PDA

View Full Version : Armanti Foreman

Ruf/Nek7
3/25/2013, 11:38 AM
Just watched an interview of this kid from rivals camp in Texas and I don't like what I heard and saw. Basically, what I am pulling away from this is that the kid committed to OU because we were first to offer. Now he is getting offers from other top programs and long story short, this kid is going to end up either a whorn or aggy. Mark my words, he will NOT sign his LOI with OU come next February.

The kid has yet to visit Norman and has had excuse after excuse for not making it to visits he has planned. I hate to be a negative nancy about this but I am just preparing to make a move without him.

Also, please note that i am not calling for a complete fallout of the class. I am only talking one recruit at a position that we have no problem recruiting.

Soonerjeepman
3/25/2013, 11:45 AM
I honestly don't believe a Jr will end up here unless he has shown he's followed OU all his life and it's his dream school...even then who knows. It is what it is...

Herr Scholz
3/26/2013, 02:07 PM
OU is still his #1 but he's shopping around. Sounds like he's fishing for an offer for his twin brother D'Onta who doesn't have any offers yet. I think the first school out of OU/UT/A&M that offers both of them wins.

WR Amanti Foreman of Texas City will make his third visit to Austin this weekend for the spring game. He recaps his unofficial to UT last Saturday (OrangeBloods):

"We have a sophomore, D'Vonta Hinton, on my team that is just getting his name out there, and Texas heard about him and wanted him to come," Foreman said. "So since we went to the same school, they wanted us to come with him to see them again and see the school again."

"Basically, we did everything we did for the Junior Day," Foreman said. "So I got to talk to coach Darrell Wyatt a lot. I talked to Mack Brown when he found out I was there and his wife. I talked to Major Applewhite after the day was ending. I talked to him a while. I talked to everyone … they knew who I was. They remembered me from last visit."

"They were good conversations," stated the Oklahoma commitment. "Just talking about how I fit in and that they really want me and not to count them out. They know it's hard for me because my brother doesn't have the same offer but they were going to try to find a way. Telling me about the receiver spot and that they only have so many and they're going to need a whole lot more in the new offense. And that some of those receivers are leaving and they needed me to come in and hop in there and play. They were telling me about all the commitments and they still want me and that I have a good chance at playing early. I was really considering that. I'm still committed to OU but I'm still looking."

"Basically, they just told me they knew I wanted to play with him," said Foreman about the Texas coaches and his brother. "They were telling me they were trying to figure something out. They know he's a great athlete. The two positions he does play - running back and linebacker - they're stacked at. I don't know if they're going to look at him at another position. That's what we're waiting to see. I'm basically more interested in what's going on with my brother than me to be honest. I really want to play with my brother. OU has been telling me since day one they've been looking at my brother. It depends on what school comes with the first offer. If it was a lower school, I wouldn't consider it. But if it was another school I could go to or felt comfortable at, I'd definitely consider it."

"Honestly, I didn't know that they (Texas) were that low at receiver the first time I went," the Houston-area prospect said. "While we were eating, coach Wyatt came to talk to me and was just telling me. Now, I understand. He was talking to me about offense and how I would fit in it. That's what really stood out to me the most. They told me the last time I went there for junior day that they don't have that many receivers. I think they only had five scholarship guys that were practicing on Saturday. Mike Davis will be graduated by the time I get there and Jaxon (Shipley) will be a senior. They're really not that deep at receiver. They had always told me that I would play early in the spread offense and I'd be surrounded by a lot of talent there. I liked watching coach Wyatt … how he coaches and interacts with the players at practice. He's like the same person every time, never too high or too low. He's the same every time and that's what I like about him. Whatever is going on in a game or in practice I feel like he's going to be the same."

"Yes," responded Foreman when asked if the addition visit to Texas improved its status in his eyes. "Every time I [go] up there it catches my eye. I really like the campus and how the players interact. Basically, I'm just waiting to see what happens with my brother. If they (Texas) offered my brother, it would be looking real great for them. I don't know what they're going to do. OU is still my number one school and I'm committed to OU but I am looking around."

Widescreen
3/26/2013, 02:47 PM
IOW, as soon as Texas offers my brother, I'm gone.

GDC
3/26/2013, 08:48 PM
What exactly is the definition of the word committment? I don't think this guy has any idea what it means. I hope the OU coaches are still looking around also.

