PDA

View Full Version : Ahmad Thomas

8timechamps
4/11/2013, 09:25 PM
Hey all, been gone for a couple of weeks, so I haven't been doing a very good job of spring updates. Sorry. Hopefully (and unfortunately for some), I hope to be back posting 'regularly' in the next week or so.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you have found plenty of resources elsewhere to get your spring fix.

I figured Ahmad deserved his own thread. For those that don't know, Ahmad Thomas is a true freshman (early enrollee) from Miami. He was pretty highly recruited, but was kind of an "under the radar" guy for most Sooner fans. He didn't get the same hype as Hatari Byrd and L.J. Moore (also defensive backs) when he signed. However, there is early evidence that this kid is the "real deal".

From what I've heard, he has the potential to be an All-Conference/All-American type player. He's already (physically) on the college level for a safety, and apparently hit's like a truck. The better news is that he prides himself on his coverage ability.

He's also from that Miami 'inner city' school, in that he brings a presence of "nasty" when he's on the field (you could say "swagger", but I personally hate that word). Kind of a throw-back player from the Miami (the "U") days. Nasty, but not dirty.

If you haven't had a chance to see the kid, Google his name. I promise he doesn't look like a true freshman.

Thought I point him out...another player to watch in the spring game (he's #18).

TheUnnamedSooner
4/11/2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing this kid play.

PalmBeachSooner
4/12/2013, 01:39 PM
I'm really excited about seeing him play and I wouldn't be surprised if he a starter from day one.

goingoneight
4/12/2013, 02:13 PM
If these guys are anywhere near their hype, they should be able to at least share time with Gabe Lynn.

Ruf/Nek7
4/12/2013, 02:32 PM
All i have heard to this point is that Hatari Byrd would be the man at the vacant safety position. Hearing this is amazing. That means we will have two young guys who will absolutely push each other through competing for that spot. This can only end with good outcomes.

Fraggle145
4/12/2013, 09:41 PM
He's also from that Miami 'inner city' school, in that he brings a presence of "nasty" when he's on the field (you could say "swagger", but I personally hate that word). Kind of a throw-back player from the Miami (the "U") days. Nasty, but not dirty.

Havent had one of these since Torrance Marshall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ91SVKPC8

Fraggle145
4/12/2013, 09:43 PM
All i have heard to this point is that Hatari Byrd would be the man at the vacant safety position. Hearing this is amazing. That means we will have two young guys who will absolutely push each other through competing for that spot. This can only end with good outcomes.

Who is on the other side? Is it Gabe Lynn? *Please no*

Ruf/Nek7
4/13/2013, 11:53 AM
Who is on the other side? Is it Gabe Lynn? *Please no*

Unfortunately yes, Lynn. Either him or Hayes or possibly thomas and byrd both start.

Fraggle145
4/13/2013, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately yes, Lynn. Either him or Hayes or possibly thomas and byrd both start.

****. We are going to be seeing a lot of this this year then:

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/files/2012/09/M1X00063_9.jpg

I better prepare myself:

http://www.liquorlockerla.com/wp-content/uploads/Jameson-12-Year-Special-Reserve-Irish-Whiskey.jpg

VA Sooner
4/13/2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the update, 8. Missing out on a lot here on the east coast so any update is greatly appreciated.

picasso
4/13/2013, 06:04 PM
You guys need to read the Oklahoman more often . There's been plenty of press about this kid.

Petro-Sooner
4/13/2013, 07:05 PM
Ahmad Kabba