PDA

View Full Version : Evans re-injures ACL. Likely done.

8timechamps
3/14/2013, 07:11 PM
Less than a week into spring practice, and we've lost a second O-lineman. Sadly, Tyler Evans has re-injured his ACL. He will require surgery, and per Stoops is likely done at OU.

The team depth aside, I feel for Evans.

prrriiide
3/14/2013, 07:12 PM
That SUCKS!!

My knee still ain't right a year and a half after ACL surgery. I can't imagine what it must feel like to come back so far only to have it dashed.

Socrefbek
3/14/2013, 07:14 PM
Well that is just CRAPTASTIC !

8timechamps
3/14/2013, 07:19 PM
That SUCKS!!

My knee still ain't right a year and a half after ACL surgery. I can't imagine what it must feel like to come back so far only to have it dashed.

After watching AD last year, you have to wonder how the hell he was able to do it?! Everyone I know that has had a ACL torn, followed by surgery has said they have no idea how someone could come back have 100% trust in that knee.

BudSooner
3/14/2013, 07:22 PM
It only proves one thing, AD is not human but rather the true son of Krypton. :D

EatLeadCommie
3/14/2013, 08:34 PM
jesus christ

Fraggle145
3/14/2013, 09:18 PM
I blame Schmitty.

MyT Oklahoma
3/14/2013, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear about this but I hope he stays and gets his degree.

goingoneight
3/14/2013, 09:39 PM
What the hell happened? He was in zero contact drills and has only been working out. Must not have been ready to get back to physical activity yet. Just goes to show how Whaley, Adrian Taylor, AD, Demarco Murray and Ryan Broyles were so unique. Everybody else seems to be human after all.

CatfishSooner
3/14/2013, 10:25 PM
AD on steroids or hgh?

Soonerus
3/14/2013, 10:28 PM
Stop...

boomersooner28
3/14/2013, 10:34 PM
FIRE VENEBLES!

Boomer.....
3/15/2013, 08:33 AM
Wow

goingoneight
3/15/2013, 09:43 AM
Fire the OL coach? :D

One4OU
3/15/2013, 01:03 PM
I blame Schmitty.

I wonder if anyone researches why we are having so many oline issues? Between injuries and departures it seems BS would be concerned enough to fix it if the cause could be found. Employers do this at exit interviews.

SoonerInFortSmith
3/15/2013, 01:17 PM
Injuries happen in football. Its not like they are out there hitting guys with a baseball bat. It has just been a terrible run of luck.

Scott D
3/15/2013, 07:13 PM
What the hell happened? He was in zero contact drills and has only been working out. Must not have been ready to get back to physical activity yet. Just goes to show how Whaley, Adrian Taylor, AD, Demarco Murray and Ryan Broyles were so unique. Everybody else seems to be human after all.

none of them are carrying the same kind of weight as Evans. The major difference between Taylor and Evans is more in how their initial injury occurred. Taylor's was part of a broken leg, Evans' was not.

8timechamps
3/15/2013, 09:19 PM
I wonder if anyone researches why we are having so many oline issues? Between injuries and departures it seems BS would be concerned enough to fix it if the cause could be found. Employers do this at exit interviews.

I'm sure they have researched it to death.

If there was any real relationship between Schmidt and injuries, he would have been gone a long time ago. The sad truth is, we've had injuries at some key positions lately. Otherwise, I don't think OU is unique in the injury department. Of course, a lot of folks want to blame Schmidt (just because they always want to blame someone). I'm sure Marcus Lattimore re-injured his knee because of Schmidt. :)

VA Sooner
3/15/2013, 10:20 PM
I feel for Evans. Kid worked hard to come back for the team.

OUInformant
3/29/2013, 03:40 PM
Less than a week into spring practice, and we've lost a second O-lineman. Sadly, Tyler Evans has re-injured his ACL. He will require surgery, and per Stoops is likely done at OU.

The team depth aside, I feel for Evans.

Too bad for him. He was probably NFL talent if he would've stayed healthy. But it happens though. At least he can get his degree and start some other sort of career.

Some of my soccer friends have torn an ACL at one time or another. Some of them just never really fully recovered, even a year or two after surgery. They could play soccer again, but they surely lost a step.

I couldn't imagine trying to come back after an ACL tear and play D1 College Football though. I can understand why some of these kids choose to quit football. If your health is on the line, there's definitely no shame in that.

OUInformant
3/29/2013, 03:45 PM
I wasn't just thinking about Jason White. To do what he did was nothing short of remarkable. That dude was a winner. He probably could've succeeded in the pros had his knees not been shot.