PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hitter In NCAA Softball History

HateTheWhorns
3/20/2013, 02:36 PM
Lauren Chamberlain? She's on pace to be.

Approaching the halfway point of her Sophmore season, here are her accomplishments:

1) Batting Average - #1 in Div 1 at .507
2) Home Runs - #1 in Div 1 at 16
3) Slugging Percentage - #1 in Div 1 at 1.282
4) Runs Per Game - #1 in Div 1 at 1.57
5) On-Base Percentage - #2 in Div 1 at .670
6) Walks per Game - #2 in Div 1 at 1.14

She has hit 46 HRs in 92 games as a leadoff hitter. The NCAA record is 90. She is on pace to hit over 120 if she stays healthy.

It is also worth noting that our two starting pitchers are #1 (Gascoigne) and #2 (Ricketts) in ERA for all of Div 1.

There are no fewer than 6 all-american caliber players on this team (Schultz, Ricketts, Gascoigne, Chamberlain, Casey, and Pendley).

If you haven't been paying attention to this squad you should be. If the chips fall right this season, it could go down as one of the greatest teams of all-time.:disillusionment:

tycat947
3/20/2013, 04:19 PM
Totally agree! They are good!

8timechamps
3/20/2013, 08:31 PM
I'm bad about waiting until the conference tournament to really start paying attention, but I know this is a special team.

Thanks for the info! Now, I'll start watching a little closer.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/20/2013, 08:34 PM
Yew GO, Patti Gasso's!!!

StoopTroup
3/24/2013, 07:00 AM
Greatest Hitler? I'm going to need to do some research.....

rock on sooner
3/24/2013, 09:24 AM
Lauren Chamberlain? She's on pace to be.

Approaching the halfway point of her Sophmore season, here are her accomplishments:

1) Batting Average - #1 in Div 1 at .507
2) Home Runs - #1 in Div 1 at 16
3) Slugging Percentage - #1 in Div 1 at 1.282
4) Runs Per Game - #1 in Div 1 at 1.57
5) On-Base Percentage - #2 in Div 1 at .670
6) Walks per Game - #2 in Div 1 at 1.14

She has hit 46 HRs in 92 games as a leadoff hitter. The NCAA record is 90. She is on pace to hit over 120 if she stays healthy.

It is also worth noting that our two starting pitchers are #1 (Gascoigne) and #2 (Ricketts) in ERA for all of Div 1.

There are no fewer than 6 all-american caliber players on this team (Schultz, Ricketts, Gascoigne, Chamberlain, Casey, and Pendley).

If you haven't been paying attention to this squad you should be. If the chips fall right this season, it could go down as one of the greatest teams of all-time.:disillusionment:

I really enjoy softball. I'm ticked about it not being in the Olympics
and I search often on Directv looking for OUr Sooners...wish it was
on TV more...the Sooners are REALLY special!!!!

JoeR
3/24/2013, 11:48 AM
You can watch most of the home games online at www.soonersports.tv
Including yesterdays double header. Todays game was canceled due to weather.

Sooner95
3/24/2013, 01:10 PM
Good info. I knew they were doing well this year but not THAT well. Time to give the ladies their due.

SoonerMarkVA
3/24/2013, 02:26 PM
It'll be a season of destiny if they get a chance to mudstomp 'Bama for the championship.

HateTheWhorns
6/6/2013, 10:08 AM
Congrats to our Sooner women. Had the pressure to win it all for the entire season and came through........no easy task! All of the ESPN talking heads (former players from years gone by) agreed that this was the best "put together" team they have ever seen and would put them at the top of their list (ahead of the best Arizona and UCLA teams of yesteryear) of greatest teams.

A well deserved honor and recognition for Coach Gasso, her staff, and players.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/6/2013, 01:01 PM
Congrats to our Sooner women. Had the pressure to win it all for the entire season and came through........no easy task! All of the ESPN talking heads (former players from years gone by) agreed that this was the best "put together" team they have ever seen and would put them at the top of their list (ahead of the best Arizona and UCLA teams of yesteryear) of greatest teams.

A well deserved honor and recognition for Coach Gasso, her staff, and players.ditto congrats, girls.

Lott's Bandana
6/6/2013, 02:27 PM
It'll be a season of destiny if they get a chance to mudstomp 'Bama for the championship.

Almost as good. We beat the team that eliminated 'em.

Kudos to Tennessee for not getting run-ruled. Fact is, that is pretty impressive.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/6/2013, 02:45 PM
Almost as good. We beat the team that eliminated 'em.

Kudos to Tennessee for not getting run-ruled. Fact is, that is pretty impressive.

That is impressive. They went 2-0 against the Sooners in not getting run ruled. Only a few teams can claim that.