PDA

View Full Version : Financial Advisor??

C&CDean
3/29/2013, 10:29 AM
Well it seems that I've progressed to a point in my life where I have some loose disposable income that I'm thinking about investing...into something???

I've always been a proponent of the mason jar in the yard theory, but it's come to my attention that some of my invested $$ is doing nothing and I need to get it working for me. Anyone know of anything I could throw some loose change at that might stick and grow?

Anybody know of a good financial advisor? "Good" being the focus here. Anyone have any suggestions?

Lott's Bandana
3/29/2013, 11:14 AM
Well it seems that I've progressed to a point in my life where I have some loose disposable income that I'm thinking about investing...into something???

I've always been a proponent of the mason jar in the yard theory, but it's come to my attention that some of my invested $$ is doing nothing and I need to get it working for me. Anyone know of anything I could throw some loose change at that might stick and grow?

Anybody know of a good financial advisor? "Good" being the focus here. Anyone have any suggestions?

Watch this Economist first...rather eye=opening, even if he's only 50% wrong. He's trying to sell a book, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm at the point where I'm ready to divest in the traditional because I see the mess that is coming. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UseYKxDLnOw

StoopTroup
3/29/2013, 12:43 PM
There is this guy named Sir Allen Stanford. He's a Baylor Grad and is a real wiz at helping people put money away into Conservative Certificates of Deposit and other really safe funds.

Here's a little story on him. :D

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Stanford

FirstandGoal
3/29/2013, 04:42 PM
Don't ask me. I still have teenagers which means any "disposable" income gets used by the end of the month.

cleller
3/29/2013, 05:04 PM
8TimeChamps is well connected in that area.

There are a couple of websites for professional organizations of "fee only financial planners". Those folks operate, obviously, for a straight fee, and get no commissions for selling any particular products. The idea being that they are interested only in keeping you happy, and maintaining their good reputations.

http://www.napfa.org/

With the low interest rates the Fed is maintaining, its a tough time to find anything "safe". To get any return you've gotta take on risk, as in stocks. Many folks think that bonds could also be pretty risky right now, due to the interest rate environment.

olevetonahill
3/29/2013, 05:09 PM
Hell Dean Ill peem ya My PayPal info and for 10% Ill manage it for ya.
No scratch that yer a Great friend Ill do it for 5%

Just send it to me and WE can watch it help Natty stock grow together.:sneakiness:

yermom
3/29/2013, 08:05 PM
yermom, Inc is currently taking on investors

olevetonahill
3/29/2013, 08:11 PM

Back off Bitch, This is MY corner.:smile:

StoopTroup
3/29/2013, 08:41 PM
I say put it on Red at the Roulette Table and Scream "Boomer" when it hits!

C&CDean
3/29/2013, 09:43 PM
Cretins. Well except for a couple of you.

Thanks for the peems those who actually know dick about money.

C&CDean
3/29/2013, 09:44 PM

How do you spell "sinking ship?" Y-E-R-M-O-M. Heh.