PDA

View Full Version : Alex Ross ?

panhandlesooner
4/14/2013, 03:05 PM
I may have missed it but does any know why Ross didn't play yesterday?

Ruf/Nek7
4/14/2013, 03:30 PM
Good question. I was wondering this myself. It seemed that Bob was being dure not to risk any injury for much good reason. If you had a cut on your finger, you were out.

Salt City Sooner
4/14/2013, 03:49 PM
pulled hammy is what I've heard.

cherokeebrewer
4/14/2013, 04:41 PM
With the way he was dancing on the sidelines, his hamstring might be a little tight, but it's not pulled.

OU_Sooners75
4/14/2013, 06:47 PM
Stoops said afterwards it was planned that quite a few didn't play. Millard, Ross, and Saunders among the few that didn't play for whatever reason.

Ruf/Nek7
4/14/2013, 08:50 PM
Saunders played I thought. #8 right? Colvin didn't play

8timechamps
4/14/2013, 10:39 PM
Ross is dealing with a sore ankle issue, so it was a better safe than sorry move. Saunders saw limited actions. Millard, Clay, and a couple other Seniors were held out because Stoops has said over the years, that he isn't big about getting seniors (that have played a lot of football at OU) in the spring game. So, there you have it.

FirstandGoal
4/14/2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the clarification on that 8TC, we were curious about this yesterday during the game and figured the main reason for some of the seniors not being there was because well.... they're seniors.
We noticed the absence of Ross and Millard, but totally missed that Clay was nowhere to be seen.

Salt City Sooner
4/15/2013, 12:55 AM
He definitely saw limited action, but Clay did play. In fact, he had the best run of the day.

KantoSooner
4/15/2013, 08:36 AM
Not seeing Ross was a disappointment, but he was in uni on the side lines and was effing around, dancing and shiite. Isn't badly hurt if at all.

8timechamps
4/15/2013, 01:56 PM
He definitely saw limited action, but Clay did play. In fact, he had the best run of the day.

Good catch, he did play (and had the longest run of the day). It was Millard that was held out. Stoops mentioned that Ross was "fine", just had a sore ankle.

8timechamps
4/15/2013, 01:57 PM
Not seeing Ross was a disappointment, but he was in uni on the side lines and was effing around, dancing and shiite. Isn't badly hurt if at all.

Agreed. I'm most interested in seeing Ross (out of all the new guys). Would like to have seen him in action.