Scott D
3/28/2013, 02:48 PM
That's why I don't consider any player to ever be a commitment until National Signing Day. Saves the headache of people going gaga over verbal agreements.

Soonerjeepman
3/28/2013, 04:10 PM
"Basically, we did everything we did for the Junior Day," Foreman said. "So I got to talk to coach Darrell Wyatt a lot. I talked to Mack Brown when he found out I was there and his wife. I talked to Major Applewhite after the day was ending. I talked to him a while. I talked to everyone … they knew who I was. They remembered me from last visit."

"]"
ya don't say....IT'S THEIR JOB to know your name...some of these kids...wow.

picasso
3/28/2013, 05:37 PM
I got one of his suits from Kenny Bania. It's the best.
The best!

Herr Scholz
3/28/2013, 06:32 PM
The Foreman brothers are in Austin this weekend for our Spring game. We'll see if brother D'onta gets an offer from Mack.

8timechamps
3/29/2013, 01:38 PM
I agree with what was said above, it's a matter of his brother getting an offer. The problem is, his brother may not be talented enough to get an offer from either OU or Texas. If not, I think he'll end up at OU. If UT offers D'onta, then I think he'll flip.

Herr Scholz
4/1/2013, 10:55 AM
D'Onta didn't get an offer yet but Armanti's still working hard:

"I think I know more than what I did at first before the junior day," Foreman said. "Coach [Darrell] Wyatt has talked to me a lot about the offense and how it works. I've kept coming up here to try and build that relationship with the coaches."

"If Texas was to offer my brother I would probably come here," Armanti Foreman said. "If it was any other school then I'd really have to look at it."

Widescreen
4/2/2013, 10:49 AM
Landthieves is reporting that Foreman has decommitted but they didn't provide any links.

Scott D
4/2/2013, 12:05 PM
how'd that plan work out for Kirkendoll again?

Soonerjeepman
4/2/2013, 12:30 PM
espn has it as well, he de-committed Mon night...

ah well, we'll win with ya or without ya...

Herr Scholz
4/2/2013, 12:57 PM
He seems very interested in UT and has visited several times now. Don't know what the story is with his brother yet but something must be up with his decommitment from you guys. We've still got offers out to 3 other top WRs (Cannon, Leanord and Quinn) so not sure we should do a package deal yet but we'll see. We might be looking at D'Onta at LB or S. All the offers to WRs also might signify that Cayleb Jones might not be making it back after his arrest.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/2/2013, 02:09 PM
Texas City, meh... Probably has lots of problems from the concussion of the BP refinery explosion and all the fumes being put in the air from all the plants...

Curly Bill
4/2/2013, 02:14 PM
If this was KD Cannon who had committed and we were talking about I might be a bit bothered by it. This guy? Not so much.

Herr Scholz
4/2/2013, 05:11 PM
Quotes from the father of WR Armanti Foreman on the family's decision to de-commit from Oklahoma (HornsNation):

"It's nothing against the university," said Darreck Foreman, Armanti's father. "We did it in fairness to the University of Oklahoma, their fans, Coach [Bob] Stoops and Coach [Jay] Norvell, who has been absolutely wonderful."

"I spoke with Coach Norvell last night, and he has been informed that that was our decision. It's almost like being in a marriage. When you're committed, you're committed. You're not looking around, and right now, at 16 years old, these other schools are coming into play. I think we kind of made a rushed decision. I mean, it was Oklahoma. ... We just decided to step back and kind of open it up."

"He's (Armanti) building a relationship with that (Texas) coaching staff, and he and [receivers] Coach [Darrell] Wyatt are pretty close," Darreck Foreman said. "That's not at all to say that he's decided to go to UT. But he was up there looking at the sights. ... They've been showing him the offense and where he would fit in."

"The only way I don't see him playing with his brother is if, for whatever reason, D'Onta has to go a different route," Darreck Foreman said. "I don't see that happening."

"I want to make this clear -- Oklahoma by no means is out of the picture," Foreman said. "We really respect Oklahoma. We really respect Coach Norvell. This decision was made out of respect for them and what they brought to the table for us."

"I don't want people to think it's a slap in the face to Oklahoma."

Scott D
4/2/2013, 09:19 PM
meh, not concerned at all just like I wasn't with Kirkendoll.