PDA

View Full Version : Drew Allen looking to transfer

deweydw
3/12/2013, 10:13 AM
He'll graduate in May. But will still have one year of eligibility left. Hope it works out for him.

One possible destination for Allen is Indiana. Hoosiers coach Kevin Wilson was OU's offensive coordinator before taking the head job at Indiana in 2010. The Hoosiers also run a similar offense to the one OU has, which could make any transition more seamless for Allen.

The Hoosiers played three different QBs last season, eventually settling on sophomore Cameron Coffman.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/oklahoma/post/_/id/18640/stoops-will-support-allens-looming-choice

deweydw
3/12/2013, 10:33 AM
oops, didn't see this one.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?174727-Drew-Allen-rumored-to-Transfer&highlight=drew+allen

goingoneight
3/12/2013, 11:01 AM
Programs like TU have benefitted big time from players like DA transferring in in recent years. I hope he can get on with someone good.

KantoSooner
3/12/2013, 11:08 AM
I really want this guy to do well. He worked hard, kept his nose clean and didn't bitch (that I know of). That's worth something. I hope Bob is able to pull some strings for him.

SoonerLB
3/12/2013, 11:29 AM
He deserves something good to happen, and he deserves some recognition for "staying the course" and doing so in an admirable manner. A gentleman and a scholar, hard combo to beat and one that deserves recognition, three cheers for Drew! Thank you sir, you have shown the others the true meaning of "team player", kudos to you!

Scott D
3/12/2013, 05:38 PM
@OUCompliance is going to miss him.

Mazeppa
4/4/2013, 09:59 PM
This just in: well about 6 hours ago

Updated: April 3, 2013, 4:13 PM ET
By Joe Schad | ESPN

Former Oklahoma quarterback Drew Allen has visited Syracuse but will visit one more school as early as this week before deciding where to play this season, according to a source.
Allen has one season to play and will be eligible this season immediately after he graduates. Allen plans to make his decision final as early as next week.
Allen has played behind Landry Jones, and Blake Bell is poised to take over as Oklahoma's starter this season.
Syracuse has experience with this scenario as Greg Paulus once played one season after earning his degree at Duke.

Mazeppa
4/12/2013, 11:42 PM
Drew Allen to join Syracuse
Updated: April 13, 2013, 12:23 AM ET
By Joe Schad | ESPN

Former Oklahoma quarterback Drew Allen will transfer to Syracuse and is eligible to compete for the starting position this season, Allen said Friday.

Allen, 6-feet-5, 226 pounds, completed 18 passes in three seasons at Oklahoma. He is eligible to participate immediately because he is graduating from Oklahoma and has one year of eligibility remaining.

"Syracuse is a great decision for me because coach [Scott] Shafer and his staff have given me an opportunity to come in and compete for the starting job," Allen said. "All I want to do is compete and make Syracuse a better football team, however I can do that."

Allen passed for 2,315 yards and 22 touchdowns as a senior at Alamo Heights High School in San Antonio and considered schools such as Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Purdue and Colorado.

Allen has played behind Landry Jones, and Blake Bell is poised to take over as Oklahoma's starter this season.

Syracuse has experience with this scenario as Greg Paulus once played one season after earning his degree at Duke.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/13/2013, 01:03 AM
He deserves something good to happen, and he deserves some recognition for "staying the course" and doing so in an admirable manner. A gentleman and a scholar, hard combo to beat and one that deserves recognition, three cheers for Drew! Thank you sir, you have shown the others the true meaning of "team player", kudos to you!
Well said, and Dittos, Drew. Best of luck to you!

okiewaker
4/13/2013, 01:13 AM
Good luck to the young fella!

vtsooner21
4/13/2013, 06:37 AM
A class guy and a "live" arm. I'm hoping that he lights it up for the Orange this year. He deserves nothing but the very best!

Boomer

JLEW1818
4/13/2013, 08:25 AM
Calling it now! We play Cuse in the Pinstripe bowl!

REDREX
4/13/2013, 08:29 AM
Tell him to buy a coat----It will be a bit colder than he is used to------Best of Luck to him

SoonerMarkVA
4/13/2013, 08:54 AM
Really hope it works out for him. I don't know 'Cuse's QB situation, but hopefully he did his homework and knows he has the inside track to start. It would suck for him to transfer that final year and ride the pine.

70sooner
4/13/2013, 12:39 PM
per the Tulsa World.....

Allen will compete with fifth-year senior Charley Loeb, junior Terrel Hunt and senior John Kinder for the vacant Syracuse quarterback position.

VA Sooner
4/13/2013, 01:24 PM
Can he do enough in one year to get some looks or is this just to get some playing time in?

I wish him all the best for being a good kid and having a lot of patience.