PDA

View Full Version : Born/Raised

SicEmBaylor
4/4/2013, 05:45 PM
Out of curiosity and boredom...

Where were you born and where were you raised?

olevetonahill
4/4/2013, 05:51 PM
Born in AZ, Raised in Cal. Moved to Oklahoma in 70 when I got out the Army

SicEmBaylor
4/4/2013, 06:06 PM
Born in AZ, Raised in Cal. Moved to Oklahoma in 70 when I got out the Army

What made you decide to move here?

SoonerInFortSmith
4/4/2013, 06:07 PM
Born and raised in Shawnee, OK. Moved to Fort Smith, AR in 2000.

olevetonahill
4/4/2013, 06:11 PM
What made you decide to move here?

My Moms family all lived in and around Eastern Ok. and western Ark. My folks moved here in 68 when I got Drafted. when I got out I stopped by for a 2 week visit and was headed back to Cal. Been the longest 2 weeks ever,:star:

I have a sister and a ton of nephews and nieces out there. You couldnt PAY me to have to live in that ignernt place again.

SicEmBaylor
4/4/2013, 06:30 PM
My Moms family all lived in and around Eastern Ok. and western Ark. My folks moved here in 68 when I got Drafted. when I got out I stopped by for a 2 week visit and was headed back to Cal. Been the longest 2 weeks ever,:star:

I have a sister and a ton of nephews and nieces out there. You couldnt PAY me to have to live in that ignernt place again.
Don't blame ya.

olevetonahill
4/4/2013, 06:32 PM
Don't blame ya.

There have been a few here that say since I was raised in Cal Im not realy an Okie. I say **** em. Im prolly more Okie redneck ****ing hillbilly than a lot of em put together.:eagerness:

cleller
4/4/2013, 06:37 PM
Born in Mississippi, raised in Oklahoma. Dad's side Mississippi, mom's family is all Okies.

Salt City Sooner
4/4/2013, 08:14 PM
Born in Wichita (& yeah, GO SHOCKS!) lived in Clearwater till 1st grade, moved up here in the winter of '72.

rock on sooner
4/4/2013, 08:20 PM
Born in Guthrie, raised around Ardmore area from age 5 til joining
the AF at 18 and I been everywhere since....

olevetonahill
4/4/2013, 08:23 PM
I was raised in a canebrake by an Ole mama lion
Give me a Heh, if you know what im referrin to.

rock on sooner
4/4/2013, 08:25 PM

Heh, what'd she give ya fer milk?

olevetonahill
4/4/2013, 08:27 PM
Heh, what'd she give ya fer milk?

Pantherpiss. Why you think the OVJ be so good.

Lott's Bandana
4/4/2013, 08:31 PM
Born at Seymour-Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, NC and raised all over the country as an AF brat, eventually matriculating from Norman HS.

Did the same thing to my kids too.

rock on sooner
4/4/2013, 08:38 PM
Pantherpiss. Why you think the OVJ be so good.

What I figgered. But since I aint never had OVJ, werent sure. Did find
some homegrown in Carter County when Ize a young'un, tho...

olevetonahill
4/4/2013, 08:42 PM
What I figgered. But since I aint never had OVJ, werent sure. Did find
some homegrown in Carter County when Ize a young'un, tho...

You really orta try to make the spring game next weekend.
Heard there might be some samplers handed out.

rock on sooner
4/4/2013, 08:45 PM
You really orta try to make the spring game next weekend.
Heard there might be some samplers handed out.

Love ta, 'cept got so much goin on here, caint git too fur from home.
I be thinkin of yall next Saturday...

okiewaker
4/4/2013, 08:52 PM
Born Hershey Pa. Moved every 2 yrs from age 7 to 17. Pops last duty stop was Ft Sill.

olevetonahill
4/4/2013, 09:04 PM
Love ta, 'cept got so much goin on here, caint git too fur from home.
I be thinkin of yall next Saturday...

Ya havta try to make a game this year tho. so we can meet, Yer one of the few Libs that make sense and aint batshat crazy.

olevetonahill
4/4/2013, 09:05 PM
Born Hershey Pa. Moved every 2 yrs from age 7 to 17. Pops last duty stop was Ft Sill.

Well that explains why yer a dayum nut, But what the hell happened to yer face?

sooneron
4/4/2013, 09:22 PM
Born in Norman (Parent's met @ OU)
Moved to Austin when I was 3 or 4
Moved to Houston when I was 6
Moved back to Norman when I was 11
The rest... as they say, is history.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/4/2013, 09:25 PM
Sooner born and Sooner bred.

Fraggle145
4/4/2013, 09:30 PM
Born in Tulsa, raised in Owasso. Parents are both yankees from NY. But, I've lived in Norman for almost half of life on and off.

