PDA

View Full Version : Things To Do At Tulsa International Airport

Scott D
3/28/2013, 02:44 PM
To stave off boredom.

I still have two more hours up in this piece!

tator
3/28/2013, 02:48 PM
Wait for your plane?

I normally just browse the magazines. There's a few decent places to get a snack. Other than that, you'll be sittin.

StoopTroup
3/28/2013, 02:48 PM
Xanax? :D

Scott D
3/28/2013, 02:49 PM
so far it's all about abusing...er using their free wifi :)

it took me more time to get through the TSA checkpoint in Detroit on Monday at 4:30am than it did for me at 1:30pm in Tulsa.

KantoSooner
3/28/2013, 02:53 PM
Drink.

Scott D
3/28/2013, 02:56 PM
The waitresses aren't scantily clad enough for me to drink. I saw more skin at the BWW in Ft. Smith, Arkansas last night.

StoopTroup
3/28/2013, 02:57 PM
You might pass on the Xanax if you are drinking. :D

StoopTroup
3/28/2013, 02:58 PM
The waitresses aren't scantily clad enough for me to drink. I saw more skin at the BWW in Ft. Smith, Arkansas last night.

They do have a good little bar there huh?

The one at Northwest Regional at Siloam Springs is pretty good too.

KantoSooner
3/28/2013, 03:00 PM
Tell me of any good bar you've found in Ft. Smith. I've yet to find one.

Scott D
3/28/2013, 03:03 PM
I never said it was a good bar, just more scantily clad.

KantoSooner
3/28/2013, 03:08 PM
Ah, I see the nice distinction. Name and address anyway, though. I'll be working down that way quite a bit later on this summer.

Scott D
3/28/2013, 03:19 PM
they're just BWW waitresses, they wear the same clothes in every location nationwide. It's more an indictment of the waitresses at Home Team Sports Grill than anything.

Scott D
3/28/2013, 03:21 PM
while we're at it, why do people try to lug a big full size suitcase onto a plane. That crap doesn't fit in the overhead and you delay the flight by another 5 minutes making the flight staff check that crap for you.

Scott D
3/28/2013, 03:22 PM
and this other dude, seriously, your phone tone is a chirping cricket?

olevetonahill
3/28/2013, 03:31 PM
You should have shouted out to me, we coulda had a drank er 3

Scott D
3/28/2013, 03:38 PM
dude, I had like no time..it took until late last night for me to meet up with phead at the bar.

olevetonahill
3/28/2013, 03:44 PM
dude, I had like no time..it took until late last night for me to meet up with phead at the bar.

Heh. Ya ever get back down this way. I can find my way to Ft Smith. less than an hour from me.

KantoSooner
3/28/2013, 04:39 PM
I had no idear. Oh my. This may get ugly. I've got two projects there this summer.

olevetonahill
3/28/2013, 04:47 PM
I had no idear. Oh my. This may get ugly. I've got two projects there this summer.

:glee:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/28/2013, 07:56 PM
The best part about Tulsa is that you can actually find comfortable chairs (especially around the rental return area). I normally hang out there until I meander to the plane. Much better than the painfulness that is Heathrow Terminal 5 where I was last week :(.

StoopTroup
3/28/2013, 09:40 PM
Ah, I see the nice distinction. Name and address anyway, though. I'll be working down that way quite a bit later on this summer.

When you are stuck in an airport waiting for a plane....any Bar is a good bar.....just some are better than others.

StoopTroup
3/28/2013, 09:42 PM
while we're at it, why do people try to lug a big full size suitcase onto a plane. That crap doesn't fit in the overhead and you delay the flight by another 5 minutes making the flight staff check that crap for you.

IMO....they ought to kick you off the flight and make you wait for the next flight. They can then use the time to reacquaint themselves with the rules.

Scott D
3/29/2013, 12:16 AM
Also, I'd like to not commend the pilot for apparently taking the extra long lunch in Dallas hereby making the plane arrive in Tulsa late which meant I arrived at the gate in St. Louis for my flight home a mere 3 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

Next time I promise to try using one of the random charging pads placed in the gate area instead of hogging a station in the business hub, and pretending to work with two spread sheets and a word file open while playing games in the background ninja style.

badger
3/29/2013, 09:25 AM
What airline did you use, by chance? When we flew not-Southwest out to Seattle, EVERYthing was ****ed up.

They had our gate wrong and didn't alert us to the fact that we were not on our flight (we were at the gate next door where we were preparing to board for another flight taking off around the same time).

EVERY flight was delayed. Even flights that could have been on time, they delayed because blah blah passengers on blah blah other flights just arrived or will be arriving blah blah.

The planes were also tinier and the on-flight sh!t was sh!ttier.

I hope I never have to fly not-Southwest ever again :mad:

Scott D
3/29/2013, 03:35 PM
I fly southwest unless I am flying somewhere that southwest does not go to.

KantoSooner
3/29/2013, 04:41 PM
For most flights under five hours in duration, they should just call a spade a spade and have people hold a strap like in a subway. The experience is not too distinct.

SoonerInFortSmith
3/30/2013, 06:41 PM

Heh. Ya ever get back down this way. I can find my way to Ft Smith. less than an hour from me.

Count me in. Tell me what's your style and I'll find a bar in Fort Smith that doesn't totally suck.