owned one pair of Bose speakers and they totally sucked.

Lott's Bandana
4/15/2013, 09:04 AM
I bought a lower-end Sony noise-canceling headphone for fifty-ish in the Taipei airport duty-free, as I can't seem to keep buds in my ears...the dayum hairs keep pushing them out!

Anyway, they work well and I'm not afraid to lose or break them since I didn't pay $400+ for them.

Boomer.....
4/15/2013, 09:35 AM
I had some Skullcandy ones, but they just crapped out. I've had them a long time and they were well worth their money.

sooneron
4/15/2013, 12:17 PM
Shure 215s(?)

Breadburner
4/15/2013, 08:25 PM
Sol Republic....Enuff said.....

OklaPony
4/17/2013, 12:15 PM
Shure 215s(?)
This is what I get for not checking in at Soonerfans for a couple of weeks...

The 215's are Shure's entry level single driver offering and actually sound pretty good. The 315's are the next step up in singles. The 425's are the dual driver model which are quite stunning and 3 driver 535's are just ridiculous. I'm a Shure dealer and keep these in stock as well as some of the AKG headphones (AKG Pro, not consumer) so if anyone's interested I'll see if I can make it worthwhile.

Now for those of you that are willing to take a completely off the chart leap into in ear devices do a little search on Ultimate Ears. There's a lady down in Waco that travels all over doing custom ear fittings for these and some other high end stuff.

So if you truly want to get your ears on like a rock star, this is the stuff they're using. Oh yeah, be prepared for a bill that has 4 digits on the left side of the decimal point. :listening_headphone

C&CDean
4/17/2013, 03:00 PM
I've got some Bose noise cancelling phones, and some cheap Sony ones I wear when working out. All I can really offer is this:

Be careful with your ears. Years of going to see The Who, Grand Funk, Pink Floyd, Molly Hatchett, Foghat, and many, many others, shooting thousands of rounds from all manner of firearms, and finally wearing headphones while playing music at a concert-like volume have totalled my ears. If you wear headphones, try to keep the volume as low as you can stand it. Not being able to hear worth a **** pretty much sucks.

sooneron
4/19/2013, 03:01 PM
This is what I get for not checking in at Soonerfans for a couple of weeks...

The 215's are Shure's entry level single driver offering and actually sound pretty good. The 315's are the next step up in singles. The 425's are the dual driver model which are quite stunning and 3 driver 535's are just ridiculous. I'm a Shure dealer and keep these in stock as well as some of the AKG headphones (AKG Pro, not consumer) so if anyone's interested I'll see if I can make it worthwhile.

Now for those of you that are willing to take a completely off the chart leap into in ear devices do a little search on Ultimate Ears. There's a lady down in Waco that travels all over doing custom ear fittings for these and some other high end stuff.

So if you truly want to get your ears on like a rock star, this is the stuff they're using. Oh yeah, be prepared for a bill that has 4 digits on the left side of the decimal point. :listening_headphone
I've always been a fan of shure. The only reason why I got them was b/c I was O'Hare and had realized that my previous step up models had gone through the wash. SUCKS! I wasn't prepared to shell out MSRP on anything more than $125 bucks when if I had waited, I could have found something for cheaper on the innerwebs. Ultimate ears do sound good, but nothing is worth that price point, to me. At least not headphones. I also like Shure's return/repair policy.

baja okla
4/22/2013, 11:20 PM
I've got some Bose noise cancelling phones, and some cheap Sony ones I wear when working out. All I can really offer is this:

Be careful with your ears. Years of going to see The Who, Grand Funk, Pink Floyd, Molly Hatchett, Foghat, and many, many others, shooting thousands of rounds from all manner of firearms, and finally wearing headphones while playing music at a concert-like volume have totalled my ears. If you wear headphones, try to keep the volume as low as you can stand it. Not being able to hear worth a **** pretty much sucks.

Great choice in ear destroying activities. Your ears and my ears should hang out.