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2013, 09:35 PM
Born in Pauls Valley, raised in Wayne/Blanchard..

SicEmBaylor
4/4/2013, 09:58 PM
Born in Largo, FL and raised in Ft. Gibson.
Lived in Waco about 10 years, lived in Vicksburg for one year, and back in the Muskogee area now.

oudanny
4/5/2013, 08:28 AM
Born and raised in Tulsa. Live in Broken Arrow now.

C&CDean
4/5/2013, 09:04 AM
Born in Colorado Springs.
Raised in France and then Tucson, AZ, for the formative years.
Came to Norman for job in 1991.
Live in the country east of Lexington.

yermom
4/5/2013, 09:36 AM
born in Tulsa, started school in Turley, moved back to Tulsa until high school, graduated from Owasso, then moved to Norman for college

been here now longer than anywhere else

OU68
4/5/2013, 10:36 AM
Born Stella, Mo - raised in Tulsa through HS, then to OU - then all over with the oil companies.

KantoSooner
4/5/2013, 10:43 AM
born in Duncan, then lived all around eastern US (moved every 2 years). OK, MO, IL, KY, VA, then Nigeria and Japan. Back to college in MA, then OU.
NY, MN, CO, Japan and Malaysia until finally moving back here in 2008.

SicEmBaylor
4/6/2013, 03:25 AM
It looks like a lot of you had pretty transient childhoods. I'm guessing a lot of you are military brats.

Jacie
4/6/2013, 09:45 AM
Kanto, never suspected you to be from Duncan. My mom's family were Duncanites (daddy snunk over from Marlow). Spent a lot of my young life in Duncan, over on Beech Street.

Flagstaffsooner
4/6/2013, 10:05 AM
OKC born and raised.
Fell in love with Flagstaff, AZ as a child.
Lived in AZ the last 20 years.

normanx
4/6/2013, 10:50 AM
Born and raised in Alva. Moved to Norman in '02. Now live in Enid.

King Crimson
4/6/2013, 11:20 AM
born in Ponca City. Dad's fam is from Perry, Morrison, Lela area. original homesteads on both sides of the fam. grandparents made the landrun as kids. however, my great great grampa was living in Indian Territory before it was "legal". same land we still hold in the Cherokee Strip. most of it. lost some to sales to keep the family going when WWII took all 5 brothers to fight the war. all returned but the ranch was over.

grew up in Norman where both my parents still live.

my maternal grampa worked for the OK State of Ag for many years. took a lot of sh@t from his brothers for having to "go to town" to get a job. hear?

Flagstaffsooner
4/6/2013, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm6qw_yeo6o

Turd_Ferguson
4/6/2013, 01:36 PM
born in Ponca City. Dad's fam is from Perry, Morrison, Lela area. original homesteads on both sides of the fam. grandparents made the landrun as kids. however, my great great grampa was living in Indian Territory before it was "legal". same land we still hold in the Cherokee Strip. most of it. lost some to sales to keep the family going when WWII took all 5 brothers to fight the war. all returned but the ranch was over.

grew up in Norman where both my parents still live.

my maternal grampa worked for the OK State of Ag for many years. took a lot of sh@t from his brothers for having to "go to town" to get a job. hear?

My maternal Grandpa was born in 1885 and was in the land run of 89. They staked a claim in whats now known as Slaughterville, but shortly thereafter traded a guy for land just on the North side of Lexington because of a creek they needed for cattle. An Uncle told me back in the late 70's that the land in Slaughterville had pumping jacks all over it...:dispirited: Figgers.

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2013, 01:39 PM
My maternal Grandpa was born in 1885 and was in the land run of 89. They staked a claim in whats now known as Slaughterville, but shortly thereafter traded a guy for land just on the North side of Lexington because of a creek they needed for cattle. An Uncle told me back in the late 70's that the land in Slaughterville had pumping jacks all over it...:dispirited: Figgers.

Dean woulda been a your neighbor.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/6/2013, 05:59 PM
Born in Kenya, er, ah Hawaii. grandfolks on dad's side came to OK as Boomers, but we be Sooners in spirit. Mom's side came to OK from a Kansas all-Irish settlement.

Actually I was born in OKC, and raised there til I was 12. Moved to Venezuela for 2 or 3 yrs, and then to Tulsa, and went to HS at at Bishop Kelley.

Petro-Sooner
4/6/2013, 06:11 PM
Born in liberal KS. Grew up in Calumet, Morris, and Nowata OK. Lived in Norman for 12 years while in and after school before moving to Fort Worth a year ago.

