PDA

View Full Version : Oh great another Tulsa city election year

badger
4/12/2013, 12:05 PM
We're having these ****ing things every year up here in T-town. I've already been robo-called AND real-person called!

Note the cheesy-sounding guitar background music... because we are not as cool as Detroit I guess:
L1aWDVSYvho

I'll post updates from T-town... because, you know, baj lives in T-town.

Midtowner
4/12/2013, 12:20 PM
Is it ironic that most of the video features buildings and items which are close to a century old and then brags about how much this mayor has accomplished?

Don't know a thing about this race, don't care at all, but I found that funny.

badger
4/12/2013, 12:36 PM
Kathy Taylor disabled comments on that video probably for that reason :)

There are three major candidates for mayor: Current mayor Dewey Bartlett, Previous mayor Kathy Taylor, and ex-city councilor Bill Christiansen.

If you are a staunch Democrat that will be dead before they vote for a Republican (technically this race is non-partisan now, but who are we kidding), you will vote for Kathy Taylor.

If you don't give a sh!t but still give a sh!t enough to vote, you'll vote for Dewey Bartlett.

If you hate Tulsa government and love to hate on it as often as possible, you've vote for the only one to not be mayor yet, Bill Christiansen.

In other words, this election is still very much up for grabs.

Oh, and a few councilors and sh!t are up for election too but meh

badger
4/15/2013, 12:07 PM
Another Tulsa mayor ad for ya... this one's from incumbent Dewey (Jr):
2rWpP8ce9YI

It reminds me of the tone of former Gov. Henry's re-election ads, that everything was a mess when he took over, but thanks to an improving economy and through no policies of his own, everything's now better!

... the credit might have gone elsewhere, I don't recall :D