PDA

View Full Version : Ready for Tornado Weather

ouwasp
3/18/2013, 11:44 PM
No, I don't want any of those stupid twisters around.But every yr about this time I'm sick and tired of damp, cold, British-like weather. With a tornado watch that means anything you figure it's at least gonna be 75-78 outside.

If and when those tornadoes drop down, here's hoping they'll be out in the middle of nowhere, say, rural Osage County. And in the meantime we can enjoy some decent temps.

:gary:

olevetonahill
3/19/2013, 12:05 AM
They Hit when and where they want. I just hope no one gets hurt.

ouwasp
3/19/2013, 12:41 AM
Isn't that the truth. I just finished reading When the Sirens Were Silent a few weeks ago about that terrible Joplin F-5. What a nightmare...

olevetonahill
3/19/2013, 01:41 AM
Isn't that the truth. I just finished reading When the Sirens Were Silent a few weeks ago about that terrible Joplin F-5. What a nightmare...

Ive been thru 2 of em. Not real big and bad but enough to Skeer me a bit.

pphilfran
3/19/2013, 06:39 AM
Ive been thru 2 of em. Not real big and bad but enough to Skeer me a bit.

Over the years I have had a half dozen or so come within a couple miles of my house....

Worst was when I was in Tennessee...lightening banging down all around, dozens of booming strikes...sirens blaring...being the redneck I was on the front porch taking in the view and then the power went off...then the freight train sound....only time I wished I had a hidey hole...took refuge in the bathtub, *** in the air....trashed a John Deere store about a mile from home....

Lott's Bandana
3/19/2013, 08:18 AM
They seem to have moved East in the last few years...

KantoSooner
3/20/2013, 04:14 PM
If and when those tornadoes drop down, here's hoping they'll be out in the middle of nowhere, say, rural Osage County. And in the meantime we can enjoy some decent temps.

Hey! That's ME you're talking about there! And although we've got an awesome hidey hole, I like my roof JUST THE WAY IT IS. Now, Kansas, THERE'S a place for massive F8 tornados. Nothing there to damage, anyway.

East Coast Bias
3/20/2013, 05:33 PM
If it makes you feel any better we just got another 10 inches of snow last night up here in New Hampshire. 80 inches total for the year.No sign of Spring yet.

Chuck Bao
3/20/2013, 05:51 PM
My cousin was walking home from classes at Southern Miss in Hattiesburg last month and had to hunker down in a roadside ditch. After reading his crazy story, I just had to ask why he, a university student with all that education and cellphone with weather applications and hourly weather updates, didn't know that a major storm was barrelling down his way. I mean gee in southern Oklahoma we have the Weather Girls on facebook who post all of the updates from the official sites and their own front porch observations. I don't even feel like I have to go out and look anymore because they're out there doing that brave redneck thing for me.

olevetonahill
3/20/2013, 05:56 PM
Face Book? where?
hell I dont really watch the weather on TeeVee or even bother lookin out. If its gonna hit then its gonna hit.

Chuck Bao
3/20/2013, 06:11 PM
The facebook Weather Girls probably wouldn't make you a sammich, Olevet, even if there was a baloney, cheese, bread, mustard storm, but I guess you could still ask based on the same principle "if it is gonna hit, it is gonna hit".

olevetonahill
3/20/2013, 06:14 PM
The facebook Weather Girls probably wouldn't make you a sammich, Olevet, even if there was a baloney, cheese, bread, mustard storm, but I guess you could still ask based on the same principle "if it is gonna hit, it is gonna hit".

Heh, I dont get on FB much didnt know there was weather girls there. Where are they? Link?

Chuck Bao
3/20/2013, 06:28 PM
Heh, I dont get on FB much didnt know there was weather girls there. Where are they? Link?

They're a nebulous bunch. I thought every town in Oklahoma had the Weather Girls One of ours promises to duct tape Tator, her husband, to the hood of her car and drive around warning everyone in case the city nator siren doesn't go off.

olevetonahill
3/20/2013, 06:32 PM
They're a nebulous bunch. I thought every town in Oklahoma had the Weather Girls One of ours promises to duct tape Tator, her husband, to the hood of her car and drive around warning everyone in case the city nator siren doesn't go off.

Heh, Never heard of em. Oh well. My Ex DIL told me the other day about the Yard Sale deal on there.

8timechamps
3/20/2013, 07:01 PM
No, I don't want any of those stupid twisters around.But every yr about this time I'm sick and tired of damp, cold, British-like weather. With a tornado watch that means anything you figure it's at least gonna be 75-78 outside.

I miss the Oklahoma weather, and I've been gone for over 15 years. I don't miss the tornadoes, but I do miss the thunderstorms.

I would imagine anyone that grew up in Oklahoma has a story or two about severe weather.

Lott's Bandana
3/21/2013, 11:16 AM
I miss the Oklahoma weather, and I've been gone for over 15 years. I don't miss the tornadoes, but I do miss the thunderstorms.

I would imagine anyone that grew up in Oklahoma has a story or two about severe weather.

You wouldn't miss today.

Cloudy, mid-40s, wind running about a steady 30 with gusts blowing my welcome mats down the street...

ouwasp
3/23/2013, 01:48 AM
Yeah, after my Nat'l Guard unit did a deployment to Great Britain way back when, ever time it's damp and cold for several days at a time I call it "$hittin' Britain" weather. I had to buy a couple of sweaters over there, and it was June!

This Spring Break week has had a Brit feel to it... <sigh> where are the tornado watches?