PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Smith goes nuclear at Pro Day

OkieThunderLion
3/13/2013, 02:17 PM
Runs a 4.31 and verts 41".

Means business about getting back into the league. Wow!

ouleaf
3/13/2013, 02:36 PM
Good for him. Should definitely get some invites to camps.

Widescreen
3/13/2013, 05:15 PM
4.31? I doubt he ever ran anywhere near that in college. He was pretty fast at catching punts while falling down, though.

OkieThunderLion
3/13/2013, 05:45 PM
He was always in the 4.5s while at OU.

8timechamps
3/13/2013, 06:18 PM
Good grief, Reggie had a 41" vertical!

OkieThunderLion
3/13/2013, 07:06 PM
They just changed the time on Soonersports to 4.51.

It was listed as a typo all day though, and some news sources ran with it. Maybe created enough of a buzz!

EatLeadCommie
3/13/2013, 08:36 PM
how did he fall out of the league? Seems like he was starting for SF for a while.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/14/2013, 09:02 AM
There was preseasons that they tried to give him the starting job..Even in years where safety was a severe weakness, he couldn't stay on the field. Just seemed lost on the field a good part of the time.

Fraggle145
3/14/2013, 10:00 AM
There was preseasons that they tried to give him the starting job..Even in years where safety was a severe weakness, he couldn't stay on the field. Just seemed lost on the field a good part of the time.

I wish him the best, but this seems a lot like his time here.

OkieThunderLion
3/14/2013, 10:41 AM
I wish him the best, but this seems a lot like his time here.

I think Reggie was the best player in the secondary all 3 years he played for OU. They kept moving him around because he was the only guy who could do it all.

Unfortunately, the punt return fumble at Colorado is the lasting impression.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/14/2013, 10:43 AM
And it hurt his development at any position..I was afraid Colvin was headed down the same road and they were going to hurt his league chances.. Glad they have him settled.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/14/2013, 11:28 AM
I think Reggie was the best player in the secondary all 3 years he played for OU. They kept moving him around because he was the only guy who could do it all.

Unfortunately, the punt return fumble at Colorado is the lasting impression.

At first, I was like wha? Then I went and looked at the roster and I can see your point. After Darien Williams, I'm left with DJ Wolfe and Quinton Carter (who didn't really come into his own until his JR year).

My problem with Reggie was that he only tried hard when he thought the ball was coming his way (much like Travis Lewis). I thought that was the reason they kept moving him, because after a while it was way too easy to gameplan him. There were times when receivers would catch passes with him standing right beside them because he'd lost concentration. It was also one of the reasons at the time that I thought we were better off with him bailing early than staying. It is just incredibly difficult to win all of your games in college football with guys who can't play hard every down (notice I didn't say "don't want to" which was Kelly's problem, Smith just seemed ADD out there).

OkieThunderLion
3/14/2013, 12:26 PM
Reggie's '07 season at corner was one of the best of the Stoops era. I liked him better there than at safety. But lacked the elite speed to become a top prospect.

goingoneight
3/14/2013, 09:55 PM
Smith would be on everybody's All-Stoops Team if he never played special teams. He had his brain farts reserved for ST for some reason.

ouleaf
3/15/2013, 08:22 AM
It's nucular dummy....the s is silent

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/15/2013, 10:25 AM
Reggie's '07 season at corner was one of the best of the Stoops era. I liked him better there than at safety. But lacked the elite speed to become a top prospect.

Best? There have been what 24 corner/years under Stoops? I sincerely doubt he breaks the top 5. Derrick Strait alone locks up 4 of those years (seriously only one other corner in OU history was better - Darrell Royal). Thompson in 2000 was a stud.

Widescreen
3/15/2013, 11:25 AM
Too bad Thompson got hurt. He could've been special. Had he not gotten hurt, I think he would've housed that fake punt again Bama.

King Crimson
3/16/2013, 02:28 PM
those are crazy numbers for a guy getting old by NFL standards. reggie is almost one play away from sooner magic immortality at the screw job Oregon game. and if he plays against Florida with DeMarco we ARE the number one team in america. maybe tebow is bettter than us, maybe they aren't....but we not 100%

if thompson doesn't "get hurt" he's not the receiver on that fake punt at bama. word up brandon.