PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having issues with TurboTax this year?

cleller
3/23/2013, 11:58 AM
I've used TurboTax for several years, and generally swear by it. I've always downloaded the program, and done my taxes on the computer. It seems that now they encourage working thru their website, probably a way to increase revenue.

This year I've had much more frustration than ever before. I can also find no way to view the actual forms like you could with the old program. Yesterday, my daughter called with a very messed up situation with her taxes using TurboTax. After about an hour of trying to figure out what was going wrong, she started over at HR Block. It went smoothly with no problems.

Right now I am unable to complete my state form, because I need at "NAICS code" from my federal form, which I cannot see at TurboTax. Getting a phone number to call was tough, and then I sat on hold until I gave up.

Guess I'll start over at HR Block.

reflector
3/23/2013, 02:38 PM
I can honestly say that I am not having issues with TurboTax this year.

StoopTroup
3/23/2013, 02:39 PM
No. I have a Tax Attorney.

cleller
3/23/2013, 03:53 PM
I finally resolved that the main issue is the online format. TD Ameritrade, where I have some accounts is heavily in bed with TurboTax, so I nixed the HR Block idea. Don't want any hitches importing 1099s. I bought and downloaded a copy of TurboTax on Amazon, and things are much smoother. You can view your forms with that.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/23/2013, 04:54 PM
I still use a TI-84 Plus.

nighttrain12
3/23/2013, 09:15 PM
I've been using TurboTax for about 10 years and things went smooth as usual this year. I always buy the hard disk at a store (WalMart or Target usually) during one of the weeks it is $10 off.

Flagstaffsooner
3/24/2013, 11:00 AM
No probs at all, luv Turbo-Tax.

Soonerjeepman
3/24/2013, 05:29 PM
no probs, except the frickin foreign income tax...one fund I have, I made a whopping $8 in FOREIGN money...tax - .45$...YES 45 CENTS. Besides that, not an issue. My brother who is/was a CPA, CEO of a 10 Mill dollar company, now a business adviser uses it - good enough for me.

landrun
3/26/2013, 08:13 PM
I've filed my taxes, but still can't get the forms to print. I don't remember sending in the forms on other years but I did get a message saying that you're required to send them in to the IRS. But this year, I can't print them or save them to my hard drive. :(

jkjsooner
3/27/2013, 04:01 PM
I used turbotax online and the printing of forms worked fine for me.

nighttrain12
3/28/2013, 10:12 PM
I've filed my taxes, but still can't get the forms to print. I don't remember sending in the forms on other years but I did get a message saying that you're required to send them in to the IRS. But this year, I can't print them or save them to my hard drive. :(

Open your return, click 'file' in the top left hand corner and you should have the 'save' and 'print' options.