PDA

View Full Version : WWE Monday Night Raw

badger
4/3/2013, 10:28 AM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/04/tumblr_mkmv6dMdpu1qdeagno1_500.jpg
It was a beautiful moment and those of you that have given up on WWE long before me missed a magical crowd rebellion moment this week.

I'm probably going to give up on this soon too. It's far too cluster****ish.

badger
4/9/2013, 10:20 AM
That was the most epic Raw in the history of my short time of Raw watching... and I bet that none of you saw it :)

StoopTroup
4/9/2013, 03:39 PM
My Son and I have tickets for them when they come to Tulsa in May. We went about a year ago. It's pretty entertaining and the BOK is a great place to see it.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/9/2013, 03:56 PM
ewwwww

Pricetag
4/9/2013, 04:07 PM
It's funny how the smart-*** fans lose their minds and mark out when a title changes hands. At WM, Cena received his usual reception pre-match, but when he pinned Rock, they did a wide-angle replay, and arms were going up everywhere.

badger
4/9/2013, 04:14 PM
It's funny how the smart-*** fans lose their minds and mark out when a title changes hands. At WM, Cena received his usual reception pre-match, but when he pinned Rock, they did a wide-angle replay, and arms were going up everywhere.
You paid money for Sunday's show? Oh, I am soooo sorry :(:(:(:(

reflector
4/9/2013, 04:16 PM
That was the most epic Raw in the history of my short time of Raw watching... and I bet that none of you saw it :)

What happened?

StoopTroup
4/9/2013, 04:18 PM
We watch it occasionally. It's like a Soap Opera. You can miss the show for 6 months and watch the show twice and be right back in the thick of it.

badger
4/10/2013, 09:45 AM
What happened?

Basically, the crowd rebelled. A lot were hangovers from the night before's Wrestlemania letdown that stuck around for the Monday show.

The company's top guy (John Cena) was roundly booed and boring-chanted and "same old ****" chanted.

That was just the start of the show. Then, things took a turn for the funny when two (allegedly) top guys faced each other. Their style is not flashy or impressive, but the blandness that you expect from longtime company guys that think that it's better to do generic wrestling moves than a double flip off the top rope.

The crowd knew immediately that they were in for a boring match, so they started chanting the name of the ref. Then the three ringside commentators. Then for ECW. Then for retired wrestlers and dead wrestlers and the vendors walking by their section. They also sang that "Ole Ole Ole" thing which really confused the "top" guys in the ring.

And oh man were the "top" guys pizzed about it. One reportedly was glaring at the crowd his entire walk to the back, while the other reportedly got angry at a hotel bar post-show when someone said "Tough crowd tonight?" He also had some pizzy tweets after the match.

The highlight of the night was when they started humming and dancing to the cheesy music of a newer guy that had previously been chanted "you can't wrestle" at.

Wtg2tFygKiE

The crowd reportedly was singing his theme song the rest of the night, from the other matches (that didn't include him), to leaving the arena in concourse areas, to honking their car horns to the beat of the song, to blaring the music from their vehicles.

What was once a mid-level guy destined to job suddenly became the highlight of the show? A show that had two title changes? Tee hee.

Smarky crowd for the win

Turd_Ferguson
4/10/2013, 10:24 AM
Everbody knows rassl'ns fake, cept down there in mexico...

badger
4/10/2013, 10:41 AM
Everbody knows rassl'ns fake, cept down there in mexico...

Rasslin's fake, but the fan revolt was real, which is probably what made it so funny.

Sheamus and Randy Orton stop and look at the crowd mid-match, like they're wondering "Um, why aren't you guys chant our names or cheering our continuous knee dives and clotheslines? Don't you know we're top stars in this company?"

Ole ole ole!

Pricetag
4/10/2013, 01:01 PM
With the WWF, I'll never be convinced that anything is real. I'll never forget the first live show I ever went to, back in 1989. It wasn't even a televised show, but I could hear the little cues they were playing to get people to respond in a certain way (mostly to jeer the bad guys). They plant people in the crowd to start chants.

If you doubt that there is still plenty of shrewdity left in the WWF, you need look no further than Jack Swagger and Zeb Coulter. They've used the "Don't Tread On Me/We the People" angle to create a bad guy so brilliant that some of the people are rooting for him, and many more of them are rooting for one of the more unsavory characters they've had in recent years in Alberto Del Rio.

C&CDean
4/10/2013, 01:16 PM
Lowest common denominator.

StoopTroup
4/10/2013, 02:35 PM
My Kid likes it. I have no idea why but I'm taking him. Once you are there...it's like being at the Circus. We have a good time when we go. Now...would I miss an OU game playing Nobody State for Wrestlemania's Greatest Match ever? Not a chance.

Scott D
4/13/2013, 11:03 PM
I still think the funniest things were back in the WCW days when they'd actually use fake crowd noise to cover up the actual crowd in participation when the crowd wouldn't react the way that the WCW wanted. Such instances were when Goldberg got 0 pop at a show, they used canned applause and cheering to cover a booing crowd. Crowd cheers for the "wrong" guy, they'd use canned noise to prop up the face and drown out the cheers for the heel.

I was amused that the WWE didn't try any of those tricks on Monday night and instead had fun with the crowd responses being opposite of expectations.

badger
4/16/2013, 10:34 AM
I was amused that the WWE didn't try any of those tricks on Monday night and instead had fun with the crowd responses being opposite of expectations.

They've done crap like that before that is pretty obvious when you can see the mouths moooooving (boooooing) in different ways than the noise. They don't even bother covering up the Cena boos anymore. I've heard them crank up intro music if the crowd is too quiet as well (Rey Mysterio comes to mind).

The crowd last night sucked, and even worse, WWE is going to ram what could have been a fun spontaneous crowd moment and try to turn it into a "thing" by shoving it down fans' throats.

What they should have done: Let the crowd troll Fandango as he orders them to stop singing and dancing.

What they did instead: Have Fandango point at various sections of the crowd and ask if they're "Fandangoing."

Gag. Well, the fun's over.

To reiterate, the crowd SUCKED last night. They should have scheduled London this week to keep a good thing going but instead, went to somewhere in South Carolina. Dammit gamecocks/tigers/augustas, YOU SUCK YOU SUCK YOU SUCK