PDA

View Full Version : Why do we need to "Overhaul" our immigration system?

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 01:11 PM
Why do we "NEED to do something about Gun control?

Why in the F*** dont we just enforce the rules and Laws we already have?

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-calls-april-debate-immigration-155831322.html

yermom
3/25/2013, 01:16 PM
so you think the laws we have are working?

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 01:18 PM
so you think the laws we have are working?

I think they would if they were ENFORCED

yermom
3/25/2013, 01:22 PM
obviously something is wrong. they just aren't enforceable in their current state. who is going to pay for it?

do they make sense in the first place?

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 01:29 PM
obviously something is wrong. they just aren't enforceable in their current state. who is going to pay for it?

I think they may not be enforceable because NO ONE wants to enforce em.
The wealthy like the Cheap labor the Dems like the cheap votes, and everyone likes the cheap lettuce.:teapot:

yermom
3/25/2013, 01:35 PM
so the laws should better align with reality then

pphilfran
3/25/2013, 01:38 PM

If they are not enforced due to cost then we are in deep **** since all the laws that are being looked at will increase cost to audit....

How much will it cost to audit 10 million illegals on the Path to Citizenship? We will have to track their progress for many years....then we must round up the ones that fail the background check or those that fail to meet the expected standards to become citizens...and ship their asses home....

Will added background checks on gun purchases cost less?

KantoSooner
3/25/2013, 01:49 PM
Because what we have now aren't working. If it takes ten years to get a simple 'yes/no' answer, then the system is broken. If you can't get an answer on whether you can bring in the same group of seasonal laborers who you've been bringing in for harvest season since their grandparents used to do it, then the system is broken. If you have no damn idea whether or not a tourist who came in for a two week trip to Disneyland is still here, then the system is broken. If we deport kids in trade schools who have lived here all their lives and have caused no trouble....and keep criminals and gang members, then the system is broken.

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 02:01 PM
so the laws should better align with reality then

No, The Laws should be enforced. That simple.

yermom
3/25/2013, 02:04 PM
to what end?

pphilfran
3/25/2013, 02:06 PM
yermon...if we don't enforce the current basic immigration standards why should I expect an even more complicated system to suddenly become enforced?

pphilfran
3/25/2013, 02:13 PM
If you don't enforce your current plans how will you ever know what is working and what is failing?

First thing I would do is put together an E Verify type system....

pphilfran
3/25/2013, 02:21 PM
This is just like all the other problem we have....SS, Medicare/aid, deficit spending, and the debt....we wait so gawd damn long that the more correctable Pit Bull size problem is now a nut eatin' 800 lb gorilla....and nobody has balls enough to climb the fence and wrestle that mofo under control....

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 02:34 PM
to what end?

Zachery IF we aint gonna enforce what we have, Why waste time an money making New rules.

BermudaSooner
3/25/2013, 02:42 PM
I am currently in the process of hiring a British national who is a PHD in Math to fill a position. The amount of lawyers and hassle and expense for this is ridiculous...and I probably won't be sure he can be a long term employee for at least 18 months. I'm up to my *** in paperwork--H1B1 this and green card that...I'm sure my legal fees will exceed $10k, and this is for someone that checks pretty much every box. British...very highly educated...great experience.

This can't be the way things are supposed to work....unless the lawyers got together to make it as complicated as possible just so they'd have another way to collect fees....

jkjsooner
3/25/2013, 03:00 PM
If you don't enforce your current plans how will you ever know what is working and what is failing?

Wouldn't E Verify be something new? Wouldn't it require new laws and/or regulations?

KantoSooner
3/25/2013, 03:09 PM
I am currently in the process of hiring a British national who is a PHD in Math to fill a position. The amount of lawyers and hassle and expense for this is ridiculous...and I probably won't be sure he can be a long term employee for at least 18 months. I'm up to my *** in paperwork--H1B1 this and green card that...I'm sure my legal fees will exceed $10k, and this is for someone that checks pretty much every box. British...very highly educated...great experience.

This can't be the way things are supposed to work....unless the lawyers got together to make it as complicated as possible just so they'd have another way to collect fees....

Welcome to our immigration 'system'. You have my sympathy. Last year, I spent a painful three months getting a visa for a Malaysian (ethnic Chinese) Phd in food starches to come do a seminar on tapioca. The guy had a round trip ticket, a wife and three kids back home (along with a tenured professorship) and had gotten the Phd at LSU 25 years ago. And we still had to go through the third degree for him to come, spend a weekend playing golf and then make a speech and go home.
There must be a very high penalty for saying 'yes' inside ICE.

pphilfran
3/25/2013, 03:13 PM
Wouldn't E Verify be something new? Wouldn't it require new laws and/or regulations?
It is out there but is half ***...

I would consider an upgrade as something new....

This thing is going to cost a ****pot full of money no matter the direction we take....

A usable E Verify system and fines on those that hire undocumented workers would go a long way to solving the problem...
The Green Card system is slow and probably far too cumbersome...I don't know if I like San's kiosk plan but a more streamlined system needs to be looked at...

pphilfran
3/25/2013, 03:16 PM
Welcome to our immigration 'system'. You have my sympathy. Last year, I spent a painful three months getting a visa for a Malaysian (ethnic Chinese) Phd in food starches to come do a seminar on tapioca. The guy had a round trip ticket, a wife and three kids back home (along with a tenured professorship) and had gotten the Phd at LSU 25 years ago. And we still had to go through the third degree for him to come, spend a weekend playing golf and then make a speech and go home.
There must be a very high penalty for saying 'yes' inside ICE.

