3/14/2013, 11:43 AM
Up 8-2 early good D

soonerbub
3/14/2013, 11:49 AM
I like tempo lets run run run
15-8

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 11:52 AM
good start..need to go to library to see if it's on...ugh..good news, lunch and planning are together!

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 11:53 AM
not a lot of fouls either...last nights games were horrible officiating at points.

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 11:56 AM
keep missin the 3's isu...keep missin them...

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 12:09 PM
good news is we are not shootin out our a$$es so hopefully not a big let-down after half...

OkieThunderLion
3/14/2013, 12:29 PM
good news is we are not shootin out our a$$es so hopefully not a big let-down after half...

Unfortunately, ISU can only improve from 2x13 on 3s.

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:05 PM
yes but doesn't look like it..course now we've gone down to a 5 point lead with 2 quick fouls on Fitz

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:07 PM
does Kruger ever call timeouts?...not watching but on gametracker

rdusooner
3/14/2013, 01:08 PM
Whats with these second half breakdowns?

SoonerInFortSmith
3/14/2013, 01:08 PM
I refuse to post about how the refs are calling a one-sided game right now. I just won't do it.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/14/2013, 01:09 PM
I refuse to post about how the refs are calling a one-sided game right now. I just won't do it.

The refs aren't the problem, it is 7 straight possessions without Osby even touching the ball.

soonercastor
3/14/2013, 01:09 PM

Yeah don't.

We need to get our **** together. Damn we were just up by 13.

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:10 PM
clark is playing lights out...

rdusooner
3/14/2013, 01:11 PM
They completely missed the push on the back on that rebound, and of course ISU gets the plus one

soonercastor
3/14/2013, 01:12 PM
And there goes the lead. Can't rebound.

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:12 PM
so is it that bad...?...

the foul number isn't bad 7-7 problem is we get called on shots, giving FT they don't?

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:13 PM
****ty time for the 3's to start droppin for isu...good grief

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:14 PM
NEED a stop..a couple of them

soonercastor
3/14/2013, 01:14 PM
Furk these 3s. Jeez

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:15 PM
momentum COMPLETELY turn around the last 5 min of the game...wow~

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/14/2013, 01:15 PM
so is it that bad...?...

the foul number isn't bad 7-7 problem is we get called on shots, giving FT they don't?

we have had a ton of foul shots this half. grooms is 1-4 (missing the front end of a 1 and 1 should count as 0-2).

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:17 PM
They are now shooting better % in every category, +10 on the boards..

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:17 PM
we have had a ton of foul shots this half. grooms is 1-4 (missing the front end of a 1 and 1 should count as 0-2).

agreed...love grooms but having him have the ball, I'd foul the crap out of him myself.

rdusooner
3/14/2013, 01:21 PM
And thats the game

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:21 PM
I'm the debbie downer but that's game...

soonercastor
3/14/2013, 01:22 PM
Haha now that's just bad luck.

EatLeadCommie
3/14/2013, 01:23 PM
Disappointing finish to the season. I think the bubble has burst.

Eielson
Kruger continues to get outcoached. This has been an embarrassing stretch of basketball.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
There is a dramatic difference in the guys that Lon recruited and those who were here when he started. For example. on that "missed rebound" that ended up in an and 1 earlier Pledger could have had it in the air, but he was half-heartedly pinning his guy hoping that the big could track it down. It was just laziness and it really stands out when you compare him to guys like Osby and the kid from Wyoming.

Soonerjeepman
I know folks think we are a LOCK, I'd say a good chance, but if baylor gets to the championship game that might knock OU out. BUT, at the beginning of the season I was going to 9/9 conf and an NIT bid...that would have been an improvement from the last 3 years.

We'll see

rdusooner
3/14/2013, 01:24 PM
What a way to go in to the tournament, if we even get in now.

thecrimsoncrusader
3/14/2013, 01:25 PM
Hoiberg is ghey.

Eielson
3/14/2013, 01:26 PM
There is a dramatic difference in the guys that Lon recruited and those who were here when he started. For example. on that "missed rebound" that ended up in an and 1 earlier Pledger could have had it in the air, but he was half-heartedly pinning his guy hoping that the big could track it down. It was just laziness and it really stands out when you compare him to guys like Osby and the kid from Wyoming.

