PDA

View Full Version : Two Sooners on mid-year Baseball America All-America team

NMSooner'80
4/4/2013, 06:02 PM
http://www.baseballamerica.com...l-america-team/

That's Jon Gray (P) and Matt Oberste (DH).

BoomerJack
4/5/2013, 12:10 AM
I'm not surprised at this. Both of these young men have performed very well to date.

What does surprise me is the total lack of interest ( at least as to comments on this board) about the program. One of the latest polls has them ranked #10 in the country and they're leading the conference. Gray & Oberste are two of the best college players in the country. Hopefully the team will come through the next two series against U.T. and Baylor with at least a 4-2 record and hold onto first place in the conference.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
4/5/2013, 06:08 AM
I'm interested. But there is 0 coverage where I live. I did get to see 1 game on tv last season.

C&CDean
4/5/2013, 09:11 AM
I'm not surprised at this. Both of these young men have performed very well to date.

What does surprise me is the total lack of interest ( at least as to comments on this board) about the program. One of the latest polls has them ranked #10 in the country and they're leading the conference. Gray & Oberste are two of the best college players in the country. Hopefully the team will come through the next two series against U.T. and Baylor with at least a 4-2 record and hold onto first place in the conference.

I don't get the lack of interest either. Basketball is over, yet there's more traffic on the basketball board than here.

Both of these guys have played VERY well this season. Let's hope some of the other guys pick it up a bit, and please, for the love of Suonny, let's quit booting the ball around on defense.

SoonerInFortSmith
4/5/2013, 09:56 AM
Absolutely no excuse for college players to make many errors. The 11 and 12 year olds I coach can field a grounder and throw to first consistently. Is it a lack of concentration or what?

NMSooner'80
4/5/2013, 01:22 PM
Too bad the OU-UNM game wasn't out here this year. Oberste might have hit a homer than landed in Santa Fe, in this thin air out here. I did get to see Gray pitch out here in the Sunday game last year, but Oberste missed that series due to injury (and, OU did sweep the Lobos anyway; only time it happened them on a weekend series all season).