PDA

View Full Version : Only Solution For Dumb Liberal Gun Laws... Dumber Liberal Gun Laws!!

sappstuf
3/22/2013, 05:21 AM
After the Newtown shooting New York state rushed to pass a law limiting magazines to 7 bullets in the state. The obvious problem is that 7 round magazines really don't exist.

From the NYTimes (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/nyregion/cuomo-seeks-to-ease-a-newly-passed-gun-restriction.html?_r=1&)

But after weeks of criticism from gun owners, Mr. Cuomo said on Wednesday that he would seek to ease the restriction, which he said had proved unworkable even before it was scheduled to take effect on April 15.

So they passed a self-admitted unworkable law. Common sense would dictate repealing the law. Ah, but not in the wold of Libs... They have a better idea! And by better, I mean dumber..

As a result, he said, he and legislative leaders were negotiating language that would continue to allow the sale of magazines holding up to 10 rounds, but still forbid New Yorkers from loading more than 7 rounds into those magazines.

I'm sure the criminal element is going to be mightly concerned about loading bullets 8-15...

Sandy Hook would have been averted if there would have been a law to only allow the loading of 7 bullets... We all agree to that premise... Right?

Dumb as ****.

pphilfran
3/22/2013, 07:18 AM
Classic

cleller
3/22/2013, 07:48 AM
What is really lost on most people is the absurdity of the whole situation. Because the criminal or nutjob that they are trying to thwart is not going to be deterred by any of these laws. He will steal, reload, or re-arm to accomplish his goals, which none of us can predict or understand.

So you pass a law saying you cannot load more than 7 rounds in your magazine. Obviously inane. You might as well just pass a law saying you won't use that gun to hurt someone who doesn't deserve it. Of course, we already have those laws, and they don't work, either.

The issue lies deeper inside our permissive and irresponsible society, and is not being addressed in any way.

Midtowner
3/22/2013, 08:13 AM
Seems to be pretty similar to the Oklahoma or North Dakota legislatures and their wacky abortion laws.

olevetonahill
3/22/2013, 08:19 AM
Seems to be pretty similar to the Oklahoma or North Dakota legislatures and their wacky abortion laws.

You just cant help yerselve can ya?

sappstuf
3/22/2013, 08:50 AM
I'm sure this will give Bloomberg an idea. You can still buy a Big Gulp, you just can't put more than 16 ounces in it....

Curly Bill
3/22/2013, 09:36 AM
I'm sure this will give Bloomberg an idea. You can still buy a Big Gulp, you just can't put more than 16 ounces in it....

LOL

okie52
3/22/2013, 10:04 AM

Don't forget about hiding the nicotine.

New York mayor's proposal to require stores to hide cigarettes stirs objections from readers
By Sue Thoms | [email protected]
on March 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM Print

A proposal by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to require stores to keep cigarettes out of sight stirred up a discussion about individual rights and tobacco addictions.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/03/new_york_mayors_proposal_to_re.html

Bourbon St Sooner
3/22/2013, 10:10 AM
So if you've got 10 in your clip you better not just stop at capping 2 people. Or maybe put a second bullet in one of em.

SoonerBBall
3/22/2013, 10:18 AM

I think it is pretty clear his point is that we could apply this same logic in this thread to a thread titled "Only Solution for Dumb Conservative Abortion Laws... Dumber Conservative Abortion Laws".

For my money, both the stupid gun laws and the stupid abortion laws need to be shot down entirely.

olevetonahill
3/22/2013, 10:21 AM
I think it is pretty clear his point is that we could apply this same logic in this thread to a thread titled "Only Solution for Dumb Conservative Abortion Laws... Dumber Conservative Abortion Laws".

For my money, both the stupid gun laws and the stupid abortion laws need to be shot down entirely.

SoonerBBall
3/22/2013, 10:26 AM

Trying to read your posts makes my eyes want to bleed.

olevetonahill
3/22/2013, 10:28 AM
Trying to read your posts makes my eyes want to bleed.

Heh, Theres a cure fer that.

SoonerBBall
3/22/2013, 10:29 AM
Heh, Theres a cure fer that.

I don't put people on ignore unless they are clearly trolls. I don't think you're a troll. I think you write like a troll on purpose, though. I shudder to think at the alternative.

olevetonahill
3/22/2013, 10:32 AM
I don't put people on ignore unless they are clearly trolls. I don't think you're a troll. I think you write like a troll on purpose, though. I shudder to think at the alternative.

:cheerful:

Midtowner
3/22/2013, 10:53 AM

It shouldn't really need to be explained, but some are, as they would put it, "morans."

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2013, 11:02 AM
I saw this on Sig Forum...They were having a hey day with this one. Cuomo is so ****ing stupid in his rush to ban liberty's that they pass laws that is impossible to enforce or regulate. Typical Progressive. Pass some **** and we will sort it out after we have passed the bill to read it...Pelosi anyone??? I hope the "morans" get their *** handed to them in court...