PDA

View Full Version : Brian Bosworth is doing another movie

badger
3/21/2013, 11:21 AM
I'm only letting you know BECAUSE OFFSEASON (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx?Brian_Bosworth_will_be_in_Tulsa_for_Reve lation_Road_film_premiere/29-19540)

Josh McManus (David A.R. White) is traveling salesman who finds himself up against an attempted robbery, a biker gang and its leader, Hawg (Bosworth) in a fight for what may be McManus’ soul. He wonders if the rapture is upon him.

If that synopsis isn't weird and confusing enough, here's a trailer:
osp-Z35eZrw

BECAUSE OFFSEASON

Lott's Bandana
3/21/2013, 11:44 AM
Christian production it seems.

Eric Roberts sighting as well...

TheUnnamedSooner
3/21/2013, 01:39 PM
He's been going all over OK for the viewings.

8timechamps
3/21/2013, 03:08 PM
I've always thought the Boz could work on Sons of Anarchy.

mojorisen2014
3/21/2013, 03:54 PM
Its out on dvd as well.

badger
3/21/2013, 03:58 PM
Its out on dvd as well.

Already? Is it one of those direct-to-disc releases I guess?

Widescreen
3/21/2013, 04:12 PM
It's available on Netflix instant watch.

nighttrain12
3/21/2013, 09:49 PM
I'm holding out for Stone Cold 2.

nighttrain12
3/21/2013, 10:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Bosworth

Oooh look! He'll (apparently) be in The Expendables 3, out in 2014! Though he'll likely have a minor role, it could be the biggest film he ever appeared in!

badger
3/22/2013, 08:16 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Bosworth

Oooh look! He'll (apparently) be in The Expendables 3, out in 2014! Though he'll likely have a minor role, it could be the biggest film he ever appeared in!

Offseason 2014? Cuz I'll totally start another thread next spring/summer if so :D

BECAUSE OFFSEASON

beached_sooner
3/22/2013, 10:45 AM
I thought he was selling real estate in Malibu, CA for one of the really hoidy-toidy real estate firms (e.g., Sotheby's ???) ?

High end real-estate market too slow these days?

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2013, 11:06 AM
Didn't Boz find Jesus recently? I saw something about his testimony?

Seamus
3/22/2013, 11:41 AM
Christian production it seems.

Eric Roberts sighting as well...

Viggo Mortensen in ...

A History of Bible

BoomerJ
3/22/2013, 01:41 PM
And Sting without the paint.

badger
3/22/2013, 02:43 PM
I thought he was selling real estate in Malibu, CA for one of the really hoidy-toidy real estate firms (e.g., Sotheby's ???) ?

High end real-estate market too slow these days?

He reportedly had to drop his asking price a few times. I'm not sure if it's the real estate market or wealthy people getting sick of California's sh!t.

His house out there also had a few episodes of The OC filmed there :)

Flagstaffsooner
3/22/2013, 04:26 PM
And we give the whorns $hit about VY.:disillusionment:

8timechamps
3/23/2013, 06:57 PM

I tried to watch it last night. Tried.

It's bad. Actually, I thought the Boz did pretty good (although I didn't watch it all, so he could have been bad later in the movie). Whoever the lead actor is....is terrible. There's something about him that I couldn't get past.

It's someone else's turn to give it a try and report back to us.

mojorisen2014
3/23/2013, 07:49 PM

It's bad. Actually, I thought the Boz did pretty good (although I didn't watch it all, so he could have been bad later in the movie). Whoever the lead actor is....is terrible. There's something about him that I couldn't get past.

You are going to hell.

KantoSooner
3/25/2013, 09:02 AM
The Boz should team up with Machete and make a buddy movie in which a Mexican and a Texan go kick *** on North Korea. Why, you ask? You should rather ask, 'Why Not?'

There's shekel to be made there, folks, mark my words.

badger
3/25/2013, 09:16 AM

NP is going outta town this weekend. I'll give an effort then unless someone else takes one for team SF.com before then

sooneron
3/25/2013, 09:44 AM
He reportedly had to drop his asking price a few times. I'm not sure if it's the real estate market or wealthy people getting sick of California's sh!t.

