PDA

View Full Version : NFL QB Pay: Sam Bradford's now looking like a bargain!

badger
3/28/2013, 11:45 AM
Remember when people were griping that Sam Bradford would get $50 million guaranteed?

Out of OU, Sammie signed for $78 million over 6 years.

And now... Aaron Rodgers is reportedly about to get a $25 million annual deal (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9107196/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-getting-closer-massive-long-term-extension-according-sources) to top Average Joe McFlacco.

Here's hoping Landry surprised everyone and lands his own free agent salary cap busting dealio in a few years :)

Widescreen
3/28/2013, 12:16 PM
Big difference. Sam got all that money as an unproven rookie. Rodgers has proven himself to be a premier QB.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/28/2013, 01:03 PM
Rodgers is one of those guys that cracks me up.

0 offers out of high school. Had to walk on at a local juco.

Cal comes recruiting a WR at the juco. Rodgers is on hand to throw to the guy and he gets some interest. They find out he's a qualified guy which means he can transfer immediately so they offer him.

He then plummets in the NFL draft because of the Cal stigma

Strangely enough, Briese and Brady are similar.

Soonerwake
3/28/2013, 08:08 PM
Rodgers is one of those guys that cracks me up.

0 offers out of high school. Had to walk on at a local juco.

Cal comes recruiting a WR at the juco. Rodgers is on hand to throw to the guy and he gets some interest. They find out he's a qualified guy which means he can transfer immediately so they offer him.

He then plummets in the NFL draft because of the Cal stigma

Strangely enough, Briese and Brady are similar.

I saw Rodgers play in high school at Pleasant Valley in Chico California. He was little, but was a phenomenal athlete. He ran and passed like no one I had ever seen at that level before.

VA Sooner
3/28/2013, 08:24 PM
Sam is a bargain and will prove his worth this fall... once they solidify their offensive line, get some good receivers and a running back as well as their new tight end up to speed.

Then the defense...

JLEW1818
3/29/2013, 01:45 PM
Big year for Sam.

swardboy
3/29/2013, 02:52 PM
I'm so tired of the media fawning over RGIII and Luck and Cop;ernickledingle...Fisher seems to be putting Sam in a good place finally.

badger
3/29/2013, 02:58 PM
I'm so tired of the media fawning over RGIII and Luck and Cop;ernickledingle...Fisher seems to be putting Sam in a good place finally.

Sadly, unlike Sammie leads the Rams back to the playoffs, the media will be entirely justified in fawning over the playoff-bound quarterbacks over the ones that sit at home after Week 17.

I don't really mind the RG3 and Luck fawning, because they seem like nice guys. Colin seems like a first class d00shebag, so that got old fast. If you're gonna kiss your bicep, do it in front of a mirror with the door closed so none of the rest of us have to see :mad:

JLEW1818
3/30/2013, 11:01 AM
Luck took a last place team (2-14) to the playoffs the next year. RG3 took a bottom 5 team. Pretty amazing. They deserve the attention and its not even close.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/30/2013, 06:36 PM
Luck took a last place team (2-14) to the playoffs the next year. RG3 took a bottom 5 team. Pretty amazing. They deserve the attention and its not even close.

Luck also benefitted from a last place schedule just like Sam did as a rookie. He also went to a team that had 9 straight 10 win seasons before their starting HoF QB went down. Sam went to a team that was flirting with NFL records for multi-season futility.

RG3 is a different story. He was the perfect fit for what the Redskins had on hand (much like Wilson for Seattle). He also benefitted somewhat from an easier schedule and the acquisition of Garcon. I'm just curious if the guy is going to be able to stay healthy in the league.

Eielson
3/31/2013, 10:01 AM

The Colts could have easily won 12 games the year before if Manning wasn't hurt. Even Orlovsky could have piled up the wins if they'd have played him all year.

swardboy
3/31/2013, 05:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think they are all phenomenal talents. But like jkm pointed out, they were in much better situations to succeed their rookie campaigns than Sam was. And then his second year that nitwit o-coach puts in an offense totally unsuited to their situation. FINALLY Sam gets two years under the same coordinator with a sensible approach to their game. I am stoked to see the Rams succeed this fall.

sooneron
3/31/2013, 09:48 PM
Sam will look like a bargain if and when his QB rating gets over 90.

EatLeadCommie
4/1/2013, 08:53 PM
this is only Sam related in that they were rivals, but I saw that Colt McCoy was traded to the 49ers today. I think that may workout ok for him. Harbaugh made Alex Smith decent and McCoy's talents seem to be better suited for that offense than Cleveland's. It will be interesting to see how he does if Colin K goes down.

sooneron
4/1/2013, 10:08 PM
this is only Sam related in that they were rivals, but I saw that Colt McCoy was traded to the 49ers today. I think that may workout ok for him. Harbaugh made Alex Smith decent and McCoy's talents seem to be better suited for that offense than Cleveland's. It will be interesting to see how he does if Colin K goes down.
On rival teams, but they are really good friends. Hopefully, McCoy's dad doesn't book any airfare for San Fran...

StoopTroup
4/1/2013, 11:26 PM
Anyone that didn't anticipate RGIII getting killed this year was just fooling themselves. NFL Defenses are only going to put up with his one man band act as QB for so long and then they are going to put the hurt on. What happened? He got hurt just when the Skins needed him.

Doug Williams was a bargain compared to RGIII and he brought Home a Lombardi Trophy for them.