Osby is Capel's guy.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/14/2013, 01:27 PM
Kruger continues to get outcoached. This has been an embarrassing stretch of basketball.

The only real coaching move was pulling Osby at 5 minutes. #4 promptly came in and committed 3 fouls (including an offensive one). Those fouls then kicked the momentum to Iowa State. The rest of this was just bad decision making by his point or poor execution (an airball on a wide open 10 footer on an oob play? really?).

nighttrain12
3/14/2013, 01:28 PM
There can be no doubt we are now on the bubble. There are 68 spots, not just 64 (minus automatic qualifiers) so perhaps we will just barely get in though Iowa State may be one of the last teams in. I'm going to stay positive and think we will make it.

Boomer.....
3/14/2013, 01:28 PM

M'Baye misses his fair share of defensive plays.

SoonerBBall
3/14/2013, 01:29 PM
This team doesn't deserve to go to the tournament.

Yes, they beat expectations, but blowing big leads against Texas, TCU, and ISU late in the second half of each game at the end of the season means they aren't a tourney team. If they were, they would have locked it down and found a way to win.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/14/2013, 01:29 PM
Osby is Capel's guy.

He was a transfer wasn't he.

oudanny
3/14/2013, 01:31 PM
I thought we were in the big dance but if some underdog wins their tournament or Baylor makes a run we might be in the first four out.

OkieThunderLion
3/14/2013, 01:32 PM
I know folks think we are a LOCK, I'd say a good chance, but if baylor gets to the championship game that might knock OU out.

OU is on the bubble. But Baylor has absolutely zero chance of getting an at-large bid over OU.

kevpks
3/14/2013, 01:33 PM
Second against Texas
First half against TCU
Second half against ISU

Some of the most hideous basketball I've seen in awhile.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/14/2013, 01:35 PM
M'Baye misses his fair share of defensive plays.

Of course he does. I'm just saying that he gives more energy on the floor compared to our other guys. You can be a good team if you have 1 or 2 scorers and a bunch of guys who do the little things.

On the negative side, we still can't throw a pass into the post. Kruger may be Sampson's doppleganger.

Eielson
3/14/2013, 01:40 PM
The only real coaching move was pulling Osby at 5 minutes. #4 promptly came in and committed 3 fouls (including an offensive one). Those fouls then kicked the momentum to Iowa State. The rest of this was just bad decision making by his point or poor execution (an airball on a wide open 10 footer on an oob play? really?).

It's not just this game. We've been repeatedly fading in the second half, and Kruger hasn't found a way to fix it. I know some of it comes down to the players, but coaching plays a major role. Kruger is a fairly good coach, but I've yet to see greatness that the people on this board pretend to see.

Eielson
3/14/2013, 01:42 PM
He was a transfer wasn't he.

Yes. To Capel's team.

FaninAma
3/14/2013, 01:46 PM
OU is a very bubbly team based on the way they finished the year. Lon just seems to get the deer-in-the-headlite look when the opposing teams go on their runs against the Sooners.

Eielson
3/14/2013, 01:51 PM
If we get into the NCAA's, whoever it is we play, I'm going to make a prediction. We lead by 15-20 at half, and lose by 1-5.

kevpks
3/14/2013, 01:51 PM
Well I guess the selection show just got more interesting. I haven't even watched that in a few years. I hate OSU but I'd like for them to go ahead and dispatch the Bears to get them out of the way. A Baylor Big XII championship would be bad news.

kevpks
3/14/2013, 01:52 PM
If we get into the NCAA's, whoever it is we play, I'm going to make a prediction. We lead by 15-20 at half, and lose by 1-5.

No joke. I am trying to figure out my comfort zone for a lead. Maybe up 30 with 4 minutes left?

Boomer.....
3/14/2013, 01:52 PM
I think we still get into the Big Dance with our RPI and Kruger setting the NCAA appearance record.

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 01:58 PM
OU is a very bubbly team based on the way they finished the year. Lon just seems to get the deer-in-the-headlite look when the opposing teams go on their runs against the Sooners.

does he NOT call timeouts? seriously against ut I kept thinking he would call one while it went from a 23 pt lead to 12...8...3...nadda.

I've never said (well hope I didn't) that he was a GREAT coach, pretty good...yes (not sayin you said that..). I'd be curious as to who's players it could be accounted for at Ill and UF...didn't both teams win pretty close to after he left?

