PDA

View Full Version : michael moore at it again...

Soonerjeepman
3/15/2013, 01:27 PM
what an idiot....

wants pics of Newtown Conn kids displayed to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

like the article says...posting his pic hasn't cured obesity.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/15/newtown-parents-residents-blast-moore-crime-scene-photo-proposal/

jkjsooner
3/16/2013, 05:45 PM
That's ridiculous. I think we can all imagine how horrific that scene was. I'm sure seeing it would have more of an emotional impact than just imagining it but we need to respect the privacy of those children and their families.

I for one hope I never accidentally see the pictures.

If there's anything positive I could say about that tragedy is that those kids might have died very quickly and while scared might have been too young to fully comprehend the situation.

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2013, 05:55 PM
I'd likely kill the bastard if he showed pics of mt dead child to score political points.

jkjsooner
3/16/2013, 05:56 PM
I would point out that this also disturbed me.

When Neil Heslin, whose son Jesse was among the victims, spoke at a Connecticut legislative hearing on gun control, he challenged those in attendance to explain why citizens should be allowed to own assault weapons.

“Not one person can answer that question,” he said, after beseeching the crowd to reply.

When a member of the audience answered: ”Second Amendment shall not be infringed,”

There's an appropriate time and place for everything. The person who spoke out about the second amendment needs to learn this. This was the father's time to speak and no good comes out of yelling an answer to a rhetorical question.

jkjsooner
3/16/2013, 07:13 PM
I'd likely kill the bastard if he showed pics of mt dead child to score political points.

I agree with everything except the use of the term "political points." He might be misguided and wrong but if his goal is to stop kids from being killed then I think saying he's trying to score political points is a little cynical.

okiewaker
3/16/2013, 08:12 PM

I agree with everything except the use of the term "political points." He might be misguided and wrong but if his goal is to stop kids from being killed then I think saying he's trying to score political points is a little cynical.

If he's trying to "stop kids from being killed" why ain't he trying to close down PP? They been killing kids fer MANY years.

cleller
3/16/2013, 10:05 PM
He should take his anguished tub of cellulite to Chicago and plead for them to listen to him.

Curly Bill
3/16/2013, 10:17 PM
He should take his anguished tub of cellulite to Chicago and plead for them to listen to him.

And maybe they'll bust a cap in his fat worthless a**!

olevetonahill
3/16/2013, 10:22 PM

There's an appropriate time and place for everything. The person who spoke out about the second amendment needs to learn this. This was the father's time to speak and no good comes out of yelling an answer to a rhetorical question.

Your qoute said he was " Beseeching" some one to reply. The guy did. Whats the problem?

KABOOKIE
3/16/2013, 10:28 PM

Don't ask no stupid question won't be no stupid answers. The father was taunting those in attendance to reply. His message was lost with his arrogance.

Curly Bill
3/16/2013, 10:38 PM
Your qoute said he was " Beseeching" some one to reply. The guy did. Whats the problem?

What I'm thinking! Don't ask a question you don't wanna hear the answer to.

Soonerjeepman
3/17/2013, 08:34 AM

and the media took it and ran with it and said he was heckled...which he wasn't.

"several media outlets reported that the distraught father had been “heckled” by gun rights advocates, though the videotape showed that was not the case."

jkjsooner
3/17/2013, 11:35 AM

I don't care. If a guy who just lost a young child wants to do so I would let him do so.

JLEW1818
3/17/2013, 11:51 AM
Libs, how's it feel to vote the same as this guy?

olevetonahill
3/17/2013, 11:52 AM
Libs, how's it feel to vote the same as this guy?

What guy?

olevetonahill
3/17/2013, 11:54 AM
I don't care. If a guy who just lost a young child wants to do so I would let him do so.

Yea well if some broad is actin all hysterical and shat, She prolly needs a Good
http://youngadultfinances.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/slap.jpeg

Turd_Ferguson
3/17/2013, 11:57 AM

Hey, dip****...He was speaking at a hearing on gun control. You don't get to take the stage and make dumb *** statements and not expect a reply from someone who is evidently smarter than him.

When Neil Heslin, whose son Jesse was among the victims, spoke at a Connecticut legislative hearing on gun control, he challenged those in attendance to explain why citizens should be allowed to own assault weapons.

“Not one person can answer that question,” he said, after beseeching the crowd to reply.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/15/newtown-parents-residents-blast-moore-crime-scene-photo-proposal/#ixzz2NohBU4Jk

Also, the woman who had the open casket for her son's funeral with half his head shot off should be ashamed. If I were the dad, I'd have beat her *** before I'd have let her disrespect my son like that. ****'n left wing loons...

okie52
3/17/2013, 01:17 PM
Yea well if some broad is actin all hysterical and shat, She prolly needs a Good
http://youngadultfinances.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/slap.jpeg

As long as its "garden variety".

BetterSoonerThanLater
3/21/2013, 10:46 AM
^ i see what you did there.... nice!

KantoSooner
3/21/2013, 11:02 AM
Michael Moore defines 'troll'. Where normally even the lowest idiot deserves a reasones response, Moore doesn't. Just ignore him.

badger
3/21/2013, 11:25 AM
Michael Moore isn't an absolute troll. He gained legitimacy by winning an Oscar and by making documentaries that actually turn profits (I think).

However, his work now needs to be filed under "what have you done lately," because I just looked up his bio and it doesn't appear as though he's done any more films since 2009, with the last major one being Sicko in 2007.

Either run for office or make another movie. You're not relevant anymore otherwise.

KantoSooner
3/21/2013, 02:54 PM
Badg, Making money and having the glitterati admire you is most definitely not equivalent to 'legitimacy'. Or maybe it is today. It wasn't when some form of standards in public debate were still respected.

Michael Moore made a splash with several 'documentaries', because they were anti-establishment during a period in which it was fashionable to hate the US establishment. Thus he got an Oscar. It was the politically correct thing to vote for.

As to the films (and books) themselves, they are poorly thought out and deal extremely casually with data, citations and accuracy in quotation. They are not merely full throatedly fighting for their point of view, they are simply loudly lying about facts and misquoting principals. And no one calls him on it because he, like Limbaugh and others in the new media of 'infomationtainment' are bullies and it's too much trouble to engage him. He is not a serious person involved in debate over policy. He's a buffoon with an attitude. Leave him alone, his 'shot an' a beer' lifestyle will kill him soon enough.