PDA

View Full Version : Some GUN MANUFACTURERS saying no to questionable purchases

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/10/2013, 01:49 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/09/gunmakers-cops-protest/1975697/

The above from a source the Libs love, so even they should consider the story a non-spin.

yermom
3/10/2013, 02:02 PM
"questionable purchases"?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/10/2013, 04:15 PM
"questionable purchases"?the type we hear about lately...well maybe not so much in your regular news sources.

Wishboned
3/10/2013, 06:26 PM
There are currently 124 manufacturers who have halted sales to state governments with restrictive gun laws.

http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

diverdog
3/10/2013, 07:57 PM
There are currently 124 manufacturers who have halted sales to state governments with restrictive gun laws.

http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

i see very few manufactures and mostly local gun dealers.

What they are going to do is force police agencies to purchase foreign weapons. I am sure Israel, Brazil, and Germany would be happy to sell them all they want.

Curly Bill
3/10/2013, 08:08 PM
i see very few manufactures and mostly local gun dealers.

What they are going to do is force police agencies to purchase foreign weapons. I am sure Israel, Brazil, and Germany would be happy to sell them all they want.

Good! Maybe that'll free up some of the domestic manufacture for us regular folks to buy. Hopefully do the same with ammo.

diverdog
3/10/2013, 08:29 PM
Good! Maybe that'll free up some of the domestic manufacture for us regular folks to buy. Hopefully do the same with ammo.

the reason there is no ammo is because of irrational fears by some gun owners. All they have done is to drive up the price of ammo and restrict availability. The only people who are making out are the manufacturers. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

bluedogok
3/10/2013, 08:41 PM
I guess the constant purchase orders for millions of rounds at a time by the gov't hasn't a put a crimp in the supply chain either.....it's just spooked gun owners buying all of it up I guess :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
3/10/2013, 08:51 PM
the reason there is no ammo is because of irrational fears by some gun owners. All they have done is to drive up the price of ammo and restrict availability. The only people who are making out are the manufacturers. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

As am I! I think it's more than funny that the political idiots that want to ban guns have done nothing but greatly increase the number of them out there. And I'm good on ammo for a while so I'm good with it being in short supply right now too.

Curly Bill
3/10/2013, 08:51 PM
I guess the constant purchase orders for millions of rounds at a time by the gov't hasn't a put a crimp in the supply chain either.....it's just spooked gun owners buying all of it up I guess :rolleyes:

Shhhh...That doesn't fit with his talking points.

olevetonahill
3/10/2013, 09:19 PM
As am I! I think it's more than funny that the political idiots that want to ban guns have done nothing but greatly increase the number of them out there. And I'm good on ammo for a while so I'm good with it being in short supply right now too.

Heh, Im good with it myself. Remember me saying I had all that 9Mil ammo?
I mentioned it to a friend the other day, He came over and bot it, he took every spare round I had and I wound up with 400 bucks that had just been sittin around in useless ammo to me

SCOUT
3/10/2013, 11:50 PM
This was not hard to see coming. I stocked up early and am good for a very long while. For example, I bought a bunch of 45 acp at about $.35 a round a while back. It is up to almost a buck a round now. Manufacturing should pick up the volume in an effort to meet the demand. This too shall pass (speaking of the current run, of course) and there will be surplus ammo. I will buy some more then.

diverdog
3/11/2013, 03:29 AM
This was not hard to see coming. I stocked up early and am good for a very long while. For example, I bought a bunch of 45 acp at about $.35 a round a while back. It is up to almost a buck a round now. Manufacturing should pick up the volume in an effort to meet the demand. This too shall pass (speaking of the current run, of course) and there will be surplus ammo. I will buy some more then.

A buck a round? Damn it is worse than I thought. Walmart has a three box rule on ammo around here.

Yeah, I am waiting it out as well but it will be a year before supplies get back up to normal levels.

Are shot gun shells in short supply?