PDA

View Full Version : interesting exe order...course not covered by main stream media

Soonerjeepman
3/28/2013, 06:16 PM
curious as to WHY this is needed. I voted in 5 mins. The ONLY issues I've heard about are the illegal voting for obama by the dems. See those 11 mill illegals will be helpful. Fed control is NOT needed.

"voting accessibility for individuals with disabilities, limited English proficiency, and other special needs;"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/03/28/executive-order-establishment-presidential-commission-election-administr

yermom
3/28/2013, 06:23 PM
you voted in 5 minutes, how nice for you

i've heard lots of stories like this: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/11/no-one-in-america-should-have-to-wait-7-hours-to-vote/264506/

For example, what happened this weekend in Florida is simply unacceptable. According to a local election official interviewed by CBS News' Phil Hirschkorn, the last "early voter" in line for Saturday's truncated early voting in Palm Beach County finally got to cast a ballot at 2:30 a.m Sunday morning, which means that voter waited in line for more than seven hours. In Miami, another traditional Democratic stronghold, the wait was said to be nearly as long. On Sunday, voters all over the state were begging judges and county officials for more time to vote.

Soonerjeepman
3/28/2013, 06:31 PM
Maybe the state NEEDS to do something not the feds (ask for more voting places)...basically yes I heard about all the long lines as well. So address THAT issue only...all that is needed.

This is like obama wanting voter registration on the obama care applications...who do you think will be filling this out. I applaud obama for getting his crew out there and get the poor uneducated voters to vote for him, he won because of that. His strategy is winning. It shall be interesting when the time comes that those who live off of the system outnumber those who pay for the system.

Turd_Ferguson
3/28/2013, 06:37 PM
you voted in 5 minutes, how nice for you

i've heard lots of stories like this: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/11/no-one-in-america-should-have-to-wait-7-hours-to-vote/264506/

If they'd only vote once, it wouldn't take so long...

cleller
3/29/2013, 07:15 AM
It shall be interesting when the time comes that those who live off of the system outnumber those who pay for the system.

Well, you won't have long to wait to find out. "Interesting" is a kind term for that experience.

Another thing that is interesting is how the increase of the number of people living off the system has accompanied this destruction of the middle class/rise of the super-rich we read so much about.

Are the rich to blame, or is the system? Eh, just another can of worms.

Soonerjeepman
3/29/2013, 03:22 PM
"Interesting" is a kind term for that experience.

yup

okie52
3/29/2013, 03:54 PM
If they'd only vote once, it wouldn't take so long...

Heh heh....

diverdog
3/30/2013, 03:12 AM
curious as to WHY this is needed. I voted in 5 mins. The ONLY issues I've heard about are the illegal voting for obama by the dems. See those 11 mill illegals will be helpful. Fed control is NOT needed.

"voting accessibility for individuals with disabilities, limited English proficiency, and other special needs;"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/03/28/executive-order-establishment-presidential-commission-election-administr

Nice job of cutting and pasting. How about putting in the entire paragraph:

. Sec. 3. Mission. (a) The Commission shall identify best practices and otherwise make recommendations to promote the efficient administration of elections in order to ensure that all eligible voters have the opportunity to cast their ballots without undue delay, and to improve the experience of voters facing other obstacles in casting their ballots, such as members of the military, overseas voters, voters with disabilities, and voters with limited English proficiency.

I believe this order is to establish a commission only.

sappstuf
3/30/2013, 03:39 AM
Nice job of cutting and pasting. How about putting in the entire paragraph:

I believe this order is to establish a commission only.

If it is anything like the president's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility, the recommendations will be ignored by the president and nothing will happen anyway..

diverdog
3/30/2013, 06:07 AM
If it is anything like the president's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility, the recommendations will be ignored by the president and nothing will happen anyway..

Yep. That is why this is no big deal.