PDA

View Full Version : Keeping abreast of the "Breastaurant" craze.

cleller
3/27/2013, 05:29 PM
Its from ABC News, so it is not only tame enough for public consumption, it also attempts to get at the business angle.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/breastaurants-business-booming-18786907

Very rare that I'll watch one of these pieces thru to the end.

olevetonahill
3/27/2013, 06:21 PM
Thank you for posting this, I'm keenly interested in keeping "Abreast" of all things concerning Breast's I found this very informative.

Jacie
3/27/2013, 07:41 PM
With all the competition for Hooters, according to the report, their business is "sagging".

tator
3/28/2013, 09:31 AM
Everybody loves hot chicks. I'd be surprised if it were any other way.

tator
3/28/2013, 09:33 AM
With all the competition for Hooters, according to the report, their business is "sagging".

This is because most of the Hooters are severely lacking in hot chicks. It's a pretty easy trend chart: hot chicks go up, business goes up.

KantoSooner
3/28/2013, 10:57 AM
Let's see.....They are selling beer, burgers, rings, wings and weird pizza-derived food groups.

Who likes such things when they go out to eat or generally hang out?

18-50 year old men. (not saying you don't eat those things, ladies, just that most adult males will mosey on over to the beer and saturated fats bar more likely than not. Trips to the localvore salad restaurant or 'Sally's House of Desserts' are comparatively rare.)

In the records of medical science, there was one guy in recorded history from that demographic who didn't want more sex in his life. His name was Wilfried. He lived in Dusseldorf in the late 19th century.

So, you have a natural predilection to beer and fatty food. What do you do to push men past the tipping point? Add sex. It's called marketing and it's not a terribly complex trade.

badger
3/28/2013, 12:12 PM
I've never gone to Hooters, Twin Peaks, or any other "breastraunt." And to the contrary, I've actually heard that their business is not booming, but rather... sagging? (http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/03/08/17226299-hooters-is-chasing-women-as-customers?lite)

I'm not against going to those places because while they appear to demean women I don't really think that they really do, but to me, restaurant eating should be about food. These places are not known to have good food or even a niche food like healthy eating, or gluten-free, veggies, or any type of meat. Hell, they're not known for specialty drinks, cheap beer, freebies (like bottomless fries or endless breadsticks), etc etc etc.

If the only reason to go there is so that a girl will talk to you without you having to date/marry her, then that's not good enough for me. But, maybe it's good enough for you :P

KantoSooner
3/28/2013, 02:01 PM
They talk?

Scott D
3/28/2013, 02:45 PM
Women secretly like the Tilted Kilt, that is all.

tator
3/28/2013, 02:47 PM
I've never gone to Hooters, Twin Peaks, or any other "breastraunt." And to the contrary, I've actually heard that their business is not booming, but rather... sagging? (http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/03/08/17226299-hooters-is-chasing-women-as-customers?lite)

I'm not against going to those places because while they appear to demean women I don't really think that they really do, but to me, restaurant eating should be about food. These places are not known to have good food or even a niche food like healthy eating, or gluten-free, veggies, or any type of meat. Hell, they're not known for specialty drinks, cheap beer, freebies (like bottomless fries or endless breadsticks), etc etc etc.

If the only reason to go there is so that a girl will talk to you without you having to date/marry her, then that's not good enough for me. But, maybe it's good enough for you :P

You're not exactly the target demographic :)

And Hooters has found themselves in a second-class to Twin Peaks, etc....

badger
3/28/2013, 02:48 PM
You're not exactly the target demographic :)

And Hooters has found themselves in a second-class to Twin Peaks, etc....

I know I'm not the target, but the link in my post seems to suggest that they're trying to expand to women customers now too, not just men/boys.

It's not a bad marketing strategy -- if you target only men/boys, you're missing out on 50 percent of the population.

Scott D
3/28/2013, 02:50 PM
I know I'm not the target, but the link in my post seems to suggest that they're trying to expand to women customers now too, not just men/boys.

It's not a bad marketing strategy -- if you target only men/boys, you're missing out on 50 percent of the population.

Tilted Kilt is ahead of that curve already.

KantoSooner
3/28/2013, 03:06 PM
There are bars in Tokyo where they stack sushi on the naked bodies of young women and then you eat off of them like plates.
It's possible to almost destroy an entire sushi platter by aggressively mixing wasabi with shoyu in a young lady's navel.

Not cheap, but when one's head office says, "Show us something we haven't seen before, but nothing disgusting," you can throw down with complete confidence.

OUmillenium
3/29/2013, 09:52 AM
TTIWWP

C&CDean
3/29/2013, 10:32 AM
Never been a fan of Hooters or any other tit joint.

Everything reeks of fake to me. Fake titties. Fake tans. Fake looking nylon-covered legs. Orange. Fake chicks with fake personalities.

BWW has better wings anyhow.

KABOOKIE
3/29/2013, 01:49 PM
Heh boy. Back in El Deano's prime, brestaurants served three course meals and the third course was intercourse.

KantoSooner
3/29/2013, 02:41 PM
Dean, Can I help it if my heart goes out to those poor little girls? They are trying so hard and face a lifetime of knowing they failed your lofty standards. I weep for them, I really do. Every time I see one of them, I am overcome with an urge to give her a big hug, hold her close and comfort her by telling her it will all be okay and that I am always there to brighten her spirits and help divert her from the crushing realization that she's destined for a life of inconsequential congress with a long string of hard young men who care not for her intellect, but only for her impossibly perky 'peaks'. That all she has to look forward to is being driven relentlessy, in the manner of Anna Karenina by Count Vronsky, thru an endlessly variegated climactic landscape that will leave her utterly spent, but, alas, no closer to your ideal.
It's a hell of a thing.

Soonerjeepman
3/29/2013, 03:56 PM
fun to look at and the food has gotten better at Hooters....actually GF loves their wings! lol

just like a strip bar though, they play all coy with ya tryin to get a bigger tip. meh~

C&CDean
3/29/2013, 09:52 PM
Dean, Can I help it if my heart goes out to those poor little girls? They are trying so hard and face a lifetime of knowing they failed your lofty standards. I weep for them, I really do. Every time I see one of them, I am overcome with an urge to give her a big hug, hold her close and comfort her by telling her it will all be okay and that I am always there to brighten her spirits and help divert her from the crushing realization that she's destined for a life of inconsequential congress with a long string of hard young men who care not for her intellect, but only for her impossibly perky 'peaks'. That all she has to look forward to is being driven relentlessy, in the manner of Anna Karenina by Count Vronsky, thru an endlessly variegated climactic landscape that will leave her utterly spent, but, alas, no closer to your ideal.
It's a hell of a thing.

If your tongue was as velvety smooth as your fingertips I'd **** you right this very minute. Hell, I'd let you **** me.

I'm all about pretty girls/women. I just want them semi-normal/real. Nothing says "plastic/fake/not sexy/not even a little bit/less than a labrador retriever in menopause" to me more than a chick with fake hooters wearing granny-style 1/2 inch thick opaque panty hose and orange drawers. Fakey crap just ain't my thing.

Scott D
3/29/2013, 10:09 PM
Tilted
Kilt.

soonerstan56
3/30/2013, 06:14 PM
I went to the Norman Hooters when it was open once.
The food was much better than I expected but the service was awful.
I never returned.

Stan