That dude got a free golfing vacation and compensation for talking about tapioca?

5thYearSooner
3/25/2013, 03:17 PM
The Green Card system is slow and probably far too cumbersome

Winner!

KantoSooner
3/25/2013, 03:32 PM
That dude got a free golfing vacation and compensation for talking about tapioca?

Yup. Tapioca is hot my friend. You can look for it to stand in for corn starch in your favorite foods any day now, 'cause corn is no longer cheap enough to feed to chickens. So to speak.

pphilfran
3/25/2013, 03:36 PM
Yup. Tapioca is hot my friend. You can look for it to stand in for corn starch in your favorite foods any day now, 'cause corn is no longer cheap enough to feed to chickens. So to speak.

I didn't realize that chickens liked tapioca pudding....

Was there no other PHD in the US that had similar expertise on chickens, tapioca, and puddin'?

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 03:39 PM

I been feedin about 200 lbs a week to the Deer in my yard
there were 14 out there the other day

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 03:40 PM

Was there no other PHD in the US that had similar expertise on chickens, tapioca, and puddin'?

Hell I'd of made some shat up for a lot less than that dude cost.

pphilfran
3/25/2013, 03:53 PM
Immigration officer "What is your reason for entry? Business or pleasure?"
Chinaman "Business"
Immigration officer "What type of business?
Chinaman "Conference on chickens, tapioca, and pudding."
Immigration officer "What?"

KantoSooner
3/25/2013, 04:21 PM

No, Silly. The tapioca is being used, for instance, to substitute for corn starch in fried chicken batter. (and as a filler in hot dogs, as an energy source for brewing, etc etc). This is due for one because of the increased cost of corn based products because of the drought. Tapioca is also getting good press in the nuitritional journals. So there's increased demand there as well.
Why Malaysia guy? They grow a lot of it (along with Brazil, Thailand, etc) and he was the industry association over there's choice. And I'm all about kissing their butts right now when I can foresee sharply increased demand...and we don't have a domestic source.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/25/2013, 04:22 PM

Now Phil, that would be reforming the law. Olevet has ruled that out.

pphilfran
3/25/2013, 04:31 PM

The first thing that should be done is to find out if you are doing what you say you are doing..and in this case we are not so no ISO or QS certification on our immigration policy....

Our leadership is good at making things so complicated and convoluted that it is impossible to insure compliance...

SanJoaquinSooner
3/25/2013, 04:50 PM
The first thing that should be done is to find out if you are doing what you say you are doing..and in this case we are not so no ISO or QS certification on our immigration policy....

Our leadership is good at making things so complicated and convoluted that it is impossible to insure compliance...

Sounds East Germanish

pphilfran
3/25/2013, 04:56 PM
Sounds East Germanish

It goes back to ISO and QS....

We do this...

How do you know you are doing that?

We audit for compliance and continuous improvement...

KantoSooner
3/25/2013, 05:08 PM
May we see the records?

Your files, sir, we must have your files.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/25/2013, 05:39 PM
May we see the records?

Your files, sir, we must have your files.

Or maybe they can just place a gov't spy in every business.

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 06:49 PM

jaun, I aint ruled out shat.
Im simply sayin why the F*** should we OVER haul sompun thats never been made to even SEE if it would work?

Its all TALK , NO ONE on any side of this really wants to MAKE it werk.They just want to blow smoke up the Voters asses, and make em think they being paid Tention to.

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 06:51 PM
Or maybe they can just place a gov't spy in every business.

Make the penalty stiff enough for hiring the Illegals and they wont be gettin any jobs. Make their Kids NON citizens IF they are here Illeagaly and they wont be trying to sneak across just to Domino HERE.

Turd_Ferguson
3/25/2013, 06:55 PM
Juan is pro La Raza...

SanJoaquinSooner
3/25/2013, 09:19 PM
jaun, I aint ruled out shat.
Im simply sayin why the F*** should we OVER haul sompun thats never been made to even SEE if it would work?

Its all TALK , NO ONE on any side of this really wants to MAKE it werk.They just want to blow smoke up the Voters asses, and make em think they being paid Tention to.

Vet, one of my grandmas wondered why they repealed prohibition. If they had just enforced the law, maybe it would have worked.

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 09:22 PM
Vet, one of my grandmas wondered why they repealed prohibition. If they had just enforced the law, maybe it would have worked.

Not MY POINT jaun

My point is simply WHY in the **** Overhaul something you aint makeing to work NOW with something else that you aint gonna MAKE work
Leave it the **** alone. Why continue wastin money on the crap?

Ether ENFORCE the Laws or get rid of em entirely .

cleller
3/25/2013, 09:27 PM
Two questions:

If "Chinaman" looks like "cinnamon" to me, am I dyslexic?

Is Chinaman an insensitive term now? If so, is Englishman also?

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 09:42 PM
Two questions:

If "Chinaman" looks like "cinnamon" to me, am I dyslexic?

Is Chinaman an insensitive term now? If so, is Englishman also?

You can call a Gook anything, it aint offensive to Hop Sing.

okiewaker
3/25/2013, 09:43 PM
Vet, same reason we need VAWA. Aynt laws against assaulting women,,,til VAWA. Get wid the program! :confused:

olevetonahill
3/25/2013, 09:44 PM
Vet, same reason we need VAWA. Aynt laws against assaulting women,,,til VAWA. Get wid the program! :confused:

VAWA? is that some new term fer a wimmens WhoHaw?