PDA

View Full Version : And another Texas Player in Trouble with the Law.....

70sooner
3/13/2013, 06:38 AM
silly whorns. wonder where this puts them in the Fulmer Cup Standings?

From wire reports

Texas sophomore wide receiver Cayleb Jones was charged Tuesday with felony aggravated assault of a Longhorns tennis player, with police saying he fractured the victim’s jaw with a punch outside a downtown nightclub.

A warrant was issued for Jones’ arrest and an Austin police spokeswoman said Jones was expected to turn himself in later Tuesday. Coach Mack Brown suspended Jones until the case is resolved.

According to police, Jones punched Joseph Swaysland after Jones confronted Swaysland and Texas volleyball player Katherine Bell on Feb. 22. She told police she had been in a relationship with Jones that ended badly and that Jones had previously threatened to fight Swaysland.

Bell said Jones told her he didn’t want to see her speaking to any men, notably the victim, according to a police affidavit in support of the arrest warrant.

The charge is a second degree felony with a punishment range up to 20 years in prison.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/03/12/4678752/college-notes-texas-longhorns.html#storylink=cpy

deweydw
3/13/2013, 07:07 AM
Damn, beat me to the punch. :smile:

Seems like UT is becoming Thug U. At this pace, they should win the MNC next season. We better be on our game next season. :biggrin:

SoonerStormchaser
3/13/2013, 07:36 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9045044/cayleb-jones-texas-longhorns-charged-assaulting-tennis-player

Wonder how much ESPiN will try to cover this up for their beloved Whorns?

cleller
3/13/2013, 08:16 AM
Shouldn't there be some sort of hate crime involved here? I mean, football player vs tennis player? Should tennis players have to live with this constant threat?

KantoSooner
3/13/2013, 08:27 AM
I see an alternative punishement. Jones is a WR. He works with his hands. Swaysland is a tennis player, he works with his racket. Strap Jones down in a straight backed chair and give Swaysland his racket and 45 minutes free time. After that they shake hands and part friends.

Herr Scholz
3/13/2013, 09:30 AM
Didn't you guys have some arrests recently? Glass houses and all?

As far as Jones, I guess he's one of the few not getting laid in Austin these days. ;)

Fraggle145
3/13/2013, 09:31 AM

As far as Jones, I guess he's one of the few not getting laid in Austin these days. ;)

Or at least not watching some other guy get laid. See what I did there?

FirstandGoal
3/13/2013, 09:38 AM
Or at least not watching some other guy get laid. See what I did there?

Beat me to it by 7 minutes! Dang!

SoonerMarkVA
3/13/2013, 09:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9045044/cayleb-jones-texas-longhorns-charged-assaulting-tennis-player

Wonder how much ESPiN will try to cover this up for their beloved Whorns?

Seems to me that would be missing the golden opportunity. They could churn out some awesome reality TV following whorn criminal activity and Mack Brown's reaction to it. It'd be the best thing they show on that network.

Herr Scholz
3/13/2013, 12:38 PM
To be fair though, if there's a sport where a guy should be randomly punched, I'd probably pick tennis. Possibly rowing.

colleyvillesooner
3/13/2013, 12:39 PM

Last I checked it was a Sooner Board. Taking enjoyment from the fails of our rival.

So politely, **** off Whorn.

;)

Herr Scholz
3/13/2013, 01:06 PM
Last I checked it was a Sooner Board. Taking enjoyment from the fails of our rival.
No problem. Carry on. "Thug U" is a little much though. This stuff goes on everywhere.

NMSooner'80
3/13/2013, 02:47 PM
In Austin, the tennis player will be charged with the crime - by assaulting the football player's fists with his face. And a local judge will probably go home a little bit more "wealthy" than he started the day.

KantoSooner
3/13/2013, 03:08 PM
To be fair though, if there's a sport where a guy should be randomly punched, I'd probably pick tennis. Possibly rowing.

Ever look at rowers arms and backs? You do NOT want to be on the receiving end. Not saying they could fight like a football player, but if they got a square shot you'd be looking at years and years of reparative surgeries.

LakeRat
3/13/2013, 03:10 PM
Shouldn't there be some sort of hate crime involved here? I mean, football player vs tennis player? Should tennis players have to live with this constant threat?

Race crime is possible. It could be race driven. So yeah, I could see it being a hate crime.

Scott D
3/13/2013, 03:26 PM
Where are the random UFC fighters when you need one.

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2013, 10:47 AM
No problem. Carry on. "Thug U" is a little much though. This stuff goes on everywhere.

Expected a little more fight than that Herr. Must be the offseason. ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/14/2013, 11:09 AM

After reading about him, I think "Helicopter Parent U" would be more appropriate.

Herr Scholz
3/14/2013, 12:51 PM
Expected a little more fight than that Herr. Must be the offseason. ;)
Ehh, the last 3 years have taken me down a few notches.

Jacie
3/14/2013, 04:24 PM
Here's the girl that got Cayleb so worked up, he simply couldn't help himself.

http://www.teamusa.org/Athletes/BE/Katherine-Bell.aspx

Kind of funny that she used to play for a team called the Texas Assault . . .

Jacie
3/17/2013, 04:50 PM
More funnies from EDSBS:

FULMER CUPDATE: MACK BROWN OFFERED HIM AS AN ARSONIST

By Spencer Hallon Mar 13 2013

Demonstrate your love by beating up a tennis player. This is what I really want most from you, honey. It's not that we couldn't communicate, or that I'm insane, or that we just didn't work. What I really want, more than anything in this world, is for you to tell me not to even talk to other men. Correction: what I want most in this world is for you to do that, and then beat the **** out of a tennis player in front of me.

If you could break his jaw, I would marry you on the spot. Wait. You didn't!

According to Austin police, Jones fractured Joseph Swaysland's jaw outside an Austin nightclub on Feb. 22 after Jones saw Swaysland speaking with Texas volleyball player Katherine Bell. She told police she had been in a relationship with Jones that ended badly.

Oh my god honey we are getting married and I am having your babies on the spot! Thank you sweetie! Ur teh best!

XOXOXOXOXOXO,

No woman ever in the history of ****ing civilization

P.S. That''s a felony charge with a possible maximum prison sentence of 20 years, so that's a three point charge for Texas in the Fulmer Cup.

P.P.S. Mack Brown offered him as an arsonist.

Herr Scholz
4/23/2013, 11:35 PM
Update: OrangeBloods reporting the Travis County DA will not pursue felony charges against WR Cayleb Jones after he broke the jaw of a UT tennis player.

vtsooner21
4/24/2013, 06:07 AM
Both parties should be arrested for their participation in this. I don't think that even Brent Mussberger would want to wring his mitten over this one..And, of course, we know about him being a dirty ol' guy...

Boomer