PDA

View Full Version : OSU is really serious about bball attendance

badger
4/11/2013, 02:42 PM
With the Cowboys coming off an NCAA Tournament appearance, season-ticket prices for most 300-level seats have dropped from $275 to $199 next year.

Via Tulsa World (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/OSU_lowers_prices_of_upper_level_basketball_season/20130411_234_0_STILLW43358)

Wonder if OU will follow suit?

badger
4/11/2013, 03:36 PM
Too bad they won't have a basketball team to watch (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Three_OSU_players_seek_evaluation_from_NBA_committ ee/20130411_93_0_Oklaho509258) :stunned:

Oklahoma State’s top three scorers from last season submitted paperwork this week requesting an evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee, coach Travis Ford said through a team spokesman Thursday afternoon.

tycat947
4/11/2013, 08:33 PM
They had one of their best seasons this year in quite a while and I'm sure Smart is gone period. I don't know if the reduced ticket prices will affect their attendance next year or not. If Smart and everyone supposed to return come back, then maybe. But I don't think it's going to help. It's still Stoolwater!

Boomer.....
4/12/2013, 09:12 AM
Via Tulsa World (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/OSU_lowers_prices_of_upper_level_basketball_season/20130411_234_0_STILLW43358)

Wonder if OU will follow suit?
We were offering a deal for $75 season tickets a few weeks ago. Do whatever it takes to get butts in the seats.

badger
4/12/2013, 09:45 AM
If gas wasn't so damn high and baby baj was older, I'd seriously consider attending more OU games. Could they just play in the Tulsa area more often for us people in Orange Aggy country instead? :D

I must credit the Pokes for this move that I didn't think they would make --- they lost at least 10 years worth of Poke alums with their dicking around on bball ticket prices during the past decade when teams weren't always that great (or even postseason bound each year) and endured a lot of quiet arenas and empty seats. Lost concessions, lost recruits, lost everything.

I know they wanna be football football, but they'll never be OU in football, so why not just be basketball kings like they used to be?

NMSooner'80
4/12/2013, 11:49 AM
I just wish that OU's attendance hadn't gone downhill dating back to the creation of the "donor program." I don't know the specifics of that, even though it was almost 30 years ago, but I heard some original LNC ticket holders lost their spots to morons who bought the tickets just to use 3-4 times a year for "business entertainment" and/or to give them to their Aggy/KU buddies.

badger
4/17/2013, 08:16 AM
Oh crud, not only are the tickets cheaper, but their three NBA prospects are reportedly announcing they are returning later today. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Sources_OSUs_Marcus_Smart_staying/20130417_93_B1_CUTLIN225279)

Oh well, we can still beat them in football, right?

...right??? :(

CowboyMRW
4/17/2013, 08:32 AM
O yea. Smart is coming back!!!

If we don't win the Big 12 next year and make a serious E8/F4 run next year, then Ford's time may be done. I really like the guy, but this is insane how much talent we will put on the floor.

badger
4/17/2013, 08:42 AM
Decided to keep your avatar/status/sig lines, eh? Well, I might regret them later, but maybe there'll be some n00b bozos you can fool later this offseason :D

When you say you don't like the guy, what don't you like about him? I live in Tulsa which might as well be Stillwater-East with all you Pokes poking around with your Posse stickers and orange yard flags, so I get to hear a lot about Coach Travvie. I have heard nothing that suggests that he is a jerk, or pompous, or unaccommodating to fans, or not a team player in the athletic department for other OSU sports promotion. In fact, I heard that after Kurt Budke et al died, he did a lot of tribute things for the womens team, including wearing that ugly orange blazer that Budke used to wear for the "Gooner game."

If the only thing that you don't like about him is that he doesn't win the Big 12, even Eddie had trouble doing that.

CowboyMRW
4/17/2013, 08:59 AM
Decided to keep your avatar/status/sig lines, eh? Well, I might regret them later, but maybe there'll be some n00b bozos you can fool later this offseason :D

When you say you don't like the guy, what don't you like about him? I live in Tulsa which might as well be Stillwater-East with all you Pokes poking around with your Posse stickers and orange yard flags, so I get to hear a lot about Coach Travvie. I have heard nothing that suggests that he is a jerk, or pompous, or unaccommodating to fans, or not a team player in the athletic department for other OSU sports promotion. In fact, I heard that after Kurt Budke et al died, he did a lot of tribute things for the womens team, including wearing that ugly orange blazer that Budke used to wear for the "Gooner game."

If the only thing that you don't like about him is that he doesn't win the Big 12, even Eddie had trouble doing that.

I think you misread what I said. I said I really like him. When I was in school, I camped out for basketball games. He would show up and talk to us and bring us pizzas and other things. He is a genuinely good guy. This season he was always in the Union talking to students getting them interested in the games and trying to get GIA back to where it used to be, which we did for the last 3 games of the year. (OU, KU, KSU)

As a coach, I think there are things he lacks but I thought that he coached pretty well this year in a lot of games. Next year, if he doesn't employ a full court press 80% of the game, I will be saddened as our team's strength is our athleticism and we should be able to fly up and down the court.

badger
4/17/2013, 09:24 AM
Yes I misread you, probably from year of OP.com lurking where they seem to want to tie him to the back of Bullet and drag him around Boonie Stadium after every touchdown (and you admittedly score many touchdowns, especially against savannah state).

I know some of your fellow Internet Pokes are just professional trolls, but you all could do much worse than Travis Ford.