Actually, it's more like the Californian's got tired of Boz's ****. I know two people that live there and they said he was not well liked in Malibu. He tried to get free meals with the "Don't you know who I am?" line etc. No one cared.

beached_sooner
3/25/2013, 09:57 AM
Actually, it's more like the Californian's got tired of Boz's ****. I know two people that live there and they said he was not well liked in Malibu. He tried to get free meals with the "Don't you know who I am?" line etc. No one cared.

That will never fly in SoCal for a has-been like Boz. There are just too many A-list, and B-list celebs here for anyone to even remotely remember who he is. If he wants to try to be "big man on campus" he needs to go back to Dallas (or wherever he went to high school) and try that act there.

C'mon, SoCal is busy keeping up with the Kardashians, and Lindsay Lohan's latest rehab failures. Unless you're a Sooner alum./fan, or a very forgiving Seattle fan, the name "Bosworth" means nothing here.

badger
3/25/2013, 10:06 AM
That will never fly in SoCal for a has-been like Boz. There are just too many A-list, and B-list celebs here for anyone to even remotely remember who he is. If he wants to try to be "big man on campus" he needs to go back to Dallas (or wherever he went to high school) and try that act there.

He could probably pull that act in Norman too. I doubt anyone forgets who The Boz is around Sooner Nation :)

SoCal is probably used to people saying "Don't you know who I am?" to the point that it's another way of saying "hello"

sooneron
3/25/2013, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure that Norman is the ONLY place where he could pull that. And it would still get old, fast.

I Am Right
3/25/2013, 01:54 PM
Sounds Good!!

Widescreen
3/25/2013, 02:40 PM
So I watched the movie this weekend on Netflix. I've seen worse movies but not too many. It's really a weird combination of Christian-based and thug biker movie. Bikers? Really? Can't remember the last time I heard of bikers causing a bunch of problems. I have more problem with bicyclers holding up traffic. Bosworth was pretty blah - he didn't have much to do and had pretty much one expression and tone the whole movie. The most laughable part was the rapture scene toward the end. It's the slowest rapture I've ever seen portrayed (or read about). I actually LOL'd. And good news: It's apparently just part 1 in a series of movies!

BermudaSooner
3/25/2013, 02:46 PM
What's it called?

Widescreen
3/25/2013, 03:14 PM
Revelation Road

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2412746/?ref_=sr_1

Widescreen
3/25/2013, 03:16 PM
By the way, I was trying to figure out who Bosworth's character reminded me of. I've decided that he's channeling Leonard Smalls from Raising Arizona, but not in an interesting way.

picasso
3/27/2013, 05:41 PM
Good quote from him in the Oklahoman at Steve Davis' funeral. So he's making low grade movies and such. Dude was a stud at OU and I personally know a SS that started here and was one of Bosworth's best friends. He said he was a good guy. Roids will make you an angry type. I used to play pickup basketball with a former oSu tight end who was juicing up whilst playing pro football in Canada. He was a mean bastard but nice as ever when he got off the science.

God bless Bosworth.

nativesooner
3/27/2013, 06:31 PM
I've got to hang with Boz a couple of times and he's a real laid back and cool guy.

Therealsouthsider
4/1/2013, 10:40 PM
I know two people in Malibu and they love the Boz...lick on that

ss

MI Sooner
4/2/2013, 10:52 AM

Yes, I'm sure everyone in the market for Malibu real estate, undoubtedly including many who don't know who the owner is, is willing to leave hundreds of thousands if not millions on the table by foregoing the purchase of a below-market price property to stick it to some ex-jock who two people you know says isn't well liked.

sooneron
4/3/2013, 08:48 PM
Yes, I'm sure everyone in the market for Malibu real estate, undoubtedly including many who don't know who the owner is, is willing to leave hundreds of thousands if not millions on the table by foregoing the purchase of a below-market price property to stick it to some ex-jock who two people you know says isn't well liked.

Put away your jump to conclusions mat, there slappy. Where the **** did I say that? 11:52 is a little early to be drinking, unless you're 'vet. The people that I know have lived there for a long assed time and have a decent knowledge of what is going on there. Sure, let your blind love of Boz tell you I must be lying. :rolleyes: Cuz, you know I have so much to gain by posting this, being a Sooner fan and all. By the way genius, he's not the seller, he was the Realtor.

sooneron
4/3/2013, 08:49 PM
I know two people in Malibu

No you don't.