PDA

View Full Version : What will be the name...

BoomerJack
3/13/2013, 02:09 PM
.. of the newly elected Pope?

Elvis ???

Abdul ????

Thoughts anyone??

deweydw
3/13/2013, 02:38 PM
Dirk Diggler

Petro-Sooner
3/13/2013, 03:00 PM
How is he named?

Flagstaffsooner
3/13/2013, 03:09 PM
Picks his own name. He picked Francis, ghey.

MsProudSooner
3/13/2013, 03:29 PM
Probably named after this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi

SoonerStormchaser
3/13/2013, 05:32 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3829042_o.gif

3/13/2013, 06:13 PM
I was hoping for "Cheech."

Breadburner
3/13/2013, 06:23 PM
I was hoping for "Dog Jennings".....

C&CDean
3/13/2013, 06:49 PM
I was hoping for Rome. Pope a Rome. That's what my pop used to call him.

hawaii 5-0
3/13/2013, 07:58 PM
I was rooting for Partyinmypants.

5-0

Breadburner
3/13/2013, 08:56 PM
Pope Peter Gozinya.

yermom
3/13/2013, 09:11 PM
Pope Pedophile MMXIII

BoomerJack
3/13/2013, 09:22 PM
I like Stormchaser's. Pope "Lighten Up" Francis I.

C&CDean
3/13/2013, 10:15 PM
Pope Pedophile MMXIII

Your anti-God schtick is getting mighty tiresome. I'm gonna start calling you Stoop Troup of the anti-Christ.

C&CDean
3/13/2013, 10:16 PM
Yes. THAT tiresome.

StoopTroup
3/14/2013, 02:36 AM
Geritol?

yermom
3/14/2013, 04:31 AM
Your anti-God schtick is getting mighty tiresome. I'm gonna start calling you Stoop Troup of the anti-Christ.

are you saying it's God's will for them to hide abuse from the authorities? i don't remember bringing God into it.

Soonerjeepman
3/14/2013, 12:23 PM
ya know yermon, why don't you focus on the OVERWHELMINGLY GOOD the Catholic church does....seriously you and sic are obsessed with this.

I'm guessing you either got raped as a little boy (a horrible thing and I pray you didn't) or are a perv yourself.

I know it's a free country, 2nd amendment, but y'all blast anyone sayin bad about your boy in the office and stick up for his dumba$$ so I'll do the same for my church.

C&CDean
3/14/2013, 12:32 PM
are you saying it's God's will for them to hide abuse from the authorities? i don't remember bringing God into it.

A pedophile is someone who diddles kids. If this dude did/does that then yes, he should be named Pope Pedopile I. If he did not/does not then it's Francis I.

My point is you just can't seem to pass up a shot at God/church/religion - no matter how lame the shot may be. I'm fairly confident that the percentage of pedophile priests is no higher than the percentage of preacher/rabbi/minister/mullah/hippy pedophiles. In fact, I'd say it may even be lower with all the recent publicity and stuff.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/14/2013, 12:37 PM
ya know yermon, why don't you focus on the OVERWHELMINGLY GOOD the Catholic church does....seriously you and sic are obsessed with this.

I'm guessing you either got raped as a little boy (a horrible thing and I pray you didn't) or are a perv yourself.

I know it's a free country, 2nd amendment, but y'all blast anyone sayin bad about your boy in the office and stick up for his dumba$$ so I'll do the same for my church.

yermom got rejected by the priest. That's why he's pissed.

C&CDean
3/14/2013, 01:39 PM
I got kicked outta the Cub Scouts. Yermom got kicked outta the altar boys.

yermom
3/14/2013, 06:25 PM

how much good did JoePa do? what is his legacy? you diddle kids, you get a label. what is the first thing people think of Michael Jackson? that wasn't ever even proven...

A pedophile is someone who diddles kids. If this dude did/does that then yes, he should be named Pope Pedopile I. If he did not/does not then it's Francis I.

My point is you just can't seem to pass up a shot at God/church/religion - no matter how lame the shot may be. I'm fairly confident that the percentage of pedophile priests is no higher than the percentage of preacher/rabbi/minister/mullah/hippy pedophiles. In fact, I'd say it may even be lower with all the recent publicity and stuff.

i'll admit it was a cheapshot, i just couldn't resist the format.

it's not necessarily the number of incidents, it's the institutionalized cover-up that has been shown to have occurred.

8timechamps
3/14/2013, 06:54 PM
I know very little about Catholicism, but what I've read on the new pontiff is pretty impressive. I read today that his first trip outside of the Vatican was to pick up his luggage from the hotel he had been staying at, and paid the bill (which is uncommon apparently). The hotel pleaded with him to allow them to comp his stay, and he wouldn't leave until they took his money.

I've read quite a few other stories of similar behavior. Like I said, I don't know much about Catholicism, but this is one good dude.