BajaOklahoma
4/6/2013, 06:36 PM
Born and raised in OKC, with a short stay in Elk City. For my husband's job, we moved to Albuquerque and then DFW.
My kids were all born in OKC, but spent most of their lives in the DFW area - or, as we like to call it, Baja Oklahoma.
We still have land and a house in Oklahoma.

BigTip
4/6/2013, 08:00 PM
Born in Dallas.
Raised in Norman. (Norman High '75)
Lived in Austin the last 30 years. Yet to be tainted by Longhorn propaganda.
BOOMER!

pphilfran
4/6/2013, 08:02 PM
Born in Ponca City

Raised in Lawton

SicEmBaylor
4/6/2013, 08:15 PM
Born in Ponca City

Raised in Lawton
Lawton? God, I'm sorry.

Whet
4/6/2013, 08:22 PM
I heard Rock Hudson was born in Indiana, reared in California.

Whet
4/6/2013, 08:27 PM
Tulsa/Tulsa

My stops include: Norman, Tulsa, The Stool, Galena, Mo, Chicago.

Soonerfan88
4/6/2013, 09:11 PM
Born and raised in Newkirk. Via the Army, lived in Tennessee and Louisiana with trips to S. Korea. Afterwards in Ponca City, KC area and now in the middle of Mizzeri. Hopefully I will be able to transfer back to Oklahoma soon.

olevetonahill
4/6/2013, 09:36 PM
Born and raised in Newkirk. Via the Army, lived in Tennessee and Louisiana with trips to S. Korea. Afterwards in Ponca City, KC area and now in the middle of Mizzeri. Hopefully I will be able to transfer back to Oklahoma soon.

Hope you can too. Good luck.

hawaii 5-0
4/7/2013, 12:08 AM
Sooner born and bred. Spent most of my life in OK.

Will always be an Okie, wherever I am.

5-0

Flagstaffsooner
4/7/2013, 03:10 AM

Im still laughing.

SoonerStormchaser
4/7/2013, 03:28 AM
Born in South Carolina...raised all over hell (but mostly Ohio)

SoonerStormchaser
4/7/2013, 03:29 AM

Lock this thread...it can't get any better!

soonerhubs
4/7/2013, 08:36 AM
Born at home in an ice storm in Sequoyah county. I was raised there as well in the very rural community of Gum Springs.

Flagstaffsooner
4/7/2013, 08:55 AM
Born at home in an ice storm in Sequoyah county. I was raised there as well in the very rural community of Gum Springs.

Where the hell is that?

pphilfran
4/7/2013, 09:34 AM
Where the hell is that?

Up around Sallisaw near Gore...near Ft Smith

pphilfran
4/7/2013, 09:36 AM
Lawton? God, I'm sorry.
I'm not...

I had miles of open land, creeks, and woodland to ride my bike, hunt, and dig for crawdads...I had a great time growing up....

olevetonahill
4/7/2013, 10:22 AM
I'm not...

I had miles of open land, creeks, and woodland to ride my bike, hunt, and dig for crawdads...I had a great time growing up....

Im STILL growin up, :loyal:

FirstandGoal
4/7/2013, 10:43 AM
Very boring for me.

Born in Kansas City, raised in Midwest City. Been living in Edmond for the last 19+ years. Plan on living here til my youngest flies the coop then will settle where the wind takes me.

Lott's Bandana
4/7/2013, 11:12 AM
I wanted to add this:

I've lived in North Carolina, Maine, Oklahoma (3), California (2), Connecticut, Virginia, South Carolina, Florida and Hawai'i.

At this point in my life I could live anywhere in the world and I chose to return to Norman in 2005, a place that gets better and better every year.

soonerhubs
4/7/2013, 11:16 AM
Where the hell is that?
Many many miles from Flagstaff. :) It's right on the West side of Tenkiller Lake, where the red fern grew.

Soonerjeepman
4/7/2013, 11:46 AM
born in Wichita, raised there, Hugoton, Garden Plain...small Ks towns. Folks from Medford Okla...always was there over Thanksgiving...so grew up on OU/nu games...aunts uncles going crazy. Lived in metro KC all adult life.

yes go Shocks...too bad, they almost had it.

Collier11
4/7/2013, 05:54 PM
Born and raised in Watonga OK, spent different sections of my life in Pryor OK (2 years) and Dixon MO (6 years) before going back to Watonga. Have lived in Norman OK since 2002

okiewaker
4/7/2013, 07:27 PM
Lawton? God, I'm sorry.
I'm not...

