PDA

View Full Version : HEART 2013

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/8/2013, 12:49 AM
I saw them tonight here in PHX. It was an excellent show, and Ann's voice might be as strong as it's ever been. They sang every song I could think of that i wanted to hear, except "Love Alive". They ended the regular show with "Crazy on You", and came back for 2 encores. Both of the songs they sang for the encores kinda surprised me. 2 Led Zeppelin songs, but 2 of their IMO best. "Black Dog" and "Misty Morning Hop"(or is that "Over the Hills and Far Away"?

Ann is still muy porky, but sang like the star she is, and didn't do any politics, which pleased me, of course. Nancy has finally put on a little weight(for those who GAS), but that's expected when one is that age, I suppose.

It was at the Celebrity Theater, a circular venue, and the stage slowly rotates around. There really isn't a bad seat in the house. The only other time I have seen them perform was in Tulsa in the mid 80's, and I actually liked this show better, I think. of course, that was a long time ago.

4/8/2013, 02:37 PM
Anyone else seen them live in recent times? If so, pls. talk about it. thnx

Curly Bill
4/8/2013, 02:48 PM
Saw em back about 1990. This was when both of em looked most excellent!

This was right before the Black Crowes hit it big and they opened for Heart.

mojorisen2014
4/8/2013, 03:22 PM
Saw them 2 years ago at The Zoo and they were awesome. And I generally dont like female singers. I went because Cinderella was opening for them and Heart had my jaw on the floor.

4/8/2013, 03:59 PM
Dreamboat Annie DO HAVE some pipes!

Of course, great songs, and superb arrangements help a lot, too.

4/9/2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28M_TA0_Ij8

Jacie
4/9/2013, 07:07 PM
Does seeing Heart at the Texxas Jam circa late 70's (got that ticket stub but too lazy to go get it right now) count?

4/9/2013, 08:59 PM
I won't believe it til you produce that ticket...

yermom
4/9/2013, 09:08 PM
i saw them on some VH1 Classic concert thing for something a few years ago, and they were awesome. i'd love to see them live.

4/9/2013, 10:03 PM
i saw them on some VH1 Classic concert thing for something a few years ago, and they were awesome. i'd love to see them live.I'm sure glad i did. i almost didn't go, but sorta decided at the last minute. If they come in your area, go see them before Ann gets too big.

cleller
4/10/2013, 08:49 AM
Heart was very good until the original males got the boot/left/whatever back around 1980. After that they went along with the 80s.

Every time I had that song about walking thru the garden and planting a tree, I drove nails into their coffin.

4/10/2013, 12:32 PM
Heart was very good until the original males got the boot/left/whatever back around 1980. After that they went along with the 80s.

Every time I had that song about walking thru the garden and planting a tree, I drove nails into their coffin.Quite a while back, I heard a radio show that described the travails of the band. I don't remember all that was said, but there was stuff going on with Heart back then, and it did lead to an abandonment of creativity, as far as producing excellent new music. However, with super material(IMHO) in "Dreamboat Annie", "Little Queen", "Dog and Butterfly", and Bebe le Strange", they produced more than enough excellence for a great live show. The first 2 albums, especially.

stoopified
4/12/2013, 07:53 AM
Saw them 2 years ago at The Zoo and they were awesome. And I generally dont like female singers. I went because Cinderella was opening for them and Heart had my jaw on the floor.Wanted to go to that concert but the wife wouldn't go for it.I think she was afraid the roadies would haul me backstage for the girls to use me as a boy toy. :D