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 02:00 PM
I think we still get into the Big Dance with our RPI and Kruger setting the NCAA appearance record.

RPI keeps going lower and lower...

8timechamps
3/14/2013, 02:05 PM
OU is fine.

Lon is the same good coach he was a month ago. As I said at the start of the year, this is a young team. They have to learn how to hold off opponents once they get a sizable lead. That's not exactly been commonplace for the Sooners over the past few seasons, so even the upperclassmen have to learn.

Considering nobody gave this team a shot at making the tournament at the start of the year, I'm still pretty happy with what coach K has done.

At least we'll get to watch a first round game with some interest, even if that's all we get this year.

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 02:14 PM
hope you are correct 8T, but along with these losses, our RPI has gone from a solid teens to in high 30's maybe lower with this loss. I would definitely say if we are in we will be a 12/13 seed.

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 02:36 PM
8T, your quote from the other thread...referring to an article about if OU were to lose to isu that they'd be in a difficult spot....not tryin to be an a$$, just think OU is NOT a guarantee "in" now....

I'd agree with that. OU is better than ISU, and should win the first round game, but this is the same team that blew a 22 point lead at Texas and just lost to TCU. Something tells me they will take care of business Thursday and remove all doubt.

SoonerorLater
3/14/2013, 08:43 PM
hope you are correct 8T, but along with these losses, our RPI has gone from a solid teens to in high 30's maybe lower with this loss. I would definitely say if we are in we will be a 12/13 seed.

It's unlikely for a power conference at large to go in as less than a 12 even though we are one of the teams that did it back in 1999. I can't think of another power conference team that has ever won a game from the 13 spot other than OU. Probably because there are so many AQs and I think a reluctance to put a number 4 seed in harms way with a major conference opponent.

hawaii 5-0
3/14/2013, 10:10 PM
I'm sure not ready to quit on Lon with his record of success.

I'm also not sure this team coulda played much better today. Yeah, Grooms coulda made those free throws down the stretch.

If Iowa State had made even a third of those 3 pointers they were throwing up in the first half it wouldn't have been close.

I wish I had an explanation for OU's let downs late to let other teams back into the game. Most shots were contested.

I think we'll still make the Dance.

5-0

Blue
3/14/2013, 10:23 PM
When Hield was hurt it seems we were a tad better. Maybe too many cooks in the kitchen?

flysooner9
3/14/2013, 11:02 PM
i think we get way to worried about running clock in the second half especially with under 10 minutes to play. I think we have to much of a rhythm offense to try and slow things down so much in the second half when playing with a good lead. I have watched it happen so many times and our offense just gets so stagnant and we start getting crappy shot after crappy shot. It's happened in these recent losses minus TCU. It also damn nearly happened against KU and OSU. Wish Lon would just have the players leave the foot on the gas the whole game.

OkieThunderLion
3/14/2013, 11:33 PM
When Hield was hurt it seems we were a tad better. Maybe too many cooks in the kitchen?

I think coincidence more than anything.

I think Hield's arguably the team's 2nd best player.

OkieThunderLion
3/14/2013, 11:34 PM
Joe Lunardi...

LAST FOUR BYES
Oklahoma
California (drops here with loss to Utah)
Saint Mary's
Wichita State

LAST FOUR IN
La Salle
Kentucky
Virginia
Tennessee

Soonerjeepman
3/15/2013, 09:49 AM
I think coincidence more than anything.

I think Hield's arguably the team's 2nd best player.

yup

SoonerStormchaser
3/15/2013, 10:34 AM
So we won't make the tournament...and no one will care...got it!

kevpks
3/15/2013, 05:17 PM
Joe Lunardi...

LAST FOUR BYES
Oklahoma
California (drops here with loss to Utah)
Saint Mary's
Wichita State

LAST FOUR IN
La Salle
Kentucky
Virginia
Tennessee

Interesting. So I guess that would equate to an 11 seed give or take? As long as we're in, I don't really care who/where we play.

SoonerStormchaser
3/16/2013, 02:31 PM
But we won't be in...

nighttrain12
3/16/2013, 04:48 PM
But we won't be in...

You doubt the prognostication skills of Joe Lunardi? Blasphemy!