Lawton pissed me off. Lived there from "83 to "96. They renovated FT Sill BLVD just off base and removed all the "vertical pole dancing"
saloons. I decided to move to Norman,,,now,,,, at least I got Sugars. :cool:

pphilfran
4/7/2013, 07:51 PM
Lawton pissed me off. Lived there from "83 to "96. They renovated FT Sill BLVD just off base and removed all the "vertical pole dancing"

I left in 84...the loss of my business made the transition possible...don't forget about the Copa...tore it down and built an oil change and lube business....fitting....

okiewaker
4/7/2013, 08:11 PM

I left in 84...the loss of my business made the transition possible...don't forget about the Copa...tore it down and built an oil change and lube business....fitting....

Heh, yep,,,they did it!

colleyvillesooner
4/7/2013, 08:30 PM
Born in Pauls Valley, raised in Wayne/Blanchard..

How long did you live in PV? I have relatives there for 40+ years.

rock on sooner
4/7/2013, 08:56 PM

Take ya back a little further...'61-62...as a kid used ta go up and down the
street in and out of pawn shops and movie houses while my aunt did her
restaurant business (legimate) and then took me back to her truckstop
restaurant ( I washed dishes and then learned to be a short order cook,
pretty good one, too!) btw, Her place was in Elgin, her hubby had the gas
station right beside it. When I wasn't cooking, I bussed..tips were okay...

colleyvillesooner
4/7/2013, 08:58 PM
Born in OKC in 78
Moved to New Orleans (Mandeville) in 85
Vernon, NJ in 88
Dallas (Grapevine) in 89
Seattle (Redmond) in 93
Dallas (Grapevine) in 95

Been in the metroplex ever since

olevetonahill
4/7/2013, 09:56 PM
saloons. I decided to move to Norman,,,now,,,, at least I got Cottage Cheese. :cool:

FIFY
I went to Sugars ONE time, Place is nasty. one old Gal axed me If I wanted to rub my face in her tits for 5 Bucks? Told her I didnt think I could bend that low.
Nother came up axed me the same thing. Told her No thanks I didnt need her money.

Did I say the place is NASTY?

rock on sooner
4/8/2013, 06:58 AM
FIFY
I went to Sugars ONE time, Place is nasty. one old Gal axed me If I wanted to rub my face in her tits for 5 Bucks? Told her I didnt think I could bend that low.
Nother came up axed me the same thing. Told her No thanks I didnt need her money.

Did I say the place is NASTY?

That's funny!!!!

KantoSooner
4/8/2013, 10:30 AM
Kanto, never suspected you to be from Duncan. My mom's family were Duncanites (daddy snunk over from Marlow). Spent a lot of my young life in Duncan, over on Beech Street.

Yup, grandparents lived on N. 13th for 40 or 50 years. He was manager of the Bovaird Oil Field Supply warehouse there. (back before they became Guiberson and, I believe, were bought out by Halliburton). Duncan may have the world's finest tomatoes, but Marlow (and Rush Springs) definitely has the best water melons. Many a good summer was spent there.

texaspokieokie
4/8/2013, 04:09 PM

Ole mama lion = 16 tons. don't know if anyone came up with it; ain't gonna go back thru them all.born & raised in okmulgee

fadada1
4/11/2013, 07:58 PM
Born in OKC. Old man was at Tinker... left Air Force 3 months after I was born. Raised just outside of Rochester, NY. Must been a pull back to my birth place in going to OU.

stoopified
4/12/2013, 07:17 AM
Born in Lawton(Dad was career Army).Raided prmarily in Kay County(Ponca City,Blackwell) after the folks divorced.Moved my family to Moore 4 years ago.Hoping to move to Norman as Moore has no mass trans.

pphilfran
4/12/2013, 07:24 AM
Born in Lawton(Dad was career Army).Raided prmarily in Kay County(Ponca City,Blackwell) after the folks divorced.Moved my family to Moore 4 years ago.Hoping to move to Norman as Moore has no mass trans.

lol

I was bass ackwards from this...born in Ponca and raised in Lawton...I have relatives in Blackwell...I even donated an old church organ to the Top of Oklahoma museum...

OULenexaman
4/12/2013, 10:58 AM
born in OKC.....raised in Edmond and lived there from 58 till 91....Lenexa ever since with a 5 year stint from 05 to 2010 in Chitcago....

SoonerStormchaser
4/12/2013, 11:48 AM
Raised in France
That explains a lot...ya cheese-eating surrender monkey!

Harry Beanbag
4/15/2013, 09:02 AM
Born in OKC
Raised in Edmond

After OU:
California--2 yrs
Florida--3 yrs
Idaho--6 mths
Washington--4 yrs
California--6 mths
Arizona--10 yrs
Oklahoma--9 mths
Arizona--3 yrs

KantoSooner
4/15/2013, 09:35 AM
That explains a lot...ya cheese-eating surrender monkey!

Interesting variant. I'd always heard it as "brie-sniffing surrender monkey", but that's just an aside. Carry on.