PDA

View Full Version : What's For Dinner and What Time Should I Be There?

SicEmBaylor
3/30/2013, 06:05 PM
So, what's everyone having for dinner this evening and who wants to be the first to invite me as this evening's dinner guest? I'll bring a 6-pack of Zima.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/30/2013, 07:25 PM
I'm making a chef salad using an ingredient I have never used before: a watermelon radish. I'd never heard of it, until I saw it in the produce section this week. I can tell that it would be great with hummus.

romaine lettuce, spinach, english cucumber, radish, watermelon radish, tomato, grated carrot, feta cheese, marinated artichoke hearts, chilled sliced chicken breast meat heavily seasoned with pepper. french viniagrette.

We'll eat as soon as my son is finished watched the new episode of Dr. Who.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m00Skm4KF1M/TEsaeE57rTI/AAAAAAAAABg/VetVMm21KwE/S1600-R/130124.jpg

Sorry, Sic em, the high speed rail is not operational. You'll not make it in time.....not that you like salad.

olevetonahill
3/30/2013, 07:46 PM
Hell jaun, I'd whoop his *** if he showed up at the shack with zima.:ghost:

SicEmBaylor
3/30/2013, 07:55 PM
I'm making a chef salad using an ingredient I have never used before: a watermelon radish. I'd never heard of it, until I saw it in the produce section this week. I can tell that it would be great with hummus.

romaine lettuce, spinach, english cucumber, radish, watermelon radish, tomato, grated carrot, feta cheese, marinated artichoke hearts, chilled sliced chicken breast meat heavily seasoned with pepper. french viniagrette.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m00Skm4KF1M/TEsaeE57rTI/AAAAAAAAABg/VetVMm21KwE/S1600-R/130124.jpg

Sorry, Sic em, the high speed rail is not operational. You'll not make it in time.....not that you like salad.
Médico Que?

Lott's Bandana
3/30/2013, 08:04 PM
I'm having Iowa Steaks.

olevetonahill
3/30/2013, 08:16 PM
I'm having Iowa Steaks.

:congratulatory:

Flagstaffsooner
3/30/2013, 08:30 PM
Beer and ice cream.

GDC
3/30/2013, 09:01 PM
Calzone and salad from Manooch's

rock on sooner
3/30/2013, 09:11 PM
Already had dinner...just a bunch of leftovers...but tomorrow gonna
slow cook with smoke a turkey breast, baked sweet potatoes and some
roasted veggies...carrots, fresh Brussel sprouts, onions and cabbage.
Wifey gonna bake a cake,,,just us two...everyone else got their things
going on. Get my grandson's birthday celebration (all of TWO) next
weekend...can hardly wait...

okiewaker
3/30/2013, 09:11 PM
Ritz crackers with ham and cheese and a cold Old Milwaukee's Best!

FirstandGoal
3/31/2013, 01:09 PM
I made chicken enchiladas and they were pretty damned good.

Of course, I honestly dislike cooking and only do it because I've learned how to cook healthier dishes and I like to eat at least 3 times per day. If I were the type of person who could subsist on next to no food I would be a happy camper indeed.

Petro-Sooner
3/31/2013, 02:05 PM
Had brisket tacos at Mia's last night. North of downtown Dallas. Dang good.

diverdog
3/31/2013, 02:31 PM

we belong to one of those organic farm coop deals and we got some of these this summer. I did not have a clue to what they were until I did some research. They are good.

diverdog
3/31/2013, 02:40 PM
I had a bunch of folks over for BBQ. Six racks of baby back ribs, two pork shoulders, pepper and pineapple infuse kielbasa , Italian sausage, sage sausage, and a pork tenderloin. Of course all the fix'ins like tater salad, cole slaw, BBQ beans and some atomic buffalo turds.

Petro-Sooner
3/31/2013, 03:16 PM
I had a bunch of folks over for BBQ. Six racks of baby back ribs, two pork shoulders, pepper and pineapple infuse kielbasa , Italian sausage, sage sausage, and a pork tenderloin. Of course all the fix'ins like tater salad, cole slaw, BBQ beans and some atomic buffalo turds.

Man that sounds good!

SoonerAtKU
4/1/2013, 04:00 PM
This is what I made on Sunday. For a first attempt, this wasn't a bad rib roast.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/c68.0.403.403/p403x403/7171_574896999188722_841947934_n.jpg

deweydw
4/2/2013, 10:27 AM
pCbw0BLS4m0

C&CDean
4/2/2013, 10:40 AM
This is what I made on Sunday. For a first attempt, this wasn't a bad rib roast.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/c68.0.403.403/p403x403/7171_574896999188722_841947934_n.jpg

Looks a lot like what momma cooked Sunday. Prime rib roast from Fairway Market in Iowa, home-grown horseradish, au-jus, 7-layer salad, cheesy taters, etc. Best prime rib. Ever. She slices it before cooking and stuffs garlic chunks down into the meat, then rubs it with some mixture of sea salt, olive oil, crushed black pepper, garlic, rosemary and some other ****. 135 degrees in the middle, pull it out and cover with foil for about 20-minutes. Slice and serve. Perfection.

SoonerAtKU
4/5/2013, 02:28 PM
Looks a lot like what momma cooked Sunday. Prime rib roast from Fairway Market in Iowa, home-grown horseradish, au-jus, 7-layer salad, cheesy taters, etc. Best prime rib. Ever. She slices it before cooking and stuffs garlic chunks down into the meat, then rubs it with some mixture of sea salt, olive oil, crushed black pepper, garlic, rosemary and some other ****. 135 degrees in the middle, pull it out and cover with foil for about 20-minutes. Slice and serve. Perfection.

I like mine pretty rare, so it was salt, pepper, garlic, onion, 200 degree oven until it hits 118, rest until it's 125, then back in for 10 minutes at 450 to brown the top. Sage and red wine with the drippings to make the sauce. Roasted potatoes, asparagus, some salad. I felt pretty good about this being my first time and all. I'll definitely make it again and if I can find some nice quality beef like you mentioned, I'll be even more excited.

SoonerStormchaser
4/7/2013, 03:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KsCmjUsnak

You have 10 hours to make it to Germany, Sic Em!

SicEmBaylor
4/7/2013, 03:33 AM
Ritz crackers with ham and cheese and a cold Old Milwaukee's Best!
Livin' the dream, buddy.

SicEmBaylor
4/7/2013, 03:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KsCmjUsnak

You have 10 hours to make it to Germany, Sic Em!
Doable but not feasible. If I drove over to Tinker, you think you could get some of your buddies to give me a lift? ;)