StoopTroup
3/14/2013, 08:27 PM
I just am wondering how the heck I ended up in C&C's post with Yermom about the new Pope. I also wonder how the New Pope figures in with C&C's Pope Pedophile.

Some pretty strange ranting.

StoopTroup
3/14/2013, 08:34 PM
I know very little about Catholicism, but what I've read on the new pontiff is pretty impressive. I read today that his first trip outside of the Vatican was to pick up his luggage from the hotel he had been staying at, and paid the bill (which is uncommon apparently). The hotel pleaded with him to allow them to comp his stay, and he wouldn't leave until they took his money.

I've read quite a few other stories of similar behavior. Like I said, I don't know much about Catholicism, but this is one good dude.

Same here. Seems he's lived the life of a very good man. I find it odd when a man is chosen by his peers for such a high honor as Shepard of The Church that immediately there are people attacking a man of peace who has just been honored for the things he has done in his life to be an example to us all.

Blue
3/14/2013, 09:50 PM
Maybe because the Catholic church is beyond creepy?

Now jeepman I am not questioning Catholics belief in the gospel and thus their salvation, but dang man...whats up with all the rituals that are found nowhere in the Bible?

olevetonahill
3/14/2013, 10:02 PM

Now jeepman I am not questioning Catholics belief in the gospel and thus their salvation, but dang man...whats up with all the rituals that are found nowhere in the Bible?

Ditto, and shat.

yermom
3/14/2013, 10:38 PM
Same here. Seems he's lived the life of a very good man. I find it odd when a man is chosen by his peers for such a high honor as Shepard of The Church that immediately there are people attacking a man of peace who has just been honored for the things he has done in his life to be an example to us all.

more of an attack on the position than the man. i've yet to really hear anything negative about him. he seems to like poor people, so i'm sure the pubs will hate him soon enough.

olevetonahill
3/14/2013, 10:42 PM
more of an attack on the position than the man. i've yet to really hear anything negative about him. he seems to like poor people, so i'm sure the pubs will hate him soon enough.

Hell Dave. The man Gave up a LUNG to save Poor peeps er some shat.
Its Not [IMHO] about HIM as much as it is about the Office and or Position he Now holds.

The catholic hierarchy is the evil part of this. NOT the Lay people who choose to worship their way.

Blue
3/14/2013, 11:19 PM

Whether our politicians like or hate him I care not. Try to seperate pubs and christians and then you might get somewhere. Once upon a time Christians needed to be woood' to get votes kinda like hispanics are today. I for one welcome the inevitable seperation of the church and politics.

BoomerJack
3/15/2013, 12:52 AM
Jesus H Tapdancing Christ!!!! I try to poke a little good natured fun at possible names for the new Pope and the thread gets hijacked.

Like Stormchaser sort of said: "Lighten up Francis." All of you.

Blue
3/15/2013, 01:03 AM
Welcome to Soonerfans....?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/15/2013, 01:08 AM

I've read quite a few other stories of similar behavior. Like I said, I don't know much about Catholicism, but this is one good dude.He's already got some of the PC American media down on his case for seeming to be a traditional pope, with the usual beliefs and behavior: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2013/03/pope_francis_to_lead_the_catholic_church_cardinal_ bergoglio_s_election_as.html

yermom
3/15/2013, 06:33 AM
Whether our politicians like or hate him I care not. Try to seperate pubs and christians and then you might get somewhere. Once upon a time Christians needed to be woood' to get votes kinda like hispanics are today. I for one welcome the inevitable seperation of the church and politics.

i'm not talking about just the politicians. let's see what Rush says, then we'll know how our Rush feels

C&CDean
3/15/2013, 02:50 PM
BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

Some pretty strange ranting.

Indeed.

Soonerjeepman
3/15/2013, 03:09 PM

ummm...the whole Mass is depicting the last supper...

Soonerjeepman
3/15/2013, 03:10 PM
Jesus H Tapdancing Christ!!!! I try to poke a little good natured fun at possible names for the new Pope and the thread gets hijacked.

Like Stormchaser sort of said: "Lighten up Francis." All of you.

you can thank yermon for that..

yermom
3/15/2013, 03:35 PM
hey mon, try not to be so sensitive, mon

C&CDean
3/15/2013, 03:50 PM
You shut your filthy atheisthole!111!!!

FaninAma
3/15/2013, 04:26 PM
I am ambivalent about the Catholic Church. First of all I am not a big supporter of organized religion, but my Dad's entire family are still Catholics even though my Dad's brother who was a priest was shipped off to the hinterlands in Arizona and his career put on the slow track because he tried to expose some other priests who were involved in the abuse of kids. So yermom is right, the Church deserves most of the scorn they are getting because they not only covered it up, they proactively punished Church members who tried to stop it.