PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Piven - Billy sims

picasso
4/10/2013, 03:25 PM
I was reading the April 5 edition of Entertainment magazine, they had a Q&A with Piven. He said his first autograph was a signed football by Billy Sims. Said he still has a Polaroid of them together with Sims' huge afro. His davorite childhood memory.

KantoSooner
4/10/2013, 03:59 PM
Billy Sims touched so many lives.

I am sure it is only time before he becomes a holy man and travels the land, bringing joy to the masses. (In his case, this will involve a limo with a built-in hot tub in place of a trunk and a service bar of 4-5 beers on tap, but still, he's gonna look righteous doing it.)

nighttrain12
4/10/2013, 10:04 PM
I haven't heard him yell Boomer in quite a few months.

yermom
4/11/2013, 05:49 AM
I yelled BOOMER at him before the 2008 national championship

sadly that was the best thing that happened that day

vtsooner21
4/12/2013, 07:32 AM
I have had the pleasure of speaking with Billy Sims twice..Once at Sooner Fan Fest before a game, and on a Sunday morning outside Memorial Stadium. I passed him as he was chatting up someone in a car. Both times Boomer and the obligatory Sooner could be heard by anyone within a block or so. I will never forget that smile and at-home feeling. Norman is very fortunate to have him as their good will ambassador. I'm grateful for what he gave us in his playing years, and also for what he does now. Would love to have some of that BBQ, maybe a few beers, and hear some of his stories..

BOOMER

SoonerAtKU
4/12/2013, 09:32 AM
Chuck Klosterman talks quite often about being a kid following OU football and loving Billy Sims.

BigTip
4/15/2013, 12:27 PM
I was reading the April 5 edition of Entertainment magazine, they had a Q&A with Piven. He said his first autograph was a signed football by Billy Sims. Said he still has a Polaroid of them together with Sims' huge afro. His davorite childhood memory.

From his bio: "Born in Manhattan and raised in Evanston, Illinois...Attended Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa."

Where and why did he get a Billy Sims autograph? A Lions fan maybe? Interesting.

Oh, and ...

BOOMER!

StoopTroup
4/18/2013, 07:31 PM
Billy has a wallet that says Bad Mother****er on it. :wink:

mojorisen2014
4/18/2013, 09:04 PM
^now thats some funny shat right there

MyT Oklahoma
4/18/2013, 10:28 PM
Got his autograph on a hat in 2006 and on a picture in 2010. Glad he's a Sooner.

P.S. And I also got to watch him play the first time I ever watched a game in Norman in 1978.