PDA

View Full Version : Rutgers coach fired

badger
4/3/2013, 09:58 AM
Public shaming corrects stupid decisions quickly, doesn't it? (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Rutgers_fires_basketball_coach_after_video_release/20130403_234_0_PISCAT707616?subj=298&nf=HomePage)

IVoOtpDuZwA

ouflak
4/3/2013, 10:13 AM
Not a huge surprise, except perhaps that he lasted as long as he did.

Monster Zero
4/3/2013, 10:42 AM
Coach Rice have p-sycho eyes.

Kudos to this assistant for speaking up. I hope he gets the guys job.

Of course this afternoon on the Sports Animal at about 2:30 there'll be... someone taking up for the coach and complaining about sissies.

Monster Zero
4/3/2013, 10:47 AM
On the other hand, at least, he didn't do the "I'm gonna tear off my jacket and make like I'm fixin' to whup somebody's butt 'cause I didn't like a call from the refs" move and make his assistants have to restrain him and some of his players get between him and the person he's about to (supposedly) whup.

That would be really bad if he had done something like that, especially if it was in a game on national TV and if it was more than once...

badger
4/3/2013, 11:04 AM
Not a huge surprise, except perhaps that he lasted as long as he did.

I just checked this guy's record because I hadn't heard of him till this week. First, I found his dad by mistake (an NBA color commentator with the distinction of being ejected from a game by an official), then, I saw that he only got his job at Rutgers by leading Robert Morris to their (auto conference tourney winning bid) two NCAA trips in the late aughts. Other than that, he's had three losing seasons with no signs of improvement.

So, he's a loser, through and through.

tycat947
4/3/2013, 01:19 PM
On the other hand, at least, he didn't do the "I'm gonna tear off my jacket and make like I'm fixin' to whup somebody's butt 'cause I didn't like a call from the refs" move and make his assistants have to restrain him and some of his players get between him and the person he's about to (supposedly) whup.

That would be really bad if he had done something like that, especially if it was in a game on national TV and if it was more than once...

She will get a raise for that!!! :surprise:

kevpks
4/3/2013, 04:52 PM
Being terrible at basketball when your college is surrounded by a sea of great high school talent seems like the best reason to fire him.

badger
4/5/2013, 02:17 PM
Another one bites the dust! (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Rutgers_AD_resigns_amid_basketball_video_scandal/20130405_236_0_Rutger574162)

tycat947
4/5/2013, 09:05 PM
Another one bites the dust! (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Rutgers_AD_resigns_amid_basketball_video_scandal/20130405_236_0_Rutger574162)

He should have been fired along with Pres. At least he's gone though.

Soonerfan88
4/6/2013, 09:38 PM
I'm on the fence about the AD. If he truly did want to fire the guy but followed advice of counsel and others, he should be slapped on the hand and given another chance. The lawyer definitely deserved firing for supporting the suspension.