PDA

View Full Version : OU on Direct TV

KantoSooner
4/5/2013, 01:36 PM
I'm redoing my folks' teevee line up with Direct TV. Anyone know the minimum package I have to have on their plan in order to get all televised OU games? That's about the only thing they are adamant about.

EatLeadCommie
4/5/2013, 02:19 PM
Almost all of the OU games end up being on one of the network channels, ESPN, or the regional Fox Sports channels. Assuming they are in Oklahoma or Texas, they probably can stick with whatever package gives them that. It should be a pretty basic package.

EatLeadCommie
4/5/2013, 02:23 PM
looking at the DTV website, it looks like the Choice package will give them Fox Sports, while the Entertainment package does not.

SoonerMarkVA
4/5/2013, 02:58 PM
Haven't looked in a while, but in the day you wanted to make sure you had the Sports Pack. That gives you all the regional Fox networks. Then you may end up needing ESPN Game Plan; just depends on how they work that these days on the TV, since most of the games end up on either ABC in your region, or ESPN/2 out of your region. But not all, I don't think. Finally, any PPVs will be available as they are published, so DTV has that covered.

olevetonahill
4/5/2013, 03:17 PM
I have CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC Never missed a game
Like has been said the PPV game each year is usually not hard to find.

Scott D
4/5/2013, 03:27 PM
I have CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC Never missed a game
Like has been said the PPV game each year is usually not hard to find.

pretty much this, and the ppv game can gdiaf.

olevetonahill
4/5/2013, 04:25 PM
pretty much this, and the ppv game can gdiaf.

Heh, I buy it every year.aint much to spend to be able to watch a game. I remember the years when we could only see 2 er 3 a year. I aint missin any if I can help it.

Moore
4/6/2013, 07:32 AM
Bump

Whet
4/6/2013, 08:14 PM
I subscribe to the Sports Package for the games.

cleller
4/7/2013, 04:53 PM
I sure hope that someday we can get past the old model of dish and cable service, and get to some type of setup where you have far more control in picking whatever few channels you want, and dump the rest.

Or even purely ala carte, just pick the shows you want to see. If it weren't for football games, very few other things, I'd have no use for the dish.

Soonerjeepman
4/7/2013, 06:05 PM
DIRECT fox package is $12 dollars...is what they told me..

KantoSooner
4/8/2013, 08:28 AM
Thanks, all. The folks bill had gotten over $100 a month and since my grandfather died, no one watches much of anything other than OU football, so it seemed like an easy place to save some cash.

olevetonahill
4/8/2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks, all. The folks bill had gotten over $100 a month and since my grandfather died, no one watches much of anything other than OU football, so it seemed like an easy place to save some cash.
If they dont watch much, then just get the basic package and in the Fall add the Sports Pack. after Football cancel it .
I usually just have mine shut off completely after football. But have left it on the last few years. No clue why.

SoonerNomad
4/9/2013, 04:46 PM
My Dish TV (which we just signed up for to combine with our phone service) doesn't appear to have the Fox Sports Channels. I am hoping that is just temporary. I had Dish about four years ago and they had them then.

Scott D
4/9/2013, 06:22 PM
With the way things are going, it's quite possible that barring FCC intervention, Dish will become part of DirecTV anyway.

KantoSooner
4/10/2013, 08:33 AM
If they dont watch much, then just get the basic package and in the Fall add the Sports Pack. after Football cancel it .
I usually just have mine shut off completely after football. But have left it on the last few years. No clue why.

Exactly what our cable guy suggested. And it adds up: we'll save somewhere just north of $200 between now and August. Not life changing but enough to fund a couple of pretty decent bbqs.